Chapter-2 His life, her life (part-2)

Author's Pov

Paris (12:00 am in midnight)

It was mid-night, the time when the whole city was covered in darkness. People were sleeping peacefully after a long day at school or work. A girl in her mid-twenties was sleeping on her queen size bed or at least trying to sleep. Her body was shaking, her small frame was covered in sweat, her face was tensed while she tossed around in bed trying to get rid of her horrible dreams.

'Sharon, main tang aagaya hu. Taani has become so selfish. Pta nhi kya kya sochti hai shaadi, bachhe and what not. I don't want a girl like her. I want someone like you Sharon.'

'Who do you think is better, Sharon or Taani.'

'Taani doesn't deserve the GS position. She has been chosen as a GS just because she is rey's girlfriend.'

'Sorry Swayam, don't mind we only bear Taani because she is your sister and rey's gf. That's it.'

'You are not my sister Taani, right now you are the GS of this college.'

She continued tossing in the bed, the words repeatedly crossing her mind, the students words and those disgusting comments, the people's taunts whom she thought as friends, her brother's words and most importantly the words 'he' said to her or about her.

'Taani, I am so happy, finally you proved yourself...'

'Now we can finally be together again.'

'It was all a façade Taani. Our break up was fake, I framed the whole thing so that you can know the importance of career, you can be independent. And the plan was successful Taani, now everything will be alright.'

'It was all a façade Taani....'

'I don't want a girl like her. I want a girl like you Sharon....'

'It was a façade Taani.....'

'I don't want a girl like her. I want a girl like you Sharon....'

She sat on the bed with a jerk, her hair all messy with her locks tangled, her body was sweating profusely, her heartbeats were raised and she was heavily breathing. She opened her bedside drawer and took out a small bottle of sleeping pills. She opened the cap, her hands were trembling, she was fumbling with the bottle, finally when she managed to open it, she gulped down the pills with water. She kept the glass back on the table and laid down on the bed again. She was still shivering from the nightmare, the words still ringing in her mind. How much ever she tries she can never remove those words from her memory. The famous slang that words hurt sharper than swords is actually true.

Its been six years since she came here and moved on, at least she believes she has. Now she is no more the sweet, innocent, gullible, vulnerably in love Taani, she has changed now drastically. She is now fierce, proud, independent, career-oriented and a self-made woman. Just like he wanted, but she was not happy. She was not at peace, everyday was like a war going on inside her. She could not sleep peacefully at night, her dreams haunted her.

Every night was the same, she would wake up screaming, sweating and weeping. She has started feeling like an insomniac. She was miserable, but she would never admit it. That's what she became after all those taunts and degrading comments. The person who never shows her pain or weaknesses to anyone, her vulnerable self was hidden deep inside of her. The old Taani never hesitated to pour her inner self in front of her loved ones, but this one hides her pain from herself too. She used to smile wholeheartedly, and this Taani has forgotten how to smile.

She doesn't even know the reason of her living, she was dead as it as, people never liked her true self, admonished her for her personality, even her brother and the person she loved the most in this world, hated her.