18

Deleted scene is over :)

>>Word count; 1038<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We were leaving some vehicles behind and siphoning gas just like we planned last night. We were leaving the city and going to Fort Benning. "Let's go." Daryl said as he pulled up next to me on his bike. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "Don't start get on." he said looking away. I giggled at his comment, "You know me so well Mr. Dixon." I said getting on the back of his bike. "Shut up and hold on woman." He said. I hugged him from behind, I laughed a bit and rested my forehead on his shoulder. "What now?" he asked looking slightly back. "Nothing," i said and took my head off his shoulder. "Hold on, i don't want you flyin' off my damn bike." He said. "I'm holding on." i said.  We started moving again.

After a while of driving, we came across a pile up of cars, some of them were turned over. The further Daryl and i made it we noticed people dead in the cars. I slowly stopped holding on to Daryl since he was going slower, i still had my hands on him but i was looking around. Daryl turned around and we drove towards Dale's RV. "See a way through?" He asked. Daryl nodded and signaled him to follow him. There was a noise behind us and we stopped, Daryl stopped his bike and i got off. He did too and we walked back to the rest, we saw there was smoke coming out of the RV. "I said it. Didn't i say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water."  Dale said walking up to the front of the RV. "Problem Dale?" Shane asked.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-- okay.. that was dumb." he said. Daryl started looking through the back of an open car. "If you can't find a radiator hose here.." Shane said. "There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl said pulling things out of the car. "I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T-Dog said. "Maybe some water?" Carol asked. "Or food." Glenn said. "This is a graveyard." Lori said. We all looked back at her, "I don't know how i feel about this." She said. "Feel grateful you weren't here when this wen't down." i said and walked away. "Alight yall, Cmon now. Look around, gather what you can." Shane said.

We started looking around for things we could use, I looked in a car and reached in and looked through it but found nothing useful. I went to another car but also found nothing. I felt hands on my shoulders and i was pushed down. "Wh-" i said looking down. "Get down. Under." He said pushing me down. I looked forward to see a huge group of walkers. "Stay down." he said and got up. I grabbed his arm. "Where are you going.!?" i asked softly. "Stay down." he repeated and took off. "Shit." i said and looked back forward to see the walkers getting closer and closer, I swallowed the lump in my throat as they started shuffling by the car i was under. I put my hands on my chest and grabbed my necklace as they walked by. I looked back to see everyone else under cars too.

A few minutes went by but it felt like hours, they went by slow. I heard a scream, the scream made my heart drop to my stomach. I looked back and saw Sophia being chanced out from under the car by two walkers, she started crying then jumped the fence. I got out quickly without hesitating and ran after her, jumping the fence too. "Katherine.!" I heard Rick's voice, I kept running though. I didn't want them to catch up to her. Rick ran too until eventually we cut her off. Rick grabbed her causing her to scream.

"Shoot them!" She said and reached for Rick's gun. "No- no!" he said stopping her. "Those walkers on the road would hear it. Then it wouldn't just be 2 it'd be hundreds." Rick said. She cried again hearing snaps. He picked her up and we took off again. They were still after us we got in a body of water. It wasn't deep. Rick set her down, "Sophia, you have to do exactly as i say. Hide in there. Squeeze in tight. We'll draw 'em away from you." He said. "No- no. Don't leave me." She said. "Sophia you have to do this. This is how we get out of this mess okay.?" i asked looking at her then back at the woods.

"Go," Rick said and she got inside. "If we don't make it back, run back to the highway, back to the others. Straight the way we came. Keep the sun on your left shoulder." Rick said and put a hand on his shoulder. They started coming, their steps got closer. "Lead 'em, i'll hide and get one from behind." he said. "Alright." he said. I went down, following the water. "Cmon!" Rick said leaving them away from Sophia. I pulled my knife out and got rid of one. "Cmon!" Rick said to the other one. I set it down on the water slowly so i couldn't draw attention. Rick looked at me backing up I pointed back and he nodded. I nodded and headed back to Sophia as he took care of the final walker. I walked got to the area we left her. "Sophia." I said and looked inside. She wasn't there, "God- no." I said and looked in deeper.

She didn't wait for us. "No." i said and got out of the water. I went to the woods and looked around. I heard a whistle and i looked over to see Daryl, Glenn and Shane. "Did you see Sophia.?!" i asked going to them. "No- what the hell happened.?" Shane asked. "We- left her there and she was- she ran off. Why would she do that.?!" i asked. "Where's Rick.?" Shane asked. "He's coming- we need to look for Sophia. She didn't wait for us." i said.

" i said