Be Careful What You Wish For

Joseph stopped the boat as it drifted into the sandy shore of the island. He hopped out and walked along the beach with everyone following behind him. Joseph slowed down as he approached the edge of the foliage.

Polnareff looked around suspiciously, "Hey, now. Does someone actually live here? It's such a tiny little island, and it looks deserted."

"Indeed. Mr. Joestar does someone really live here?" Asked Kakyoin.

"He lives here by himself. That's what he told me back in India." Joseph turned to face all of you, a faint smile on his face.

Kakyoin was still confused, "Eh? What do you mean by he?"

"What? Indian curry?" Questioned Polnareff.

Jotaro pointed at the shrubbery, "Hey. Someone's watching us from the grass over there."

The plants moved and a monochrome looking version of Avdol dashed out of there. "He's running away!" Shouted Polnareff!

Kakyoin gasped, "From the back, he looks..."

"Yeah. That's definitely familiar!" Polnareff narrowed his eyes and began sprinting after him, the rest of you not far behind. "Hold it! Please wait!"

The disguised Avdol ran along a dirt path leading to a small house surrounded by a fence. Just outside his gate he swiped up a basket of seeds and started tossing them to the chickens in his front yard, "Come, now. Are you hungry, Michael? Prince? I kept the nutritional balance in mind and mixed in the shells you love, too. There's more over here." You all slowed to a stop once you made it to the small gate. "Get nice and fat so you'll be a tasty chicken, Lionel."

"That man..." Started Caesar.

You put your acting skills to use as you played along, "There's no way, right?"

"It can't be..." Polnareff stumbled forward a bit.

Joseph put his arm in front of the French man, stopping him from advancing, "Hold it! I'll go talk to him. All of you, wait here." He walked as close to the fence as possible, putting a hand over his heart, "My name is Joseph Joestar. I'm traveling to Egypt with these five-"

"Go away! I won't hear it!" Shouted the old looking Avdol.

Polnareff was still in shock, "That voice..."

"D-Don't talk to me!" Continued the Egyptian, "No one comes to see me with good news! It's only when something bad happens!" He turned around, pointing straight at all of you, "I don't want to hear it! Go away!"

"Mr. Avdol!" Shouted Kakyoin.

"Avdol..." Spoke Jotaro, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Go away!" Avdol ran inside his house and slammed the door behind him.

"I-It can't be!" Shouted all of you except Joseph.

"That's Avdol's... father." Explained Joseph.

"His father...?" Mumbled Polnareff while the rest of you feigned surprised expressions.

"He left the world behind, and lives alone on this island. I didn't tell any of you about this because if Dio were to find out that we had stopped here, the peace Avdol's father enjoys here could be compromised. I didn't want to let that happen." Joseph paused for a moment, "But telling him about his son Avdol's death won't be easy to do..."

Polnareff grit his teeth and looked away. His body shaking slightly from how tense he was. You put a hand on his shoulder, "Avdol's death was not your fault."

Polnareff took a few steps away from you, "No, it's my responsibility. I have to carry that." You winced slightly as your heart was stung with a twinge of guilt about lying to this man.