14

>>Word count; 1163<<

lowkey one of my favorite chapters and you'll see at the end 🙃
~Katherine's Pov~

"Did you just lock us in.?" Glenn called out. I turned around and looked at Jenner. "He just locked us in!" He yelled. Jenner sat down, ignoring us. We all went to Jenner, he started recording himself. "Carl!" Lori called out. "Mom!" he said scared. "You son of a bitch!" Daryl yelled running towards Jenner. I headed over to them. "Shane!" Rick called out. "You locked us in here?!" Daryl yelled. Shane and T-Dog held him back from going after Jenner. Shane put him down but he tried getting around him. "Daryl he's the only one who can get us out." I said standing next to Shane, blocking him as well. "We need him alive so get your shit together.!" i said lowly. He caught his breath angrily. "Daryl." i said. He looked at me. "Calm down." i said looking him in the eyes. He continued pacing, catching his breath but he kept his eyes on me.

I gave him a small nod, "Jenner, open that door. Now." Rick said walking up to him. I looked away from Daryl and walked over to Rick and Jenner. "There's no point. Everything topside is locked down. The emergency exits are sealed." He said getting himself together. "Well open the damn things." Dale said. "That's not something i control. The computers do." He said looking at all of us. "I told you once that front door closed, it wouldn't open gain. You heard me say that. It's better this way." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What the hell does that mean.?" i asked. "What happens in 28 minutes.?" Rick asked. He stared typing on the computer, ignoring our questions. Shane looked at me and Rick then slammed his hand on the table. "What happens in 28 minutes?!" Rick yelled getting frustrated. "Cmon!" Daryl yelled.

"You know what this place is?!" Jenner yelled getting up, "We protected the public from very nasty stuff!" he said yelling in Shane's face. "Weaponized smallpox!" he said looking at T-Dog. "Ebola strains that could wipe out half the country! Stuff you don't want getting out! Ever!" he yelled at us. We all looked at him, He sat down again and fixed his lab coat. "In the event of a catastrophic power failure, in a terrorist attack, for example.. H.I.T.s are deployed to prevent any organisms from getting out." he said. "H.I.T.s?" Rick asked. Jenner stopped making eye contact. "Nuh uh. You don't do that shit no more. What are they." i said taking a step closer to him. "Vi define." Jenner said. The computer went on explaining what they were which only scared everyone even more. Carol hugged Sophia in tears, Rick hugged Lori and Carl.

"It sets the air on fire. No pain. An end to sorrow and grief. Regret, Everything." he said.

~~~

We getting the door open but nothing worked, Shane and Daryl took axes to it but nothing worked. The only way we were getting that door open was if he opened it. We were trying to reason with Jenner but he wouldn't open the door. "This isn't right." Carol cried holding Sophia, "You can't just keep us here." He said. "One tiny moment- A millisecond. No pain." He said leaning down to her, She was on the floor and so were Carl and Lori. "My daughter doesn't deserve to die like this." Carol cried. "Wouldn't it be kinder.? More compassionate to just hold your loved ones and wait fot the clock to run down.?" Jenner asked as Carol and Sophia got up. I wasn't letting these kids die like this. I don't want any of us to go down like this. I reached over and pulled out my gun looking at him. "Katherine." Rick said, I looked at Jenner and took the safety off, causing him to look at the gun then at me. I don't leave anywhere without my gun. Its always on me, even before this happened; i carried. "Open. The damn. Door." I said looking him dead in the eyes.

"Katherine you said it your self we need him alive to get out of here." Rick said. "Did you know, the kneecap.." i said pointing my gun at his knee. "Is the most painful place to get shot.?" i asked tilting my head. "The pain is close unbearable." I said looking at him. I heard the cock of a shotgun. "Shane, No!" Rick said. I think he didn't stop me because i'm not as explosive as Shane. I can be talked down but i was so pissed, hearing the kids cry out of fear.. it kills me. "Out of the way Rick.!" Shane said. "I'll back up, let him take care of you. He won't listen to any of us." i said. "Get out of my way Rick!" Shane said and walked up to us. He pointed the shot gun at Jenner. "So here's how it's gonna go, i shoot both your kneecaps and if you still don't open the door, Shane'll beat the shit out of you and he wont stop until you open the fucking door." i said pressing the gun against his knee.

"Open the damn door or i'm gonna blow your damn head off. Do you hear me.!?" Shane asked. "Maybe not the head, we need him to open the door so.." i said looking at Shane. "Brother- brother. This is not the way to do this. Both of you need to back off." Rick said looking at me. Shane started shooting and yelling. Eventually Rick was able to stop him, knocking him to the floor. I walked up to Jenner, "Are you done now.? Are you done.?" Rick asked looking down at Shane, threatening to hit him. "Yeah. I guess we all are." He said. I grabbed Jenner and slammed his head next to the scanner. "Katherine!" Rick said coming to me. Daryl came over and pushed him away from me and stood there, kind of like guarding me and letting me do this.

"10 seconds before i shoot you." i said holding the gun to his head. I wasn't really gonna do it, but i knew he was scared after Shane shot everything. I saw the look in his eyes. "10." i said looking at him. "9. I'm not letting you do this, There's children in here. 8." i said pressing the gun to his head a bit more. "Katherine." Rick said. "Back up." Daryl said pushing him a bit more. "Actually- no. You know what? 3." I said. "Fine!- Fine!" he said. I pulled him up by the coat. "Open the damn door." I said. He pulled out the key card and pressed it against the pad, putting in a code. "See? You just needed some fire under your white ass huh buddy," I said and pushed him away from the pad. "Move." I said looking at everyone. "Let's go!" Glenn said running. "Cmon let's go!" Daryl called out.

A/N: Hahaaaa this was a fun chapter to write bc Katherine snapped 😂