31

>>Word Count; 1372<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We walked up the steps to the house to see everyone in the living room. Except Rick and Shane. "They're not back yet.?" i asked looking at them. "No." She said. I sighed and looked away, i should've gone with them. They must've gotten in a fight because on our way here we heard a gunshot. "We heard a shot." Glenn said. "Maybe they found Randall." She said. "No, we found him." i said. "Is he back in the shed?" Patricia asked. "He's a walker," Daryl said. "Did you find the walker that bit him.?" Hershel asked. "No, weird thing is he wasn't bit." Glenn said. "His neck was broke." Daryl said. "So he fought back." Patricia said. I nodded a bit looking at them. "Okay- um. I'm gonna go out there." i said. "Thank you." Lori said. I nodded, "Yeah, of course." i said and walked out, Daryl followed but i stopped in my tracks, he put a hand on my back kinda bracing himself from colliding with me.

There was a another herd. "Shit.." i said and walked forward, He did too, Glenn and Andrea came out as well. More people came out of the house. "Patricia, kill the lights." Hershel whispered. "i'll get the guns." Andrea said. "Maybe they're just passing like the herd on the highway. Should we just go inside?" Glenn asked. "Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs i don't know about. A herd that size would rip the house down." Daryl said. "Carl's gone." I looked back to see Lori coming out here. "What.?" Daryl asked. "He- he was upstairs. I can't find him anymore. " She said. "Maybe he's hiding." Glenn said. "He's supposed to be upstairs. I'm not leaving without my boy." She said panicking. I put my hand on my forehead and looked away at the herd.

"We're not. We're gonna look again and we're gonna find him." Carol said and headed back in the house. I walked away a bit. "Fuck." I said lowly and looked at the herd, I took my hand off my head, Andrea came back with the guns and we went back to her. "I have mine." i said as she offered me one. She handed them to Maggie and Glenn. "Maggie-" Glenn said confused. "You grow up country you pick up a thing or two." she said loading the gun. "I got the number, it's no use." Daryl said. I sighed and licked my lips a bit, "You can go if you want." Hershel said, we all looked at him. "You gonna take 'em all on.?" Daryl asked.

"We have guns. We have cars." Hershel said getting his gun ready. "Kill as many as we can, And we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm." Andrea said. I reached in the bag and sighed, grabbing more ammo for my gun. "Are you serious.?" Daryl asked. I stood up and undid the pocket zipper in my jacket, putting the ammo inside. "This is my farm." He said, i zipped the jacket back up. "I'll die here." He said. "Alright, It's as good as night as any." Daryl said and hopped over the fence. "You're with me, let's go." He said looking up at me. I raised and eyebrow and sighed, "Alright." i said and jumped over too. "It was great knowing you Dixon." I said. "Yeah, Likewise." he said and we went over to his bike. He got on then i did, holding him slightly as he started driving.

The rest got in cars and we started taking down walkers. Daryl stopped right at the fence and we started shooting as many as we could from this distance. I patted his arm a little and he looked back, Walkers were getting closer "Hold on." he said sitting back down. I sat back down too and we headed over to Jimmy who was driving the RV. "Yo! Must've been Rick or Shane who started that fire! Maybe they're trying to get out back! Why don't you circle around! Go!" Daryl said to him. I shot down another walker getting to close to us. Jimmy went over to the barn. He started driving and we went over to the Barn too. "Take me to the house! Lori needs to know Carl's okay." i said. He turned around and started taking me to the house. "Alright," i said and got off. "Go." i said. He took off a few walkers around me ad i ran in the house. "Lori!" i called out. "Cmon. Lori!" i called out then went out back. I saw no one was here anymore.

I ran back outside to see walkers way too close to the house. I ran down the steps and stated running, I stopped way too quick and fell looking at the walkers looking back down at me, starting to move towards me. "Shit-" i said ad my heart raced. I backed up and got up quickly running to the woods with a few walkers behind me.

~The next day~

I've been running for a while. Killed a few walkers, I kept moving. I was tired though. I've been running for a while, it was getting dark though. I heard a snap and i looked over to see Daryl pointing his crossbow at me. I stopped in my tracks, he lowered his crossbow and came over to me quickly. I looked up at the sky catching my breath. I'm glad it was him and not someone else. I backed up and hit a tree sliding down. He reached me and put his bow down. "Holy shit we though you were dead." He said bending down to my level. I kept on catching my breath feeling relieved to see him. "Are you even real.?" i asked closing my eyes and swallowed the lump in my throat. "Or did i officially lose it and i'm having a hallucination of you." i said. "I'm real." he said and put his hand on my forehead. I had some blood on my face but not much. "Thought you were a walker." he said pulling out his bandanna and cleaned off the blood on my forehead and my cheek.

I shook my head. "No- Fuck my legs are killing me. Jesus Christ." i said opening my eyes. I was so tired from running, My legs were burning. He grabbed my arms and started checking me quickly. He put his hand on my head and leaned me forward checking my back. "Full body cavity search.?" i asked giggling. He put his fingers on my chin and made me look up to check my neck, "I'm fine." i said and licked my lips again. He let go and checked my legs. "Cmon." he said grabbing my gun and tucking it away. "No- wait.." i said closing my eyes and resting my head on the tree again. "Wait. I'm- i need to catch my breath." I said. "No, we gotta get back to the others, it's getting dark." He said, I shook my head. "I can't. Just give me a minute." I said calming down. He grabbed his crossbow and put it around his back.

"I got cha." he said, and grabbed my arms. I opened my eyes and he pulled me up, wrapping my arm around his shoulders and wrapping his arm around my waist. I looked down a bit and caught my breath a bit more. He looked at me. "You good.?" he asked holding me. I nodded. "Peachy." i said.  "Ooh," i said softly. "What." he said as we walked. "Look at our relationship growing Mr. Dixon." i said. "We in a relationship now.?" he asked looking around. I sighed a bit. "Hell yeah, we all are. We're gonna work on hugging next." I said. "I don't do hugs." he said. "What're you doing now?" i asked. "Holding you up so you won't pass out." He said. I tilted my head a bit. "It's called a side hug care bear." I said. "I'll drop you." He said looking around to make sure nothing or no one was around. I laughed a bit as we reached a road. "You love me too much." I said.

" I said