91

>>Word count; 1064<<

~Katherine's Pov~

"It'll hold." Rick said as we waited for the walkers to come. We were at the wall we built to help keep the walkers together and on track. "Well that's good. You know, considering where we're standing." Michonne said. I looked down trying to concentrate, seeing if I could hear Daryl's bike. "Michonne." Morgan said, "Yeah." She responded, "Back when you were in that place.. Where i lived," He said and took a pause, "Did you two take some of my protein bars.?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows but then remembered that we did take one of his protein bars. I pursed my lips, Rick looked at me knowing that we did. I looked away smiling. "No, we didn't." She said. "See i could've sworn there were 2 more peanut butter left," He said, I wiped the smile off my face and looked at them.

Rick gave me a look. I shrugged a bit smiling softly at him as Michonne sighed. "That's how it is, isn't it? You always think there's one more peanut butter left." She said, I looked away from Rick as we heard the walkers and Daryl's bike. "Here we go." i said and we pulled out our flare guns, starting to shoot them to draw them in the other direction.

~~~

We lost Carter, he got bit. But a huge group of them got distracted and headed towards Alexandria because of a horn. We didn't know what it was but it was bad, we had half the herd heading towards home. We were running since they were coming in our direction, we had to stay ahead of them. "Damn it what the hell is that." I said as we stopped, "Try again." Glenn said, Rick pulled out his walkie, "Tobin it's not stopping. Light it up. You hear me.?" Rick asked, all we heard was static. "Cmon." i said and we kept running, "Rick!" Daryl called out through the walkie as we ran. "I'm here." Rick responded, "What's goin' on back there?!" Daryl asked. "Half of them broke off. They're going toward Alexandria." Rick said. There was a pause as we ran. "Towards you?" Abraham asked.

"We ran ahead, there's a horn or something. Loud, coming from the east. It's not stopping." Rick said. "Imma gas it up, turn back." Daryl said, I shook my head and pulled my walkie out too, "You can't let your half break off. You have to keep going." I said, "They're gonna need our help." Daryl said. "Gotta keep the herd moving." Rick said. "Not if it's going down we don't." Daryl said. "If your herd breaks shit's gonna go from bad to worse. Stick to the plan with your half." I said and let go of the button, We dodged some low hanging branches. "Daryl listen to me!" I said as we got no response from him. "Yeah I heard you." he said. We put the walkies away and after a few more minutes of running we stopped to catch our breath and come up with a plan because we needed a new one after that half broke off. "Alright, listen up. Here's the new plan." Rick said to everyone. "I go back, get the RV, circle around the woods on Redding. I'll get in front of them before they get there. I can lead them away again." Rick said.

"RV's a mile back. I can go with you." One of the guys from this group said. "I'll handle it, just get home. They might need you there." Rick said. "Glenn, Michonne." Rick said, he grabbed my arm for a second telling me to go with them too. We all walked away with Rick. "If something's in front of you, kill it. No hiding, no waiting. You keep going." Rick said as we walked. "Wait what?" i asked. "I'm going with you. You can't do this on your own." Glenn said. "Glenn i can do this." Rick said as we stopped once we were away from the group. "You need to help me. We've gotta get these people back." Michonne said. "I'll go with him." i said looking at Glenn, Rick looked at me. "They got the group. Let me go with you." i said looking at him, He shook his head. "No." he said. "I wasn't asking." I said shaking my head as well. "Thing is, they aren't all gonna make it." He said, "Rick." Michonne said giving him a look. "You try to save them, you try. But if they can't keep up you keep going. You have to. You make sure you get back." Rick said.

We heard screaming and we looked back to see a walker on someone, biting their throat. We went over and pulled the walker off of them, Michonne put her sword through his head. We lost 2 people already, and Rick was right. We were probably gonna lose more. We heard the horn stop, "The horn stopped. Good." he said and took the guy's weapons, extra ammo and things he had on him. "Let's go." Rick said looking up at me. He stood up. "Get back safe." He said and we started heading back in the direction of the RV. "Wish we had longer rage walkies to check back home." I said as i looked around. "Yeah.." Rick said as he looked around too, "Cmon." He said and we made it out of the woods, running again.

~~~

Glenn just radioed us, telling us his group was in a small town as we took down some walkers, they got another person that was in our group. "Let me see." i said catching my breath, i got on my knees as well and checked his hand. One of the walkers had a machete on them, they failed to kill the walker. Rick cut his hand trying to get it off the walker. "We gotta keep moving," He said looting the man of the things we could use with one hand. "Don't be stubborn." I said checking the cut. "We need to wrap it, it's kinda deep." i said as blood fell. "It's fine." he said and got up. I stood up too and looked around, tightening my ponytail. "Let's keep moving, there's some supplies in the RV." he said wrapping the bag around him that he got from the man.

"Alright." i said and we kept running.

A/N: On a scale of 1-10

A/N: On a scale of 1-10.. how anxious are you on finding out what happened to Luna?

It's coming soon, i promise. ❤