Oh Yeah...

You woke up expecting to be in your home with the faint sound of paintbrush strokes coming from the room next to yours. You sat up quickly when you realized you weren't in your room. Then you remembered the fire, the crying, your mom who was...dead.

You wiped away the tears that had begun to slide slowly down the side of your face. You looked at yourself in the mirror in your new room. Your eyes were puffy and you were still wearing the same clothes that you had on yesterday. There was a soft knocking at the door.

You didn't say anything so the maid that entered your room was surprised to see you were awake.

"Oh, sorry miss. I was told to bring you these new clothes." She set the dresses on the edge of the bed. She then opened the curtains in your room. It was cloudy outside. Grey and dreary and it looked as though it would rain at any moment. "I'll give you a thorough wash up, okay miss?"

You nodded your head numbly. Normally you would have said you could clean yourself, but you couldn't seem to get yourself to move. You throat was sore from crying all night and you feared the sound your voice would make if you spoke. You gently touched your neck hoping it would alleviate the pain in some way.

"I'll go ready the bath a bring you a glass of water."

A minute or two later she came back with a glass of water which she carefully handed to you. Tasting the water you realized how dehydrated you were and proceeded to chug the whole glass.

"Th-Thank you." You mumbled, cringing at the croaking of your voice.

The maid gently led you to a bath tub and you sat down in the warm water after removing the clothes that smelt of smoke. While you sat there and stared into the distance, the maid worked diligently. Before long you had been cleaned and she helped you into one of the new dresses.

"Would you like me to bring your breakfast here or eat with the Joestars?"

You didn't really feel like seeing other people at the moment, but you doubted being alone would do you any good.

"I'll eat with them."

She led you to the dining area. The three males were already seated taking a bite of whatever food was on their plate. Upon seeing you enter the room, Jonathan rushed to your side.

"Are you alright? Do you need anything? How can I help?"

You smiled at Jonathan's behavior and knew you had made the right decision in joining them for breakfast. Dio and Mr. Joestar smiled warmly as you sat down to join them with Jonathan of coursing pulling your chair out for you to sit in.

There were of course several delicious looking foods, but you didn't have much of an appetite.

"Is the food not to your liking? Would you prefer something different?" Questioned Mr. Joestar.

"No, the food looks delicious. I'm just not very hungry at the moment."

Dio stood up from his seat across the table while holding his plate. He sat down to the left of you. He then began cutting a piece out of one of the pancakes on his plate. He stabbed it with his fork and then shoved the raspberry syrup covered pancake piece in front of your face.

"Well, if you're not going to feed yourself, I suppose I will have to do it for you. Say ah."

You cheeks turned a light pink and you adverted your gaze from the blonde boy.

"I can feed myself."

"Well if you say so, don't starve yourself, though. It won't do you any good." He then ate the piece of pancake.

Dio and Jonathan then began placing various food items onto your plate. You ate slowly but the food truly was delicious and your appetite had been found again.

After breakfast, Mr. Joestar conducted a test to see where you were at with your knowledge so he could teach you just as he did his own sons. You weren't so far behind the two boys. He told you he'd hire a tutor so you could catch up to the brothers.

An hour or so after that, you realized that if anyone could make you feel better, it'd be Speedwagon. You knocked on the door of Mr. Joestar's office.

"Come in."

You entered the room, "Do you think I could maybe go to town? I have a friend there that I'd like to talk with."

"I don't see why not. Would you like me to ask the boys to accompany you?"

"No, I'd rather not bother them."

"Well okay. I'll have a carriage ready for you."

It was weird being alone in the carriage. It was quiet and empty and you almost wished you had the two brothers with you. You asked the coachman to stop at the edge of town and they informed you that they'd be back in an hour.

You walked through the streets, not really sure how you'd find Speedwagon since he usually found you. You looked down the alleyways as you walked past them. Looking down one of them you saw the messy blonde hair which you knew belonged to Speedwagon. He held his hat in one hand and his other hand was clutching his face. He looked as though he was in pain.

"Speedwagon? Are you alright?"

"(Y/N)? Yeah, I'm alright." He turned around to face you. Across his face was a rather long cut with blood spilling out of it. The sight of his blood dripping down his face made you scream.

"Ah! What happened to you?!"

"Oh, this?" He pointed to the cut "It's nothing much, just cut my face while practicing with my hat. Hahaha."

Sure enough, blood was also dripping from the blades of the hat.

"If you don't clean the wound, it will get infected. Wait here for a bit."

You quickly ran to the nearest store that sold the supplies necessary for cleaning Speedwagon's cut. You then rushed back to where he was to find him leaning against the wall trying to clean his blood off the blades with the sleeve of his shirt. You carefully patched  up the wound as best as you could.

"Well, that's the best I can do, It'll probably leave a scar."

"Eh, don't worry about it. A scar will make me look cooler anyways. Everyone will fear the almighty Speedwagon who injured himself with his own weapon! Also, what are you doing here anyways? You don't look like you're shopping for your mother."

"About that..."

So you told Speedwagon everything. From meeting Jonathan to moving in with the Joestars. Just like you thought, speaking with him put you at ease. You could really be yourself around him. He really listened too. Always adding in comments about what he thought, always speaking his mind. That's what made you trust him so much in the first place. Eventually, the hour was up. He followed you to the carriage and waved goodbye. The coachman was certainly shocked to see that a blonde man with a bandage wrapped around his face diagonally, but he didn't question anything.

Speedwagon was glad to know the Joestar's had been kind enough to allow you to live with them. He doubted he could've offered a much better solution, the streets were no place for a girl like you. Since you would be part of a more wealthy family now, you'd likely be in town even less than before. He could only hope that the friends you made were really as good as you made them out to be.

You, on the other hand, felt as though a weight had been lifted off your shoulders. You had now come to terms with your life much faster than you would've without the interaction with good ol' Speedwagon. You couldn't do anything for your mother now except to try and live a happy life with all the people who support you.