93

>>Word count; 1065<<

A/N; In the original book, i had Katherine be in Alexandria when the 'wolves' came. I was half way through writing that scene where Katherine was talking with Daryl over the walkie when I went back to the original book to see what i did. I realized i placed her with the others this time haha. I hope you guys found it interesting though! I feel like it was better having her with the group out there than at Alexandria :)

~Katherine's Pov~

Denise just finished patching me up, "Hey." We looked over to see Rosita. "Hey," I said smiling at her. "How're you feeling?" she asked. I nodded, "I'm alright, bullet went through back there." I said. She gave me a nod, "That's good.. I brought you some clothes. Figured you'd need them, I brought you a bra too. I invaded your privacy." she said. I giggled, "I don't care." I said. "Alright." I said. "Alright, Careful when you're changing." Denise said, "Thank you." i said and she walked out, closing the door to the room. "Okay you're gonna have to help me. Next level.. Friendship." I said as she helped me take off my shirt.

"Alright," She said putting my shirt in the trash. I turned around so my back was facing her. She unclipped my bra, "Ooohh." I said. "Callate." Shut up. She said laughing a bit, I laughed a bit too. "I'm just kidding," I said as i put my strap over my arm, "Ow-." I said and slowed down. I put the other strap on, She clipped it for me. "Do you want me to loosen this strap a little.? Para que no te lastime." So it won't hurt you. She said. "No it's fine." I said. "Alright, here." She said and helped me with the shirt.

It was a button up shirt so i won't have to raise my arm. "Thank you," I said and started buttoning up my shirt. "You're welcome." She said putting the bra in a bag. "I'll wash it for you.." She laughed a bit. I laughed a bit moving my shoulder a bit then turning around to face her again. She looked at me. "What happened though?" She asked as I sat down on the bed, "I was with Rick in the RV.. Some guy came in with a gun. I killed 1 of them, Rick killed the others.." I said. There was a knock on the door. "Yeah," I said. The door opened to reveal Carl and Rick. "I'll see you later," Rosita said, I nodded, "Thanks." I said smiling at her, "Yeah," She said smiling back at me. She walked out.

"Are you okay.?" Carl asked coming up to me, I nodded. "I'm okay." I said he hugged me, I hugged him back and rubbed his back with my hand. We pulled away and I looked at Rick. "How's everyone holding up.?" I asked as I looked at him, "They're scared." He said, I nodded a bit. "Yeah," I said softly. Carl sat down next to me. "What're we gonna do..?" I asked looking at him. He shook his head, "We'll think of something.. For now we're just keeping this place quiet at night." He said. I nodded a bit, "Alright," I said softly as I looked at him then over at Carl, he was looking at my arm. I held his hand and he looked at me.

I kissed his cheek and moved my thumb against his hand, "I'm good." I said. He nodded a bit, "I know," He said, "Then why do you have that look on your face.?" I asked. "Because i'm glad they missed your head." He said, I raised an eyebrow. "Jesus kid.." I said shaking my head, "..Yeah me too." I said. "We'll have lookouts at night," Rick said. I looked over to him and nodded letting go of Carl's hand, "Walkers are gonna keep people out.. At least there's that." I said, "They're there for the others. They'll be back"." He said. I nodded a bit looking at him. "They haven't radioed back.." I said. "Yeah I know.. They'll be back." Rick said. I stood up and walked, They followed. "Shouldn't you-" Carl said as they caught up to me.

"What?" i asked as we walked outside. "Sleep? Rest." He said. I smiled a bit and looked back at him, "I'm fine.. I just wanna see the shit storm we bought over..." I said as we walked. I pulled my hair tie off and grabbed Carl's hat, "I'm gonna need this though.." i said putting it on my head. "You do realize you just gave me a free point, right..?" He said as i fixed my hair. "You do realize you're not wearing your hat either, right?" i asked. "But you-" I cut him off and gasped looking at him. "We're tied." I said pretending to be shocked.

"Unless you want it back and I pass out from blood loss and heat stroke." I said. He shook his head. "No.." he said. I smiled a bit and held up 4 fingers. "Last point Mini Grimes." I said wiggling my fingers. "Last point." I repeated and put my hand down. "Fine, i'm still gonna win though." He said as we walked. "I admire your confidence kiddo, I do.. But, i'm gonna win." I said. He scoffed. "Yeah right.." he said. I smiled and looked at Rick, He was already smiling.

~Later on that same night~

I was sitting outside my 'house', with my walkie right next to me just hoping to hear either Sasha, Abraham, Glenn or Daryl come through.. It was pretty late but I couldn't sleep, I tried to but I just couldn't. This is what I was afraid of..

Something going wrong.

They should've been back by now but they're not. Maggie and I talked earlier today, she told me she was pregnant. I'm happy for her, and for Glenn. "Can't sleep huh?" I looked over to see Rosita walking up to me. I shook my head, "Nope.." I said softly. "I don't think i'm gonna sleep either." She said coming up to me, I grabbed the walkie and placed it down on my right. She sat down next to me. "You just get off?" I asked. She nodded, "Yeah, Spencer took over. It's a mess." She said, I nodded a bit, "Yeah I know." i said softly, it was so quiet, We could kind of hear the walkers. Hitting the fences, growling. "They should've been back by now.." I said looking at her. She nodded a bit looking down, "Yeah i know." She said softly. I sighed looking down as well. "I'm glad you're in here and not out there." She said looking back at me, I looked at her too and smiled, "Yeah me too.." I said softly. "They'll be back.. They have to be." She said.