21

>>Word count; 1072<<

~Katherine's Pov~

The people were in the room working on Carl. I walked to the kitchen and looked for a bowl, looking for- anything that can hold water. "What're you doing.?" I looked back to see a blonde girl. "A bowl." i said as i kept searching. She walked in further and opened a cabinet, she handed me a bowl and i filled it up half way with water then grabbed a rag from the sink. I walked over to Rick and Shane who were sitting in the living room. Rick kept looking a this his hands which were covered in blood. I put the bowl down on the table next to him and pulled up a chair. "Why'd i let him come with us.?" He asked.

I sat down, put the rag in the water letting it soak then took off Rick's watch and placed it down on my lap. "I should have sent him with Lori." Rick said. I grabbed the rag and rung it out, letting the water fall in the bowl then grabbed Rick's hand. "You know, you start that.. You'll never get that monkey off your back." Shane said. I started cleaning Rick's hand, getting rid of the blood on his hands and arms. "Little girl goes missing, you look for her. Simple." he said as i cleaned his hands. "You said call it- head back." Rick said. "Doesn't matter what i said." Shane said. "Carl got shot because i wouldn't cut bait. It should be me in there." He said. "Don't go there," i said wiping his arm. Shane chuckled a bit. "You've been there partner. Right? And you pulled through, so will he." Shane said. "Is that why i got out of the hospital?" Rick asked. I put the rag in the water, it turned red.

"Found my family for it to end here like this? This some kind of- sick joke?!" he asked getting angry. "You stop it." Shane said. I put the rag down and held his hands, not caring about the blood. He looked down at the floor, "Just stop." Shane said. "Little girl, goes missing.. you look for her. It's plain and simple." he repeated. I stopped holding his hands then kept cleaning them until there was no blood left. The door opened and i put the rag back in the bowl. "Rick." the girl with short hair said. We all stood up and went to her. "He needs blood." She said, as we went inside the room we saw Carl was awake. Crying and groaning in pain, Hershel was taking a bullet fragment out of him. "You, hold him down." Hershel said to Shane. Shane took the woman's place in holding him down. "Dad!!" Carl cried. "I got him." Shane said, the woman went over to Rick and started preparing him to give blood.

Carl started screaming louder as Hershel pulled out the fragment. I covered my mouth a bit and looked at him worried, the scream killed me. "Stop! You're killing him!" Rick yelled, "Rick, do you want him to live?!" Hershel called out and kept working on Carl. Shane held him down, "He needs blood." The woman said. "Do it now!" Shane yelled. Carl started quieting down until eventually his cries stopped all together. The room grew silent. "Wait- wait. Wait- wait. Hey." Shane said looking at Rick, then me then back at Hershel. "He just passed out." He said and pulled out a fragment of the bullet, he dropped it in a pan. "One down, 5 to go.." He said.

~~~

Carl was okay for now, but Hershel said he needs to put him under. Only problem was that he didn't have the supplies, Shane and Otis; the man who shot Carl were going to get the supplies they needed. Maggie; one of Hershel's daughters was going to get Lori. "Hey," i said walking in the room where Carl was. Rick was holding his hand. "Hey." He said. I handed him his watch back and sat down on the edge of the bed. "You doing okay?" i asked looking at Rick. "I'm alright.." he said nodding a bit, putting his watch back on his wrist. "He's a strong kid, he'll make it through the surgery." I said softly and looked at Carl. "I hope so.." he said. "He will." i said and looked back at him. I licked my lips a bit and stood up, pulling the picture out of my pocket. I held it out towards him, Worth a shot.. to get his mind off worrying even if it was just a few minutes. He looked at the picture and grabbed it.

I pulled up a chair and sat down next to him, looking at Carl. He looked at the picture for a few seconds, "Who-" he said softly and looked over to me. "My daughter." i said leaning back. "Daughter.?" he asked. I nodded looking at Carl, "Yeah. I couldn't find her when i got home from work. We're too far from the city, she wouldn't be this far out." i said and looked over to him. He looked over to me, "You lost her?" he asked. I nodded, "Yeah, She ran away from the house. Probably after walkers got to my brother." I said and looked at him. "I'm sorry," he said. I nodded, "It's okay.. I guess just- with Sophia missing it hits close to home. And now Carl, my heads just not in the right place. I care about them both." i said. "Your daughter," he said. "Luna. She's 10. You and Daryl are the only ones that know." i said.

He kept looking at me. "I'm sorry, I don't know what i'd do if i didn't find Lori or Carl." he said. I grabbed his hand, "But you did. And we're gonna find Sophia too.. One way or another." I said softly as he held my hand back. He nodded looking at me. "I'm glad you're with us." he said, I nodded giving him a soft smile. "Yeah, me too." i said. He held the picture back towards me, i let go of his hand and grabbed the picture, putting it back in my pocket.

A/N; so whyyy am i shipping Katherine and Rick all of a sudden? Just like a tiny bit.. 😭😂 I gotta keep telling myself that my plan is making Rick and Glenn her best friends 😤😂❤

 😭😂 I gotta keep telling myself that my plan is making Rick and Glenn her best friends 😤😂❤