48

>>Word count; 1053<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We sent Andrea away earlier, "Hey." i looked back. Daryl walked up to me and looked over at the fence. "You ain't supposed to be out here." he said. I nodded looking at the fence too, at all the walkers. "Yeah i know." I said. He stood next to me, I looked over to him and he did the same. "What was that kiss for.?" i asked smiling at him. He smiled a bit and looked away. "Whatever you wanted it to be." He said fixing his grip on his crossbow. I smiled a bit more then looked forward. "What about yours.?" He asked looking back at me. I shrugged, "Returning the favor." i said softly and looked over at him. He nodded a bit looking at me, "Rick talked to me, You goin' with 'em on that run tomorrow?" He asked. I shrugged, "Carl wants me to go, i'm not sure yet. I might," i said.

"Let's go back inside," he said looking around, "There's no one out here," I said looking around too. "Let's just go, It's gettin' late." he said. "Okay," i said and sighed a bit. We headed back inside, I saw Carl putting his hat on quickly looking at me. I tilted my head smiling at him. I held my finger up, He shook his head smiling a little. I shook my head too and put my hand down. I walked over to him, "That doesn't count you didn't see me." He said. "Fine," i said softly and put a hand on Judith's head. Carl was standing by Rick and Hershel, Rick was holding Judith in his arms. I pulled away and headed up to my cell.

~The next day~

Rick, Carl and Michonne were getting ready for the run. They were going to Rick's town, I was holding Judith right now while they got ready. I never thought i'd see another baby.. I sat down on the stairs and looked down at her. I brushed her cheek with my thumb and smiled a bit, she was sucking on her pacifier looking up at me. "Hi mamas," I whispered a bit. She was so beautiful, her eyes were blue. During the first 6 months of a baby's life, there's a chance a baby's eye color can change. When Luna was a baby, she had blueish gray eyes but they changed as she grew. She got stuck with hazel brown eyes just like me and my siblings. One of them got stuck with green eyes from my mom's side. Looking at Judith just brought back a lot of memories i had with Luna when she was a baby. I felt a hand on my shoulder and i looked up to see Rick, He had this look on his face like he was waiting. "What?" i asked softly. "Asked if you were coming," He said and looked back down at Judith.

He put a hand on her head, "You can stay.. take care of her if you want." he said looking back at me. I looked at him, "We'll be alright if you stay," He said. I've only held her twice, this being my second time. I haven't had much time with her, i want to but then again i also wanted to go with them. "Um- No it's okay.. Carl wants me to go," i said looking back down at Judith. I stood up keeping my eyes down on her, "You alright?" He asked, I nodded slightly. "..Yeah i just- miss her.." I whispered as Judith closed her eyes. He put a hand on my back, "Whenever you wanna watch her just say the word." He said. I smiled softly and looked up at him, "Thank you." i said softly. He nodded and took his hand off my back, "You ready?" he asked. I nodded a bit, "Yeah." i said and looked over to Beth who was coming down the steps.

"Can you take her? I'm gonna be going with them." I said. She nodded and reached me, "Yeah," She said and held her arms out towards me. I handed her the baby and she adjusted her grip, "Okay," I said softly and looked at Rick, He gave me the softest smile, "Cmon." he said and we walked outside and headed over to Carl who was by the car already, "We're gonna be back late, it's pretty far." He said. "Oooh, family road trip." I said putting my hands on Carl's shoulders. "No. Michonne isn't family." He said. "Yeah but we are so.." i said and took off his hat. "One." I said. "That doesn't- count.!" he said taking the hat from my hands. I laughed a bit looking at him. "Involuntary. You can't cheat. What if took your hair tie off.?" He asked looking at me. "Hair is off limits." I said. "Hat is off limits." He said.

"It's not like you could reach anyway." i said. He tried reaching up. "Oh-!" i said dodging him. "Yeah." he said stopping. "What's this.?" Rick asked pointing at us. "It's a little game he wants to play." i said. "I count how many times i see her with her down, she counts how many times i don't have my hat on." Carl said. Rick looked at me. "Which is never, you'll never see me with my hair down." I said looking at Carl. "I almost did." he said. "Key word; almost kiddo." I said. "I don't think I've ever seen you with your hair down." Rick said looking at me, shook my head looking at him. "Nope," I said. "We ready?" We looked over to see Michonne walking over and not so far behind Daryl. "Yeah." Rick said and looked at Daryl.

"We'll be back." he said. "Yeah," Daryl said and looked at me. "I'm going," i said. He gave me a small nod, "Alright." He said. "Damn it.." Carl said. We all looked over to him, He looked at me and took off his hat, I smiled. "One," I said holding up my finger. "I'm not wearing my hat in the car." He said. "One," i repeated and flicked his hat. "I'm already winning kiddo." i said.

A/N: Fun fact; my eyes changed color too! I had them light blue when i was a baby but they changed to brown as i grew. :)

 :)