71

>>Word count; 1185<<

~Katherine's Pov~That same night at the church~

"Katherine." Carl and I looked over to Rick. "Why don't you go ahead, i need to talk to her." Rick said to Carl. Carl let go of my hand and we both stood up, he headed over to the rest. "Did Daryl tell you he was going out.? Or Carol?" he asked. I shook my head, "No, why? They're not here.?" I asked looking around. "No." He said looking at me, I looked back at him. "They said nothing to you?" He asked. "No, last time i spoke to Daryl was when i was outside. He said nothing to me, that's going on.?" I asked looking at him. "They're both missing. Sasha went out looking for Bob." he said. I shook my head, "What if Gabriel had something to do with this.?" I asked. He shook his head, "I don't know, Let's go out there. Tyreese is coming too." He said. I nodded a bit. "Alright." i said and we walked out of the church looking around.

"We need to leave." i whispered. "Not without Sasha." Tyreese whispered. "No- i mean the church. We need to leave." I whispered as we looked around. "Not just yet, we need some answers. We need to find our people." Rick said. "I know, God i knew something was wrong with that man." I said as we searched. "There." Tyreese said as we saw Sasha beating a walker on the floor. We went up to her and he grabbed her and she screamed a bit. He covered her mouth. "It's me- It's me." Tyreese said. He let her go and looked over to us. "Tyreese." She said catching her breath. "He's getting away." She said. "Who.?" We asked. "Somebody was watching us." She said looking in the distance. "If we go in there now, Some of us aren't coming back." Tyreese said.

Rick and i shined our flashlights around to see if we saw anything. "Bob is out there somewhere. Scared, alone." She said. "Maybe not alone. Daryl and Carol are missing too." Rick said. "What.?" She asked looking at me. "You didn't see Daryl- or Carol out here.?" I asked. She shook her head. "No. I came out here to talk to Bob. He said he needed some air, When i came out here he was gone. I didn't see Carol or Daryl." She said looking at me then Rick. "Let's go back, we gotta tell the others." I said looking at them all. Rick nodded taking one last look around. "Let's go." Tyreese said. We started heading back to the Church, making sure no one was following us.

We all walked in, Sasha went straight up to Father Gabriel. "Stop." She said. Rick and Tyreese stood behind her and i stood next to her. "What are you doing.?" She asked. Gabriel didn't answer, he just looked at all us confused as he took a step closer to Sasha. Sasha did the same. "What are you doing." She repeated angrily. "This is all connected, you show up. We're being watched and now three of us are gone." She said. He kept looking at her confused. "I-" he said and looked over to me then Rick. "I don't... I don't have anything to do with this." He said holding his hand out slightly. He had a fork and a spoon in his hand. Sasha pulled out her knife. "Don't!" Rosita said trying to stop her, Gabriel dropped the fork and spoon backing up from her. "We need answers." I said to Sasha. "Sasha put it away." Tyreese said. Abraham held Rosita back.

"Who's out there.?" Sasha asked. "I- I don't have anything to do with this." He said scared, he kept backing up. "Where are our people." She said getting closer to him, scared. I walked up to Sasha and put a hand on hers, "Back up.." I said softly as i looked at her. She had tears in her eyes, "I don't have anything-" she cut him off. "Where are our people!" She yelled. "Please- I don't have anything to do with this." he repeated. "Sasha back up." I said pulling her slightly. She was too upset and angry. Rick and i stepped up to him, "Why'd you bring us here.?" He asked, we weren't standing as close to him as Sasha was, she was all up in his face.

Gabriel kept his hands up in defense. "Please- I- I-" He said. "Shut up. Answer the question." i said. Rick stepped closer to him. "You working with someone.?" He asked. "I'm alone- I'm alone. I was always alone." he said getting even more scared. "What about the woman in the food bank Gabriel." Rick said stepping closer to him. "What did you do to her.? You'll burn for this. That was for you. Why.?" Rick asked. I didn't know what he was talking about but i guess it's relevant. "What are you gonna burn for Gabriel." Rick said and went after him. "What? What did you do?!" he asked holding him by this collar. I was gonna go stop him but i held myself back, we needed to know if he was a part of something. If he was the reason why our people weren't with us. "What did you do!?" Rick yelled again and pushed him away, letting him go.

Gabriel stayed silent for a while struggling to speak. "I lock the doors at night." Gabriel said looking at him. "I always lock the doors at night." He said looking at all of us. "I always lock the doors at night." He repeated as he started to cry. "I always-" he said and looked down, he looked back up at us. "They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bombed the night before and they were scared. They were looking for a safe place, A place where they felt safe. And it was so early." he said becoming upset. "It was so early. And the doors were still locked. You see, It was my choice. There were so many of them. They were trying to get in and they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on the sidings and screaming at me. And so the dead came for them." Gabriel said as he held back tears.

"Women, children. Entire families calling my name as they were torn apart. Begging for my mercy- Begging me for mercy." He cried. I walked up to Rick and held his hand, pulling him away slightly from Gabriel. He took a few steps back and i let him go, "Damning me to hell. I buried their bones. I buried it all." he said nodding."The lord sent you here to finally punish me." He said and sat down crying. "I'm damned. I was damned before. I always lock the doors." he said and cried some more. "I always lock the doors." he said falling even more to the floor as he cried out. "There's something-" We all looked back to see Glenn looking out the window. "There's some outside lying in the grass" Glenn said.