The Start to Reach the End

Jotaro looked back at his house, "That's weird..."

You glanced back as well, a bit concerned by the unusual silence that seemed to fill the area, "Somethings... not right..."

Jotaro grabbed your wrist and started pulling you back towards the house, "Let's go investigate." You ended up bumping into Joseph, still in his pajamas, who was also searching for Holly. Hearing Avdol's muffled voice from the kitchen, the three of you went there.

You were shocked to see Avdol holding a barely conscious Holly in his arms. The fridge was open and silverware and food were scattered across the floor. Green vines seemed to emerge from her back.

"A S-Stand..." Mumbled Joseph, his voice barely above a whisper. "Holly..." His voice wavered and he sounded as though he were on the verge of tears. Jotaro bit his lip in anger, the shadow of his hat covering his eyes. Joseph grabbed Jotaro by the collar of his uniform and let out a pained scream before slamming his grandson into the cabinets.

You gently pulled on the Joestar's shoulder, trying to stop him from hurting Jotaro in his anger, "Joseph, please. Calm down."

He let go of Jotaro and pulled you into a bone crushing hug with his forehead pressed against your shoulder. His whole body was shaking as he struggled not to cry, "This... This is the one thing I feared most! My daughter finally has a Stand. I knew she didn't have the power to withstand it. I knew she didn't have the power to to deny the curse from Dio's soul." You rubbed circles along his back, in hopes of consoling him.

Jotaro ruffly grabbed his grandpa by the shoulder, "Tell me how we should deal with this!"

Joseph stopped shaking and pulled away from you while brushing his grandson's hand off his shoulder, "There's only one way. We need to find Dio! We need to kill Dio and lift the curse! That's all we can do!"

You put a hand on both Jotaro's and Joseph's shoulders, "Tell you what, I'll contact the SPW foundation and bring in the best medical team we have available. That'll give us more time." You gave a determined smile and went to find a phone.

Jotaro watched your leaving form with confusion as he mumbled to himself, "How is it that she has contacts with something like the Speedwagon Foundation?"

Joseph gave a small laugh as he picked up his daughter to take her to a more comfortable resting spot and Avdol started reorganizing the kitchen, "Well of course she's bound to have a few contacts, she owns the whole freakin company."

After making the call, you headed towards Holly's room. As you opened the door, Avdol bumped into you and seemed to be in a hurry. On the wall was a cork board littered with photos of Dio. Holly was resting in the center of the room with Caesar adjusting the wet towel on her forehead. Joseph seemed to have gotten dressed and was standing next to Jotaro. They looked at you expectantly.

You spoke, "They're on their way, they'll be here in two hours at the latest." You pointed in the direction Avdol went, "but what happened with him? Did you guys find something?"

They glanced each other before Jotaro responded, "My Stand found a fly in one of the backgrounds and sketched it, Avdol recognized the specific species."

Holly then shifted in her sleep before opening her eyes, "Papa, I..."

Joseph spoke in a soothing voice, "Just rest. Jotaro, get me water."

The high school student waved his hand before walking out of the room with the faintest hint of a smile on his face. It didn't take long for him to come back holding a glass of water. He handed it to his mother with an unusual gentleness.