97

>>Word count; 1262<<

~Katherine's Pov~

I really didn't understand why Jesus wasn't the leader of this place.. From what i've seen, he's a thousand times better at controlling things and way more of a leader than Gregory is. And that's on just watching their demeanor these last couple of hours. "Dr. Carson was able to patch Gregory up. He's in pain but he'll live." Jesus said. We were in Gregory's office talking, "So what happens now?" Michonne asked. "Things like that don't usually happen here, but uh, it's settled." He said.

"Who's Negan.?" i asked looking at him. He looked over to me. "A while back, Daryl and Abraham had a run-in with his men. Who is he." Rick asked. Jesus looked over at him, "Negan's the head of a group of people he calls the saviors. As soon as the walls were built, the Saviors showed up. They met with Gregory on behalf of their boss. They made a lot of demands, even more threats. And he killed one of us, Rory. He was 16 years old." He said.

I looked away slightly. This guy had a kid killed.?

"They beat him to death right in front of us." Jesus said. How could someone do that..? Kill a kid..? I looked down at the floor in shock, I didn't know this kid but still. He was a kid. He didn't deserve that.. "Said we needed to understand, right off the bat." Jesus said, the whole mood in the room changed. "Gregory's not exactly good at confrontation. He's not the leader I would've chosen but he helped make this place what it is and the people like him." Jesus said, I sighed a bit and looked back up at him as he spoke. "He made the deal." Maggie said. "Half of everything. Our supplies, our crops, our livestock, it goes to the Saviors." He said.

"And what do you get in return?" Glenn asked. "They don't attack this place, they don't kill us." He said. I scoffed a bit. "God.." I whispered looking out the window. I hated this guy already. "Why not just kill them.?" Daryl asked. "Most of the people here don't even know how to fight, even if we had ammo." Jesus said. "Well, how many people does Negan have?" Rick asked, I looked back at them and put my hands in my butt pockets. "I don't know, we've seen groups as big as 20." He said looking at Rick. "Now hold up. So they show up, kill a kid, and you give 'em half of everything.? These dicks just got a good story. The bogeyman, he ain't shit." Daryl said walking closer to him and Rick.

"Well how do you know?" Jesus asked looking at him. "A month a go, we took his guys out PDQ. Left them in pieces and puddles." Abraham said. "You know, we'll do it." Daryl said, We all looked at him. "If we go get your man back, kill Negan, take out his boys. Will you hook us up? We want food, medicine and one of them cows." Daryl said. I smiled a bit at him, Jesus looked at me then over at Rick. "Confrontation's never been something we've had trouble with." Rick said looking at him. Jesus stayed silent for a few seconds. "I'll take it to Gregory." Jesus said.

~~~

Maggie was in the room with Gregory talking to him about the plan. I was outside sitting at the steps watching the people burn Ethan's body. I wasn't anywhere close to them but I was still watching. The door opened and I looked over to see Glenn. "Hey." he said. "Hey, she done yet?" I asked as he closed the door behind him. "No she's still up there." he said and sat down next to me, looking over at the rest buring the body too. "You just walked out after, Wanted to see if you were okay." He said. I shrugged a bit looking over to him. "Yeah i'm good," I said as he looked over to me.

"I just can't believe someone could beat a kid to death like that in front of all these people." i said shaking my head, He nodded a bit. "Yeah I know." he said. I smiled slightly. "On a lighter note.." I said looking at him. "If you ever need help with your kid, i'm here." I said. He smiled a bit at me. "Thanks." he said. I nodded, "It's a lot of work for first time parents, you're gonna be waking up at all hours of the night to crying.." I giggled. "Yeah i'm not ready for that.." he said smiling.

I shook my head, "No one is.. But Maggie's gonna be an amazing mother. You're going to be such an amazing father Glenn.. " I said softly, He put a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah you teach me everything you know alright..?" he chuckled a bit. I laughed a bit and smiled. "Hell yeah I will." I said as he rubbed my shoulder a bit. "Good, Because i've never taken care of babies." He said as he pulled away. "You'll do good, plus Maggie's not alone in this. You two will be okay." I said softly. He nodded a bit.

"Good to know I can count on you." he said. "Alway.. On anything. You're my brother.." I said. He smiled at me. I returned it and he pulled me in for a side hug, "Crazy to think i'm gonna be a dad.." he said. I smiled and hugged him back. "It's an amazing feeling, no other feeling will beat it once you're holding your baby in your arms." I said as we pulled away. We looked around again, at this place. "I was just thinking when Jesus was talking about that kid. About Luna," I said. "Hm," he said looking at me.

"She would've been around 15," i said looking at him. He nodded a bit, "Yeah.." he said softly. I shrugged a bit and looked down, nodding. Carl's around 17 years old right now. It's just insane, I don't know how it would be if Luna was with me. The doors opened again and we looked over to see Maggie, Rick and Jesus. We stood up and looked at them. "How'd it go?" I asked. Maggie gave me a smile. "Half of everything." She said. "Damn girl." I said high fiving her. "Hell yeah." I said looking at Rick. "She did good." he said.

~~

We were in the RV, heading back to Alexandria. We had food and other things we needed here with us, we were gonna have to figure out a way to take down Negan and his people so we brought back the guy that was with Ethan and that other woman so he'd help us. Michonne passed Daryl the Ultrasound picture of Maggie's baby. He took it and looked at it for a few seconds, biting the inside of his cheek. He was holding back a smile, I knew he was. He looked at Glenn then back at me, passing the picture to me. I held it and looked at it.

The baby was tiny but you were able to see it clearly. I smiled as I looked at it. Ugh i can't even explain how happy i was for them.. And i'm not lying when i said i'd help them with anything they needed. I looked at Glenn and Maggie with a smile. They both returned it, I handed the picture over to Abraham and rested my head on Daryl's shoulder as Rick drove us back to Alexandria.

A/N: I'm happy to be back

A/N: I'm happy to be back. 🥺❤️