34

>>Word count; 1069<<

I have an idea of how i'm gonna get them together, it might take a while but bear with me. 🥰❤ I feel like it makes sense to wait a while bc of how Daryl is. He has to be completely comfortable and trusting of a person before he opens up to them yk? I feel like he already there with Katherine but i feel like he'd be scared to take it to the next level. So please be patient. :)❤

~Katherine's Pov~

I felt my knee being shaken/rubbed a bit, I gasped a bit and tried baking away but i was already against the wall. I fell asleep in a corner again, with my head resting on the wall beside me and my knees up to my chest. I released a small breath looking at Daryl. "Relax," he said taking his hand off my knee, I put my hand on my forehead and closed my eyes calming down. "You seriously fell asleep like this.?" He asked. I put my head in my hands, i rubbed my eyes a bit. "Yeah.." i said sleepily. "We're gonna go look for the armory later, just wanted to see if you were comin' with us." He said. I sighed a bit and rested my head on the wall again. "Mhm," i said softly and took my hands away from my face.

"Alright," he said standing up straight.

~Later on that same day~

We found the armory, we did find weapons and i was surprised. I thought there was gonna be nothing but i was wrong.. Earlier today before i came back down to the rest i heard Lori talking to Hershel about thinking how she lost the baby, I didn't mean to overhear but when i did i just listened because it is hard to go through a pregnancy alone, i saw my sister go through it. I moved into her house to help her myself because her shitty ass boyfriend didn't want anything to do with the baby. He left her as soon as he found out she was pregnant because he couldn't 'take care of it'. So i moved in and helped her with everything.

Right now we were down at the solitary confinement area of the prison, the bottom level. Glenn was marking the walls with white spray paint as we checked the place out so we wouldn't get lost. "Where's Glenn and Maggie.?" Rick asked, We were in this small room since we ran into some walkers. They weren't with us though, "We have to go back." Hershel whispered. "We don't know where they went though." i whispered looking at him. I looked at everyone. "No one saw?" i asked. No one spoke up. "Great," I whispered and peaked to see the walkers were gone. I stood up and opened the door.

We started heading through the halls. This place was a maze, We heard a scream coming from behind us. We ran back to see a walker biting Hershel's leg. "No!" Rick yelled and shot the walker quickly. "No!" Maggie said appearing. "Daddy!" She cried. Rick and Glenn picked him up, moving quickly again as more walkers appeared. We made our way to the cafeteria and they set him down. T-Dog and I leaned against the door keeping the walkers from getting in, "Hold him down." Rick said taking off his belt. Maggie, Glenn and Daryl held him down.

Rick tied his belt on his leg and pulled out his axe. "Only one way to keep you alive." he said. "Jesus." i whispered. Rick started hacking off his leg, Hershel passed out from the pain. Rick took one last swing and his leg came off. "Ohh-!" he said standing up, looking at his hands covered in blood. "He's bleeding out." Rick said. Daryl stood up and pointed his crossbow and i looked over to see some guys, prisoners on the other side of the fence area. "Who the hell are you.?" He asked. "Who the hell are you.?" one of them asked. "We gotta go! We can't help him here." I said as walkers tried pushing the doors open. "Put pressure on the knee. Hard!" Rick said. Glenn and Maggie went to Hershel. "Why don't you come on out of there.? Slow and steady." Daryl said. I looked over to the guys as they started coming out of there.

The first one to come out had a gun, "What happened to him.?" he asked as the rest followed, "He got bit." Daryl said. He reached for his gun. "You got it.?" i asked looking at T-dog. He nodded and stood in the middle. I pulled out my gun and walked over to them. "Bit.?" He asked. "Put it down." I said walking up to them. Daryl and i blocked them from getting to the rest who weer with Hershel. He pointed his gun at me. "Whoa whoa- whoa. Easy now." Daryl said moving a bit more towards them. "Nobody needs to get hurt." He said, the man pointed the gun at him. "Rick we gotta go." i said not taking my eyes off the guy.

"Do you have medial supplies.?" Glenn asked walking by them. "Whoa! Where do you think you're going.?" One of them asked, the guy pointed the gun at him as he walked. "Who the hell are you people anyway.?" The man with the gun asked. "Don't look like no rescue team." another man said. I scoffed, "If that's what you're waiting for, hate to break it to you you but it's not gonna happen." I said looking at him. "We gotta go!" Rick called out and they picked up Hershel. Glenn came back with a table that had some wheels. They put him on it. "T the door!" Rick called out. "Are you crazy?! Don't open that!" one of them said. "We got this." Rick said. I backed up and pulled out my knife.

T-dog opened the door and i went to help him with some walkers, clearing the way. They started moving, leaving the cafeteria. "Daryl." I said looking at him. He backed up a few steps and i pointed my gun at the guy with the gun. Daryl reached the door and we left them. As we made our way through the halls, we realized they were following us. We made the cell block, "Open the door! It's Hershel.!" Rick called out. They got him inside, Daryl grabbed my arm as i pulled out the keys. I looked at him. "Stay with me." he said and let me go. He put the flashlight and keys on the table then pointed his bow at the entrance. I locked the door and put the keys down as well, I walked over to him too and stood on the opposite side of the table, pointing my gun at the door too.

 I locked the door and put the keys down as well, I walked over to him too and stood on the opposite side of the table, pointing my gun at the door too