Don't Leave Her Hanging

Joseph clenched the rope tightly, his hand was still wounded from using his blood to ease Wamuu's pain. You were still stationary, only your eyes moved as you glanced nervously from Kars to Lisa and to Joseph.

Kara continued his saunter towards the Joestar, mocking his predicament, "Hang on tight, JoJo. Below is a valley of razor-sharp crystal spikes! One fall and she'll die instantly."

You glanced over the edge, you knew you could survive such a fall. Would it be worth it to jump?

Joseph shouted, "K-Kars! You're as rotten as a moldy, thrown-out pumpkin that even flies would avoid!"

Kars wasn't even walking towards the Joestar anymore. He just stood a few feet away with his hand on his hip, enjoying his position in the battle. "Go ahead and scream. Whine. Throw insults at me. After all, that's all you can do while holding that rope."

Joseph attempted to pull Lisa up but ended up making her fall a bit farther instead. Your body jolted towards Lisa's form for a moment before remaining stationary once more. You looked at Kars' back as you thought of what you could do to help your companions. If you tried to save Lisa he'd kill them all.

You almost slapped yourself. He would kill them all even if you didn't try to help them. He wouldn't just let your friends go because you listened to him! And if he was going to kill them anyways, you might as well try to save them.

"You got this, JoJo!" You shouted as you dove over the edge.

Joseph just sputtered nonsense as he processed what you were doing. You took out the very blade Kars had returned to you and grabbed onto Lisa while slicing the rope that was holding her there. Kars began to take a step towards you as the Joestar let go of the rope. The Pillar Man would have jumped after you and drilled into your head why you should never do such a thing again, but he wanted to deal with the Joestar first. He was honestly surprised that you had done such a thing, he thought he had already conveyed some convincing reasons for you to just watch the battle.

You held back a scream of pain as your legs were impaled by the crystal spikes. You held Lisa in your arms and made sure she hadn't made any contact with them. You slowly lifted your leg off the spike and hardened it along the soles of your feet so you could walk along them without pain, much like you had done during your encounter with Esidisi. Of course, your boots would be severely messed up, but getting across the sea of spikes was more important.

You glanced back at Joseph who was no longer holding the rope that was now just draped over the stone beam above them. He seemed to be attempting to sneak behind Kars who had his narrowed gaze on your retreating form.

Once you made it out of the field of spikes, a few people rushed over to you. "We'll take her from here, Miss Speedwagon." It was one of the members of the Speedwagon foundation. You blinked rapidly from the sudden brightness coming from his shoulder lights. Two SPW members took Lisa from your arms.

A German soldier put your arm around their shoulder to support you, "I hope your doing okay, (Y/N). I hoped the next time we met would've been under better circumstances."

You recognized the voice and glanced to the side to see Mark. Your eyes widened in surprise. "Mark? What are you doing here? I thought you had decided to spend time with your fiancé?"

He smiled, "Actually, she's my wife now. And when I heard there was something I could do to help fight against the Pillar Men and their minions, I knew I had to join. We can talk about such stuff later, I'm bringing you over to Speedwagon."

A few other SPW members formed a circle around you with their back facing  you. This allowed them to more easily part through the sea of blood sucking beasts. They maintained this formation until you made it out of the swarm and to a much calmer part of the battle field.