25

>>Word count; 1118<<

~Katherine's Pov~

Shane was keeping watch at the barn, "I need you to be in charge while i'm gone." Rick said walking up to me, "You going out again.?" i asked. He nodded. "Yeah, Andrea's coming with me," He said. "Let me go with you." i said. He shook his head looking around, "No, i need you to stay." He said looking back at me. "I need you here. Shane's off, he's not thinking right. I'd feel better if i knew you were the one looking over things," he asked. I sighed a bit and nodded. "Alright." I said softly. "Thank you." he said. I nodded a bit, "Of course." I said. He gave me a nod then walked away.

~Later on that same day~

"Do you know what's going on.?" T-dog asked walking up to us. "Whoa i thought you were going out with Rick." i said looking at Andrea. "Went off with Hershel. We were supposed to leave a couple hours ago." Andrea said. "Yeah you were." We looked over to see Daryl walking up to us with Carol. We were all at the house just hanging at the porch. "What the hell." He said. "Rick told us he was going out." Carol said. "Damn it. Isn't anybody taking this seriously.?" Daryl asked looking at us.  "We got us a damn trail." he said and turned around. "Oh, here we go." he said as Shane walked up to us with the bag of guns. "What's all this.?" he asked looking at Shane.

"You with me man.?" Shane asked holding a gun out towards Daryl. He took the gun and pulled out another one. He held it out towards me and i took it, I check the ammo in my gun. It was full, "Time to grow up." he said walking over to the rest. "You already got yours.?" he asked looking at Andrea, "Yeah, where's Dale.?" She asked. "He's on his way." he said and handed T-dog his gun too. "Thought we couldn't carry." He said. "We can't." i said looking at Shane. "We can and we have to." Shane said and looked at the rest, they stepped down from the porch. "Look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe. But now we know it ain't." He said and pulled out another shot gun.

"How about you man.?" he asked and held it out towards him. "You gonna protect yours.?" he asked. Earlier today, i saw him and Maggie kissing, i mean i was happy for him but i don't know how Hershel's gonna feel about this. Glenn looked at Maggie then back at Shane, taking the gun. "That's it," he said and looked at Maggie. "Can you shoot.?" he asked. "Can you stop.? You do this, you hand out these guns, my dad will make you leave tonight." She said. "We have to stay Shane." Carl said. "Look- we need to talk to Rick first alright.? We need him here." i said. "What is this.?" Lori asked coming down the steps. "We ain't going anywhere okay.?" he asked setting the bag of guns down. Carl stepped down to us, Shane looked at me.

"Hershel, he's just gotta understand. He's gonna have to." he said and pulled out another gun. He walked up to Carl and got down to his level. "Now we need to find Sophia. Am i right?" He asked. Carl looked at Shane without speaking. "Huh? No i want you to take this. You take it Carl and you keep your mother Safe. You do whatever it takes. You know how. Go on take the gun and do it." He said. Lori stepped down and stood in front of Carl. "Rick said no guns. This is not your call. This is not your decision to make." She said looking down at him. "Oh shit." T-dog said. We went over to see Rick, Jimmy and Hershel. "What the hell.?" i asked confused, Hershel and Rick had these snare poles on the walkers and they were leading them in here.

"What is that.?" Shane said and ran past us. We followed him. "What is that.!?" he asked again as we ran. "Shane!" Lori called out. We reached them. "What the hell are you doing?!" Shane asked as we got to them. "Shane just back off." Rick said. "What are you doing.?" I asked. "Why do your people have guns.?" Hershel asked. "Are you kidding me? You see?! You see what you're holding on to.?!" Shane yelled. I held my gun pointing it at the floor. "I see who i'm  holding on to!" Hershel said correcting Shane. "Nah man you don't." Shane said. I looked over to Glenn and he looked at me worried. I shook my head and looked back at Rick.

"Shane just let us do this and then we can talk." Rick said leading the walker. "Rick this is insane.!" I said looking at him then the walker he was holding. "What you wanna talk about Rick?! These things ain't sick. They're not people.! They're dead. Ain't gonna feel nothing for them cause all they do, they kill.! These things right here, They're the ones that killed Amy! They killed Otis! They're gonna kill all of us." Shane said. "Shane shut up!" Rick called out. Daryl pointed his gun at the walker Rick was holding on to. "Hey Hershel man, let me ask you something." he said pulling out his gun and taking the safety off. "Could a living, breathing person walk away from this.?" He asked and shot the walker Hershel was holding on to 3 times. "No! Stop it!" Rick yelled.

"That's 3 rounds in the chest! Could someone who's alive, could they just take that?!" Shane yelled. I know he was just trying to make Hershel see reality but this wasn't gonna end well for us. I already knew it, "Why is it still coming?!" he asked and pulled the trigger 2 more times. "That's it's heart, it's lungs. Why is it still coming!?" he yelled and shot it again. "Shane enough!" Rick yelled. "Yeah you're right man. That is enough." He said walking up to the walker and shooting it.

Hershel fell to his knees as the walker fell too. "Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone!" he yelled and looked over to Daryl and Carol. "Enough living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us. Enough. Rick it ain't what it was before. Now if y'all wanna live. If ya'll wanna survive. You gotta fight for it. I'm talking about fighting right there, right now.!" he yelled and ran towards the doors.

!" he yelled and ran towards the doors