Chapter-5 A disastrous reunion!

Enjoy Reading!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's POV

Same Time (Shekhawat Mansion)

Ragini was running here and there in the house looking after everything, she was making sure everything was perfect, new curtains, cushions, table cloths and every single vase had new flowers, Blue orchids in them as they were her daughter's favourite. Even she had a made every dish which Taani likes after all she was coming back home after six years. Although she was still not ready to stay with them reason unknown but she finally agreed on having lunch with them and spending some time, they tried to call her for dinner as Swayam would be back till then but she refused saying she have to meet someone for dinner.

Ragini was in kitchen making sure every dish was up to the mark when a butler came in running informing her of her arrival happily,

"Mam, Taani mam has arrived."

She ran out of the kitchen merrily before she stood by rishi who was already standing at the door. Taani's car stopped in front of the gate and the driver opened the door for her, she stepped out before removing her sunglasses.

Rishi and Ragini were shocked to see her for a second, she was not the daughter they raised lovingly, standing in front of them was a girl who was poles apart from their daughter

Rishi and Ragini were shocked to see her for a second, she was not the daughter they raised lovingly, standing in front of them was a girl who was poles apart from their daughter. They could not pin point the difference but they knew they have lost their daughter somewhere. Taani reached to them when they straightened their faces smiling brightly at her, she smiled at them in return forcefully. Ragini reached towards her before embracing her tightly hoping for the same old warm and loving feeling she gets when she hugs her daughter but all she got was a void. Taani's hug has always been a soothing one which could lessen any person's pain but now that soothing touch was missing somewhere along with her bright smile and the shine in her eyes.

Taani embraced both of them trying to reciprocate their affection but she could not.

"Taani, bachha, it's been so long. I missed you so much meri jaan." Ragini kissed her head affectionately while Taani just smiled she turned to Rishi who looked at her with slight tears,

"Mera beta, have grown so much, a fashion designer, own business, own car. So proud of you princess."

He hugged his heart, his daughter, his princess to his heart while Taani too embraced him tightly.

Ragini was in tears seeing this but she controlled herself,

"Rishi, taani chlo beta andar, itne time baad aayi ho."

They all went inside and Taani greeted everyone from gardner to butler as everyone of them was fond of her. They settled down in living room talking about her life and career. Taani was speaking less only replying if she was asked about something other than that she sat like a statue.