115

>>Word count; 1442<<

"Avoid people who mess with your head. Avoid people who intentionally and repeatedly do and say thing that they know upset you. Avoid people who expect you to prioritize them but refuse to prioritize you. Avoid people who can't and wont apologize sincerely. Avoid. Avoid." ~Unknown

This quote has nothing to do with the book but i just wanted to post it. Please let go of toxic friends, family or toxic boyfriends/girlfriends. My "Best friend" was so toxic and manipulative and i didn't even know what she was doing until my true friends pointed it out. I've known this girl since Elementary and i cut her off when i graduated from high school.. I've known her for as long as i can remember and she had me so isolated and blinded by the way she was towards me all these years, I couldn't see it. I'm still trying to heal myself from what she did to me.

These people don't deserve you. These people don't deserve your energy. These people don't deserve having you as friends. You deserve better. You deserve everything.

I love you.

~Katherine's Pov~

Daryl followed me outside, "What'd you need to talk to me about?" He asked, We walked over to the benches and I sat down. He sat down next to me and I pulled out Luna's necklace, handing it to him. He took it and looked at it then back to me, He looked at the necklace on me confused. "I bought these matching necklaces for Luna's 9th birthday." I said looking at him. He looked back down at it then back at me, "She alive..?" He asked confused, I shrugged a bit looking at him. "I don't know.." I whispered as I looked at the necklace in his hand. He handed it back to me and held my hand with the necklace in between our hands. "How'd you get it then.?" he asked. I licked my lips slightly. "My brother.." I said, almost whispering again. "Your brother.?" He asked confused.

I nodded, "He's with Negan.." I said swallowing the lump in my throat. He looked away from me but kept holding my hand. "His name is Grayson.. He's my older brother.." i said looking at him, feeling my heart race. He looked back at me. "So she's with them too.?" He asked. ".. If she's alive.. yes." I said nodding a bit. "How old would she be..?" he asked looking at me, "15.. about to be 16," I said looking at him too. He sighed slightly and looked down at our hands. He held my other hand, I held it back. "I didn't see any kids. I can't tell you nothin'.." he said. I shook my head looking at him, "it's okay.. I just wanted-- I needed to tell you." I said. He nodded a bit. "Yeah." he said softly, I pulled my hands away from him and hugged him again. He hugged me back, "Rick knows about my brother.. He knows about Luna and the necklace. They came yesterday and that's when he gave me the necklace right before he left.. I wanted to go but Rick didn't let me go." i said. "Good." He said as we pulled away, he looked at me. "Don't go anywhere near that place. You understand.?" He asked looking at me. I nodded, "Okay," I said. He nodded a bit looking at me then away. "He has multiple women, his wives or some weird shit.. I don't want you near him. Ever." he said looking back at me. I nodded.

"Okay," I said. He nodded looking at me. "I don't know if I saw your brother." he said changing the subject. "Mostly only saw Dwight and Negan." He said. I kept looking at him, "Do you wanna talk about it..?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "Nah." He said without hesitation. I kept looking at him, He looked away from me. "Don't worry 'bout me. I'm alright.." he said and looked back at my necklace. I sighed a bit and nodded a bit after a second.

He wasn't okay.

I saw the look in his eyes but i wasn't gonna push. If he wanted or needed to talk he knows i'm here, he'll come to me. "Okay.." I said softly, He looked back at me and nodded, "Yeah." He said and looked at me. "I'm glad you're here." I said looking at him, He nodded looking at me. "Yeah me too." He said looking at me, I looked back down at the necklace. "I hope she's alive.." I said looking at it. He took the necklace from my hand and wrapped it around my wrist like a bracelet. "Yeah me too." he said clipping it. I looked at him, he looked back at me. "I don't know what- i'd do if she isn't alive.." I said looking at him. "I'm here, if she is or she ain't... I'll be here. For you and your kid." he said. I gave him a soft smile, "Thank you." I whispered.

~The next day~

We were at this place called The Kingdom, we were trying to convince this man who calls himself King Ezekiel, to help us fight the Saviors since they clearly had the numbers.. But by the looks of it, he wasn't gonna help us fight.. We were about to leave. Morgan was here and he said that Carol was here too but not anymore, I felt a hand on my hand. I looked back to see Rick, He slowed down and so did i. We waited for everyone to walk in front of us and he finally let my hand go, "What?" i asked looking at him, "You're gonna have to talk to Daryl." he said looking at me as we walked, we were a bit behind from the group. Daryl was at the front. "Keep him here, it's best play for him right now." He said. I nodded a bit looking at him. "Yeah," I said softly. As bad as I wanted him to come home and be with me again, it was better for him to stay here.

The Saviors were probably looking for him right now and I'm sure that if they found him it wouldn't end well for him.. If I were them, I'd probably go look at Alexandria.. He needs to be somewhere safe and away from those people, King Ezekiel said that they don't come in here, so here is the safest place for him to be. "Okay." i said nodding a bit. He nodded. "Alright," He said putting a hand on my back as we continued to walk. He looked forward,  I looked away from him too and down at my hand, looking at Luna's necklace on my wrist for a second then back at him. He looked over at me feeling my eyes on him, "I'm sorry." I said. He kept looking at me. "For what..?" he asked. "Yelling at you, how I acted.." I said. He shook his head. "Don't be, Don't forget I've been where you're at. Looking for Carl and Lori," he said. He said. I nodded a bit as we looked at each other, "So you're not mad at me..?" I asked. He shook his head, "No," he said giving me the softest smile. "Are you.?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No." i said. He nodded. "Good," he said. "Alright, open it up. We're goin'. " Daryl said as we reached everyone. The gates opened, "You're not." Rick said as everyone walked out. "I ain't stayin' here." Daryl said looking at Rick. I stayed with him as everyone walked. "It's the smartest play, you know it is." Rick said looking at him. I just stood there watching him talk to Daryl who was growing impatient and a little mad. "Try talking to Ezekiel. Or stare him into submission, whatever it takes." Rick said, I smiled the softest bit and looked down at my shoes then back at him and Daryl. Rick put a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll be back soon." Rick said looking at him. Daryl looked back at him then at me. Rick pulled away and walked away leaving us alone. I looked at Daryl and held his hand. He held it back. "Behave." i said raising an eyebrow slightly, He looked down at our hands and fixed his grip. I kissed his cheek and he looked at me. I gave him the softest smile and he let go of my hand, pulling me into him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and closed my eyes as we held each other. I sighed a bit as he held me, We pulled away and he rested his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and so did he, We stayed like this for a couple of seconds. "Okay." I whispered and leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me back then we pulled away.

"We'll come back.. I promise." I said looking at him. "Yeah," he said. I nodded and took a step back, We let go and I turned around heading over to Rick. The gate closed behind us and we walked. "You did all the talking Grimes." I said as we walked. "Yeah I know." he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. He brought me into him for a side hug and I rested my shoulder against his shoulder. "I hated that." I said taking my head off his shoulder. "I know, but we know he's here, and we know he's safe." He said rubbing my arm. He kissed my cheek, "We'll be alright." He said, I looked back at him and he looked at me too. "What would we do without each other Grimes.?" I asked and hugged him back.