79

>>Word count; 1284<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We came to the barn, there was only one walker in here but the rest was clean. Nothing was in here so we were gonna stay here until the storm passes over. It was still raining pretty hard outside, thunder and lightning was going off, some people were sleeping. The only ones up were Carol, Glenn, Michonne, Rick, Daryl, Abraham, Sasha and myself. Abraham and Sasha weren't at the fire with us though. Daryl tossed another stick to the floor frustrated, "I'll try," Glenn said as Daryl sat back down.

I was sitting by the wall over with Carl, Carl was holding Judith as he slept. He's barely let her go but it's okay, he's a good brother, he takes good care of her. I moved some strands away from Carl's face and rested my hand on his shoulder. "Nah they're too wet." Daryl said. There was a pause, "He's gonna be okay." Carol said, I looked over to see Rick looking at Carl as he slept. He looked at me then over at Carol.

(Just a heads up you guys can skip this paragraph if you don't like all the talking :) Ik some people don't like it when it's just talking)

"He bounces back. More than us." She said. "I used to feel sorry for kids that have to grow up now. In this.. But I think I got it wrong. Growing up is getting used to the world. This is easier for them." Rick said. I rested my head on the wall behind me and looked in the distance, there was some moonlight shining in here, giving us some light. "This isn't the world. This isn't it." Michonne said. "It might be.. It might." Glenn said. "That's giving up." Michonne said, "It's reality." Glenn responded. "Until we see otherwise, this is what we have to live with." Rick said looking at all of us. There was another pause, "When i was a kid, I asked my grandpa once if he ever killed any Germans in the war. He wouldn't answer." he said. I closed my eyes and listened to Rick talk. "He said that was grownup stuff so.. So I asked if the Germans ever tried to kill him. But he got real quiet. He said he was dead the minute he stepped into enemy territory. Every day he woke up and told himself Rest in Peace, now get up and go to war. And then after a few years of pretending he was dead, He made it out alive. And that's the trick of it I think." Rick said. I opened my eyes but didn't look over to them. "We do what we need to do and then we get to live. But no matter what we find in DC, I know we'll be okay. Because this is how we survive. We tell ourselves that we are the walking dead." he said looking at all of us. "We ain't them." Daryl said and sat up a bit, getting on one knee and looking at the fire, he broke a few more sticks. "We're not them." Rick said looking at him, Daryl kept looking at the fire, "Hey," he said. Daryl looked over to him. "We're not." He said. Daryl stood up. "We ain't them." He said and walked away, heading over to the entrance with his crossbow.

(talking ends here)

~The next day~

Last night got crazy, there were walkers trying to get in the barn. Way too many, we were able to stop them, honestly the wind wasn't helping us. It was hard but we were able to keep the doors shut, everyone came to help until it calmed down. I felt a hand on my arm, I opened my eyes and looked over to see Daryl looking down at me. ".. It better be important because I need my beauty sleep.." I said sleepily and rested my head back down. He scoffed. "You don't need it." he said laying down next to me, he looked up at the ceiling. He seemed to be doing better, I mean he was talking to me so i guess he managed on his own to get that release he needed.

I turned to him so my back wasn't facing him any more, He looked at me. "Are you okay..?" I asked softly. He gave me a nod, "Yeah.." he said and looked back up at the ceiling, biting the inside of his cheeks. "I'm sorry.." he mumbled, "Hm? What? Repeat it I didn't- I didn't quite catch that." I said scooting closer to him still lying down. He looked over to me and I put a hand on my ear, cupping it. "Hm?" I asked again and looked at his arm. He nudged my leg with his leg with a slight smile. I returned the small smile, "I'm serious.." He said. I nodded a bit and closed my eyes. "Yeah you better be.." I said, lying on my side still facing him. I closed my eyes.

I felt him kiss me. I raised an eyebrow, kinda shocked he made the first move this time, But i kissed him back. He pulled away and I opened my eyes. "So you're serious serious.." I whispered nodding as I looked at him. "I am.." he said looking at me. I nodded a bit. ".. Good.." I whispered and leaned in again to kiss him. He kissed me back and we pulled away. "Well now i'm not tired.." I giggled. He smiled a bit and looked back up at the ceiling. "I am," He said. "Go to sleep then, i know you haven't." I said.

~Later on that same day~

Sasha and Maggie brought back this guy to the barn, his name is Aaron. He said he had a community he wanted to take us to and he's been watching us for a while, he knows all our names.. He's the one who left the water for us, he said he had some cars a few miles away but Rick wasn't buying any word coming out of this man's mouth. "Why don't i go check out the cars..?" I asked. "I'll go with you, I'm curious." Michonne said. "There aren't any cars." Rick said looking at me. I think he was telling the truth, I mean by the looks of this guys he was living good. He was clean shaven, his clothes were clean, Even looks like he's gotten a haircut. "There's only one way to find out." Michonne said, "We don't need to find out." Rick said. "We do." Michonne and I said at the same time. "You know what you know and you're sure of it, But i'm not." Michonne said walking up to Rick.

"Me neither," Maggie said. "Your way is dangerous, mine isn't." Rick said. "Look at what we've been through these last few weeks Rick. Open your eyes." i said. He looked over to me, "If he's telling the truth, we can't pass up this opportunity." i said looking at him. "We can handle ourselves, so that's what we're gonna do." Michonne said. "Then i will too. I'll go." Glenn said. "We'll take a small group," I said and looked at Abraham. "So Ford, you down for a mission?" I asked looking at him. "You got me," He said grabbing his gun.

I looked at Rosita. "Vamos?" Let's go? I asked raising an eyebrow. She nodded. "Vamos." Let's go. She said grabbing her gun. "If there's any trouble, you got enough firepower?" Rick asked looking at Glenn. "We got what we got." He said, He handed him Aaron's gun. "Walkies are out of juice, you're not back in 60 minutes we'll come. Which might be just what they want." Rick said. We started heading outside. "Katherine." I turned back to Daryl. I stopped and he caught up. "Be careful," he said, I gave him a little nod, "Always." i said patting his chest gently. I pecked his lips and I started walking with my group to check out the cars.