124

>>Word count; 1021<<

AHHH

No time to slow down here we goooo

~Katherine's Pov~

"Because of Luna." Grayson said looking at me, I felt my heart stop. "What- what??" i asked looking at him. "Why the hell do you think i'm still with them.??" He asked. "Luna-" i said feeling my heart race. "She's- is she- w-" I stopped talking, my mind was scattered. I couldn't even form a sentence. "She's alive." He said. I kept looking at him not knowing what to say, He kept looking at me too. "I told her I saw you. She told me to give you her necklace. That you'd know what it meant. She's safe. At the Sanctuary." He said. Daryl grabbed him and pinned him to the car, pulling out his knife. We were still low to he ground because of the gunfire. I felt a tear leave my eyes. I sat down on the grass and dropped my gun, putting a hand on my chest. "If you're lyin' i'll slit your fucking throat." Daryl said holding his knife against his neck. "Why the hell would I lie about her daughter?! To my sister.!" Grayson said looking at Daryl.

I put my hands on my head trying to process. "Talk!" Daryl said harshly. "Katherine." Grayson said looking at me. I kept looking at the floor in shock. "Katherine look at me!" Grayson said, I looked over to him slowly then took my hands off my head. "The only reason i'm there is because of Luna. They found us a few years ago in the woods and they took us in. They only took me in because I had Luna. Walkers came to my camp and we got out. But she's alive Katherine. I found her in a group about a year after this all started." He said quickly.

"I recognized her from the pictures you sent me before this shit hit. Why the hell would I lie to you about that.?! Huh??" he asked looking at me. "She's alive-?" I asked as my voice cracked. "Luna- She's alive.?" I asked again. He nodded. "She's alive. That's why I can't stay with you.! I can't leave her there with them.!" He said harshly. I got on my knees and put a hand on Daryl's shoulder. "Hey.!" I heard Michonne's voice. Daryl pulled his knife away from Gray's throat. "Maggie gave the signal. We gotta go." She said looking at us.

"Luna- Luna can you get her- can you- p-" I said looking at Grayson. Daryl put a hand on my arm. "Let's go." he said. I pulled my arm away from him. "Can you get her- away- to me.??" I asked, still not being able to form sentences. "I'm keeping her safe." he said. "We gotta go Katherine." Daryl said. "She knows you're alive. I will get her to you when this is over- but you have to trust me." He said. "But you will get her- to me.? Here.? Or Alexandria. Maggie she knows who Luna is. She's the leader here. If bring her and tell her she Luna she'll let you-" i said catching my breath a bit. "Now.!" Michonne said. "I'll try. I promise." He said. Daryl pulled me up. "Go now- don't follow them to the house. Leave." I said looking at him. "Why-" "Just listen to me and go wait by the fence. Don't go to the house." I said grabbing my gun. We ran to the house and continued on with the plan.

~The next day~

We just finished cleaning up out here the best we could. The sun was setting, it was getting dark. "Hey." I heard Daryl's voice. I looked back and ran my hand through my hair. "Hi.." I said softly. I've been avoiding him, avoiding talking to anyone really. I just needed to be alone. All I was thinking about was Luna being alive. I don't think Gray was lying, the look on my brothers face, the look in his eyes. That never changed, I knew when he was lying and last night he wasn't.. I'm glad I was finally getting something good after everything. If he told me Luna was dead i honestly don't think what i would've done. I've experienced so much all together at once that i didn't know how to handle it.. "Let's get inside, cmon." He said. I shook my head. "In a little i just- wanna be here.." I said. He came over and sat down next to me. I was sitting at a bench. He looked at me and sighed, looking over to him too.

"He wasn't lying about Luna.." I said softly and looked down at his hands. "How do you know.?" he asked. I shrugged a bit after a second, "I just know.." I whispered, not looking at him. "I can tell when he's lying.. And he wasn't back there.." I said and licked my lips a bit. For the first time in a while I felt hope. I felt something other than sadness, worry or anger.. Just by knowing she was alive i felt so much relief. He put a hand on my arm and I looked at him, "You alright..?" He asked. I nodded a bit, "Yeah i'm just- processing.." i said shaking my head. He nodded a bit, "You gonna tell Rick..?" he asked. I nodded a bit.

"Later just- not now. We have other things to worry about." I said. He nodded rubbing my arm a bit, "Alright." he said giving me a little smile which made me smile a little too. I looked back down and shook my head covering my face. I rested my elbows on the table.. "She's alive.." I whispered and smiled more. "Think she'll like me.?" he asked putting a hand on my back. I giggled a bit and wiped my eyes a bit. "I hope, you're really intimidating.." I said softly and uncovered my face. I looked at him and narrowed my eyes a bit at him, smiling a little. He smiled the smallest smile at me. I hugged him and he hugged me back, rubbing my back a bit, scoffing at my comment. "I like kids though.. She got nothin' to worry about." he said. We pulled away and I looked at him.

He looked at me too. I smiled a little and rested my forehead against his, closing my eyes. He closed his eyes too, smiling the smallest bit seeing me smile. Even if it was just a little smile, it made him smile. "You're not running are you.?" i asked softly. "Hell no." he said hugged me again. I hugged him back.

A/N; When i tell you i wasn't sure how i was gonna say she was alive

A/N; When i tell you i wasn't sure how i was gonna say she was alive.. Im telling you i had NO clue how to do it. I just kept writing without stopping and here we are.

she's alive 🥺💓