49

>>Word count; 1149<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We arrived at the town, had some complications on the way here though. The car got stuck but we took care of it, we were here now. Rick's station was cleared, there were no weapons except a single bullet for his gun. We were in town now but there was this mess in the middle of the road, it was like blocking us from going any further. There were sharp sticks pointing out of objects. "What is It.?" Michonne asked as we pulled out our weapons just in case. "I don't know." Rick said. We walked up further to it, there was writing everywhere. One read 'JUST LISTEN' and the other on the floor read 'TURN AROUND AND LIVE'. We kept walking though, past all these things.. There were animals in cages like rats in pigeons.

"It looks like someone's already made this theirs." Michonne said as we walked. "Doesn't mean they found what we're looking for. Couple of the places are just up ahead. Let's get in and get the hell out of here." Rick said as we walked. "Pretty town.." I said looking around. It looked nice it's just a mess now.. "It was." Rick said and we walked forward some more. "There. Tyrell's, A shotgun and two hand guns. License issued to Tyrell Debbs." Rick said. Carl stopped us and we looked back to see a walker coming out way, Michonne started heading over to it, pulling out her sword.

"Wait, she'll get caught." Rick said, and she did. Suddenly a gunshot went off and the walker went down. "Hands!" A man on the roof said. he was completely covered, we couldn't see his face. We raised out hands, we still had our guns in our hands. "Now you drop what you got and you go! Your guns, you shoes and that sword!" he said. "My shoes.??" I whispered. "All of it. 10 seconds.!" he said pointing his gun at us. "Carl run for the car now." Rick said. "10." The man said. "Dad." Carl said. "We need that rifle." Michonne said. "9, 8." the man said counting down. "I think i can get up there." Michonne said. "Do it." I said looking at the man. "7, 6." The man counted, "Carl go." Rick said and fired. I did too and we took cover. The man took his shot to us too. I took a few more shots at him but be backed off. We saw Michonne up on the roof confused. More fire went off and we realized he was down here with us now.

Carl came out and shot him, the man went down. We went over to them. "You okay..?" Rick asked. Carl kept looking at the body and nodded a bit. ".. Yeah." he said. I put a hand on his back then looked at the man, "He's still breathing," i said. He wasn't bleeding either, he must be wearing a vest. "I told you to run for the car. I didn't want you to have to do that." Rick said. I bent down and took the man's gun, wrapping the strap around myself like i would a bag. "I had to." Carl said. I unbuttoned the man's shirt to see that he was wearing a vest. Rick put a hand on my shoulder and gestured me to move away. I stood up and walked over the man's body. He undid the west and pulled up his shirt to reveal a huge bruise. "He's alive." Rick said. "Do we care.?" Michonne asked.

Rick reached up and pulled the man's mask off. He didn't say anything for a few seconds. "..Yeah." Rick said.

~~

We were in the building he came out of, Rick said his name was Morgan and he was the one who saved him when he first came out of the hospital. We brought him in here, Michonne, Carl and I were getting boxes of bullets and things that we needed. He had a bunch of guns of all kinds. Even a crossbow of all things. "No." Rick said, We stopped and looked up at him, he was holding a radio in his hands. "We're gonna wait for him to wake up. Make sure he's okay." Rick said looking at us. "He tried to kill us." Michonne said. "He told us to go. He didn't know who we were." Rick said. "He tried to kill us and we didn't leave him for the walkers. He's had a good day. He doesn't need half of these guns. We do." she said. "We're waiting for him to wake up. That's it." Rick said and looked away from her.

I sighed a bit and looked around, there was writing all over these walls, some were repetitive and some weren't. "By the looks of it i think he's lost it Grimes." i said pointing at the walls. "The axe, the spikes." Michonne said siding with me. I looked back at Rick. "I know him." He said looking at me, "You knew him. He's gone through some shit. Look around you," i said, He looked down a bit with his eyes than back at me. "We're gonna wait for him to wake up." he said again. I sighed the slightest and nodded. "Fine," i said softly. He walked back to Morgan and zip-tied his hands together.

Michonne walked over and grabbed some bags off snacks. "What do you see?" Rick asked walking over to the other room, I looked over to see Carl looking at this drawing of a map. "Katherine," Michonne said, I looked over to her. She was holding up a bag a bag of chips. "Hm," i said looking at it. "It's our neighborhood. It's gone," Carl said. Michonne held it out towards me, offering me it. "Eh what the hell." i said nodding. She tossed it to me, i caught it and she grabbed one for herself. We opened them and sat down next to each other looking at Rick and Carl. "Is that why you wanted to come? To see the house?" Rick asked. I took a chip in my mouth. I nodded a bit and looked at her, she looked at me too. "Not bad." i said, She shrugged. "Yeah, They could me better though." she said. "Mm," I said shrugging too and looking back at Rick and Carl. I took another one in my mouth.

"Carl." Rick said after he didn't answer. "I just wanted to come." Carl said. Michonne took another chip in her mouth. Rick looked down then back at us. I laughed a bit at the look on his face then covered my mouth. "We're eating his food now.?" He asked. Michonne shrugged as i ate another one. "Mat said Welcome." She said.

" She said