56

>>Word count; 1013<<

~Katherine's Pov~Time lapse~

It's been a few months since we brought the people from Woodbury to live with us. It's been going good honestly, it was nice to have more people here. It was weird at first because we haven't been around this many people in a long time- since this all happened. But we got use to it, this place grew. "Whoa 10!" I turned around to see Carl. I scoffed. "No, you 10." I said looking at him. "No, I saw you first." he said reaching me. "Which means, i win." He said. I sighed and looked up groaning a bit. "You're the one who agreed to this game," he said laughing a bit. I looked back at him and put my hair up in a bun, "But i took a shower- that doesn't count my hair is wet i need to let it dry." I said. "Is your hair up or down.?" He asked looking at me. I clicked my tongue. "Shut up.!" I said shaking my head. "Down. So.." he said and put his hands in his pockets smiling. "You owe me something." He said. I touched my hair, it was kinda damp. It wasn't that wet anymore.

"I expect it by the end of the day." He said. I gasped laughing a bit.  "Bossy Grimes." i said. "Loser." He said holding an L up with his fingers. I took a step closed to him and put my hand on his head starting to mess up his hair. "Hey!- Okay!" he said trying to get away. I laughed and he grabbed my arms. "Okay!- Kat- okay." He laughed too and pulled away. "Wow, good look for you." I said as he fixed his hair quickly. "I like it." I said. "Tonight. Or you owe me double next time. Don't touch my hair." He said fixing it. "Don't 'L' me." I said crossing my arms. "I'll 'L' you all the times you lose so get use to it. Katherine." he said. "Oh- oh so you think you can say my name like that.?" I asked. He smiled at me and backed away, "Carl." I said it in the came tone. "Katherine." He repeated. I shook my head and put my hair up in a bun. "We start again tomorrow." He said. "Fine." I said. "Fine." he said and smiled again.

He turned around and walked over to Rick who was down by the animals. I walked over to the rest who were eating, I walked up to Carol and Daryl. "Uh- Mr. Dixon." Patrick said, he was one of the kids here. "I just wanted to thank you for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was a real treat sir. And I'd be honored to shake your hand." He said holding out his hand towards Daryl. I giggled a bit and Daryl looked back at me, he sighed and liked his fingers. I raised an eyebrow looking at him, crossing my arms. He looked back at Patrick and shook his hand. They let go, "You too, i wanna show you guys something." Carol said smiling at me. Daryl and I followed her. "So, Mr. Dixon." I said. "You're the only one that can call me that. Sounds weird coming from another person." He said.

I laughed a bit, "Okay." I said looking at him. He smiled a bit and shook his head looking back down at his plate. He ate some more. "Was that necessary.?" I asked. "What." he said with his mouth full. "Did you have to lick your fingers.?" i asked. "No." He said and looked at me. "You want me to wipe my fingers off on you.?" he asked reaching out towards me. "Whoa-! No." I said holding his hand. "Mhm." He smiled, i did too and let him go. "Nasty." I whispered. "Never." he said and held the plate out towards me. I took some food off his plate and we walked. Daryl and I were at that stage of- whatever this was.. Where we're goofing around a lot with each other. Making each other laugh, i liked it. It was fun. He grabbed his jacket and vest, putting it on.

We followed Carol to the entrance of this area we were in. "About to day, i don't know if we're gonna be able to spare a lot of people for the run." Carol said as we walked. "That place is good to go. We're gonna move on it." Daryl said still eating. "Yeah.." She said and we stopped walking to see there were two big groups of walkers coming up to the fences. There were people out there taking the ones that were pushing up against the fence. "We had a pretty big buildup overnight. Dozens more towards tower 3, it's getting as bad as last month. They don't spread out anymore." She said. "With more of us sitting here, we're drawing more of them out. You get enough of those damn fence clingers, they start to herd up." Daryl said.

"Pushing against the fences again. It's manageable, but it's unless we get ahead of it, not for long. Sorry Pookie." Carol said. I gasped and looked at Carol. "Yes Carol coming in with the nickname." I said hugging her form the side, i wrapped my arms around her shoulders, she put her hands on my arms in ways holding me back too. "Now we can gang up on him. I call him care bare to piss him off." I whispered. She laughed a bit, Daryl scoffed and nudged us then walked away from us. Carol and I let go of each other,  "Oops.. i think we embarrassed him." I said as we watched him walk away, He looked back at us then looked away. She nodded, "Yeah." She smiled and looked back. I looked back at the walkers too. "What's Rick got to say about it.?" i asked looking at her, She shrugged, "Don't know, hasn't said anything about it." She said. I nodded a bit, "I'll talk to him." I said.