58

>>Word count; 1128 <<

~Katherine's Pov~

We were inside now, looking for the things we needed to bring back to the prison. "Ugh, i lost." I mumbled and grabbed some candy bars putting them in my bag. "Sucks to be you." Daryl said. I looked over to him and threw a candy bar at him. He looked at it on the floor then back at me. "You wanna fight?" i asked narrowing my eyes at him. He smirked a bit and picked it up, tossing bit back to me. I caught and put it in my bag, We heard a loud crash and we headed over to see 2 shelves down. Daryl bent down and so did i to see Bob under there. "You alright? You cut or sum?" Daryl asked shining the light at him. "No man, but my foot is caught." He said, we stood back up to see Zack and Tyreese here with us. "Aright, he's just caught. Cmon help me up." Daryl said. They lifted up the shelf. "What happened?!" Glenn called out from the other side of the store. "Everyone's alright! We're over in wine and beer!" Zack called out.

"I was moving fast man. I drove into the drinks." Bob said chuckling a bit. "Man you lucked out. If this thing had come down on you the wrong way..." Tyreese said. We moved over to start to pick up the second shelf but something fell from the roof. We looked up to see a walker hanging from its guts. "Ugh.." i said softly, looking at it in disgust. He hung there, slowly turning and looking over at us. Glenn, Michonne and Sasha came to us. "Yeah- uh.. we should probably go now." Glenn said looking at the walker. "Bob's still stuck. Let's get him out of there." Daryl said. "We'll get the other side." Michonne said. One by one walkers started falling through the roof. A bunch of them too, it wasn't just a few. Glenn grabbed my arm and pulled me back as they fell closer and closer to us.

"Hey!" Bob yelled as we left him. Glenn and I backed up in an isle. One fell right on Glenn, i fell back too, dropping my knife. "Glenn-!" I called out as a walker started getting closer to his leg. I grabbed my knife and got up quickly. He shot the walker on his leg and i took care of the one on top of him. More and more walkers started falling in, gunshots went off as we all fought off walkers. I helped him up and we  got out of the isle, backing up once again as a walker fell in front of us. "This way." he said and pulled me again. "Hey!" We heard Bob's voice again. "Damn it Bob's still trapped." I said looking up. "Oh- shit." I said, Glenn looked up. "Cmon- cmon." He said. We saw a military helicopter started to fall, it was creaking. If that fell with us in here we were never gonna get out of here. We ran over to the Isle we were at earlier, We saw walkers trying to get to Daryl but he was on top of a bunch of beer boxes. Daryl and i cleared the walkers for Daryl. "Daryl go!" Glenn said as the helicopter came closer to tipping over the edge. He jumped down and took down a few more walkers.

"Get Bob!" Zack called out and shot some too. Daryl pulled the walker away from Bob, he and Zach got in out from under the shelf but we heard screams. We looked back to see a walker biting Zack's leg. "Zack!" Glenn called out as more walkers got to him. Biting him. "Cmon!" Glenn called out, Daryl grabbed my hand and pulled me, we ran out of the building right on time, the helicopter fell through the roof and the building collapsed into itself. We caught our breaths a bit looking at the building, Daryl let go of my hand and put it on my back, "We gotta go." He said to everyone, We hesitantly started moving to our vehicles heading back to the prison.

~~~

"Hey." I said to Carl, he was in his bed reading comic books. He looked up, "Hey." he said putting it down quickly. I tossed him 3 candy bars. "I was gonna get more but- shit went down.." I said nodding a bit, He looked at the bars then back at me. "What happened?" he asked. I shook my head. "Walkers and a military helicopter fell through the roof." I said. He looked at me confused, "Is everyone okay.?" He asked. I shook my head. "Zack didn't make it, walkers got him. Daryl's talking to Beth right now." I said. He stood up from the bed and came over to me. "Are you okay..?" He asked. I nodded, "Yeah- yeah. It just- we went for a while without there being any accidents or deaths." I said. He nodded a bit looking at me, "But you're okay.?" he asked. I nodded a bit, "Yeah, i'm okay." I said. He gave me a small nod, "Okay," he said softly. "I'm gonna go to bed, see you tomorrow okay.?" I asked. He nodded, "Goodnight," he said. "Night kiddo." i said softly and walked out of his cell.

I headed up the stairs and went to my cell. I put my hair up in a bun and took my belt off, it held my gun and knife. I placed it on the table. "Hey." I looked over to see Daryl, He walked in and sat on my bed. "Hi," I said sitting down too. "How'd she take it..?" i asked. "Good?" he asked and looked at me. I looked at him too. "Didn't cry, said she was glad to meet him. That's it." He said. "Hm.." i said and looked forward. I shrugged a bit, "Maybe she didn't like him as much as she thought she did..?" i asked and looked at him again. I mean i knew if i lost a boyfriend like that i'd cry, for sure. He looked at me too. "Maybe," He said softly. "You need something?" i asked. He shook his head. "Nah, i just came. Don't really know why." He said. I gave him a soft smile. "Are you okay.?" I asked. He nodded biting the inside of his cheek, looking down for a second.

"You.?" He asked looking back at me. I gave him a nod, "Yeah, i'm okay. Tired though.." I said softly. He stood up, "Night then," He said. "I'm not telling you to leave." I smiled at him. "You're tired, sleep. Don't keep yourself up." He said. I kept smiling at him. "Goodnight," He said, "Goodnight." i said softly and he walked out.