69

>>Word count; 1362<<

~Katherine's Pov~The next day~

Carol brought us our weapons back so we were had them on us now. I'm glad she did because we needed them. She took us to Judith and Tyreese, they were both okay. We taking a break now, setting up for the night. We were far away from Terminus now. I'm glad we all got out of there, who knows what would've happened. I felt a hand on my knee. I opened my eyes and tried backing up, "Relax." I looked over to see Daryl, I was sitting against a tree with my head resting on it. "Sorry." I said softly and looked at him. He nodded a bit and sat down next to me. "Why do you get scared when i wake up?" he asked. I shrugged, "Because we're out here.. I don't know what's grabbing me, duh." I said softly. "We're all here, nothin's gonna get you." He said. I nodded a bit, "You alright?" he asked. I nodded a bit, "Tired," i said. He reached out and held my hand, I smiled a bit looking at our hands. "Wow," I whispered and looked back at him again. "I guess you really did miss me huh? You broke your personal space bubble." I said softly, smiling at him.

"You were always invading it, never could stop you." he said. I smiled a bit more. He smiled the slightest and looked back down.  "I did miss you." he said, We looked at each again and i sighed a bit, "I didn't think i'd find you.. I thought i'd never see you again." I said softly. "Me neither, but we did." he said looking at our hands. He bit the insides of his cheeks, "And here we are." he said. I nodded a bit and looked at him. "I really missed you, Daryl.." I whispered furrowing my eyebrows a bit. He looked over to me, ".. a lot.." I whispered as i stopped furrowing my eyebrows. He rested his head on the tree again looking at me. "I know," he said. I smiled a bit and looked away from him. I scooted closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He looked down at me unsure of what to do. I closed my eyes and brought my legs up to my chest, He sort of hugged my legs still holding my hand.

Our arms were resting in between my legs and my stomach. (I hope you guys know what i mean). "Are you gonna go on watch..?" i asked. He shook his head, "Nah, i just got back. Rick's gonna take it. Go to sleep.." he said resting his head on the tree again, He let go of my hand and put his hand on my thigh, moving his thumb a bit. "You're not tired?" i asked. "Nah, you sleep. I'll sleep later." He said. I got comfortable on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "Do you still feel sick..?" He asked. "I get headaches sometimes but that's it." I said. "You sure?" He asked. I nodded, "I'm okay." I said opening my eyes.

"If you do feel bad tell us, we'll stop." He said. I smiled a bit, "okay," i said softly. It was silent for a few seconds, i was starting to fall asleep but i heard his voice causing me to wake up again. "..As soon as i saw your necklace.." he said softly. "I knew something was off.. You never take it off.." he said. "Observant huh..?" i whispered. "Your necklace stood out. I knew it was yours when i saw it." he said. I closed my eyes looking at him. He looked at me too, I leaned in and kissed him, just a little peck on the lips. " Thank you," i said softly. He gave me a little nod, biting the inside of his cheeks. "..Alright, go to sleep.." He said letting go of my hand, he started moving his thumb against my thigh. "You're cute when you're shy.." i said. "Go to sleep." he said looking away. I giggled a bit and rested my head on his shoulder. "Shut up.." he said smiling a little as he looked around.

~The next day~

"Help!" we heard a voice. We slowed down and looked over in the direction the screams were coming from. "Help! Anybody help!" The man's voice called out. Rick held his hand up, stopping us. "Dad cmon." Carl said, I looked at him then Rick. We heard the man scream and we also heard walkers. "Cmon." Carl said trying to go. "Cmon!" He repeated. "Anyone help!" The man's voice called out. We took off running. "Help! Help!" We heard the man's voice as we ran. Once we got there we saw a man on a boulder, some walkers tried to get at him. We took out the walkers trying to get at him. "We're clear, keep watch." Rick said. I wiped my knife off on one of the walkers then put it away. "Come on down." Rick said. The man- he looked like he was a priest, a father by the the outfit he was wearing. He hesitantly looked down to check if the walkers were gone, he was shaking. It looked like he's never been around walkers before which was weird.

Everyone had to come across some at some point, maybe he just didn't get use to them?? i don't know. Once he saw it was clear he jumped down, he was struggling to stand still. He looked at all of us with this look in his eyes. I looked at him confused. "You okay.?" Rick asked. The man held up a finger then threw up. We all looked away from him, i mean it looked like all he threw up was water, it was just clear. Daryl scratched his head looking at the man throwing up. "Sorry." he said. We looked back at him. "Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel." He said looking at us. "Do you have any weapons on you.?" Rick asked. Gabriel laughed a bit looking at us, thinking it was a joke. "Do i look like i would have any weapons.?" He asked. "We don't give two short and curlies what you look like." Abraham said. "I have no weapons of any kind. The word of God is the only protection i need." He said.

"Sure didn't look like it." Daryl said. "I called for help, Help came." Gabriel said smiling at all of us then getting serious again. We didn't say anything. "Do you have- have any food.? What ever i had left, it just hit the ground." He said. "I got some pecans.." Carl said and held his hand out towards Gabriel. He took them from Carl, "Thank you." he said and looked back once he heard Judith. "That's a beautiful child." He said. "Don't even look at her." I said looking at him. He looked over to me. I kept looking at him too, he got uncomfortable and looked over to Rick. "Do you have a camp?" He asked. "No. Do you.?" Rick said right after he finished his sentence. "I have a church." he said.

"Hold your hands above your head." Rick said annoyed, Gabriel did just that and Rick patted him down checking for weapons. "How many walkers have you killed.?" Rick asked, "Not any actually." He said, Rick turned him around and continued patting him down. "How many people have you killed.?" He asked. "None." Gabriel said. "Why." Rick said as he stopped patting him down. "Because the Lord abhors violence." He said. I scoffed a bit and shook my head looking down, He's hiding something. No one's gone this far without answering those questions like he did. "What have you done.?" Rick asked looking at him, not believing him either. He looked at all of us with his look on his face. "We've all done something." Rick said. I looked back at him. "I'm a sinner. I sin almost every day. But those sins i confess them to God, not strangers." He said looking at Rick. "You said you had a church.?" Michonne asked.

?" Michonne asked