Forgiveness? Not Quite

Another few months later you woke up more groggy than usual. You snuggled up against the warmth behind you until you realized you were being held by a pair of strong arms.

"Shhh... Just let me hold you like this." Whispered Dio. "We really need to talk about this, about us." You quickly turned around to face him. His hair was all messy and the green lipstick seemed to have been wiped off at some point. He leaned in closer till his nose touched yours. "It's been more than a year. Don't you think it's time to give me another chance? You don't have to forgive me, I know that's too much to ask. But how can I prove myself to you if I'm not ever even given a chance? If I do anything you don't like, you can always just force me to go away."

You rubbed the bridge of your nose. The pain from the headaches you've had from repressing your Stand for so long seemed to slowly fade away the longer you let him be. "Fine." You didn't trust him by any means, but he did have a point.

He sat up as well, pressing his chest against your back as he helped untangle your messy locks. "I'm so happy, my darling (Y/N). You won't regret this~" But you already were.

Iggy immediately jumped up to his feet and started to bark like crazy when he saw Dio following you out of the room, confusing Santana greatly. "Tiny beast, what is wrong?" A force invisible to him poked his shoulder.

Dio gave a small smirk, "You know, when I first saw you had suddenly brought this man I was worried. Although I see now he is much more like a child of yours than a lover, even if he is apparently older than both our ages combined." The Pillar man moved his hand through the air, still perplexed.

You crouched down in front of the dog, "I know he makes you angry, Iggy. There's no way to just put everything he's done to us behind, but we'll just see how this goes. If he does anything to you, inform me immediately." The dog gave a curt nod before laying back down on the couch with his eyes narrowed at Dio. "And Santana, the invisible presence is that vampire I told you about before. When he died he became" you gestured to your Stand, "that."

Dio laid down on the couch and picked up the TV remote. "I saw that you had one of these and I've been dying to check it out. Come sit with me (Y/N)."

You gave a questioning look as he was taking up the entire couch, "Where?"

He stretched his arms out towards you and motioned for you to get closer, "With me. Come on."

You folded your arms, "No, Dio. I'm not going to sit with you. And sit upright. Santana wants to sit down, too."

Dio pursed his lips together, not exactly fond of you ordering him around, but obliged anyways.But you went to go gather yourself some breakfast in the kitchen, forcing him to follow you due to the range of your Stand, "(Y/N), do you think if I put new clothes on they'd look like they were floating to non Stand users or they'd become invisible along with me?"

"I have no idea. Why don't you just find out for yourself?" You took a sip of your favorite morning beverage as you pulled a curtain to the side to peak out the window. You noticed a lady with reddish hair holding the hand of a small light brown haired child as they walked over to the front door of what had once been Jun'ya's house. Apparently the people who had bought it were finally deciding to move in. A black haired man carried in a few boxes appearing quite bored. Maybe you'd give them a gift or something to welcome them into the neighborhood.

The doorbell rang and you stood up to go answer it. Dio grabbed your cup and set it on the table as he pulled you against his chest, "Don't answer it. I'm sure it's nothing. Santana can get it for us."

The rapid ringing of the doorknob was replaced with a steady knocking on the door. You tried wiggle out of the vampire's hold, "Not when it's still daytime. He'll just turn to stone. So let me go. It sounds like they might break down the-" Before you could finish the sentence, your front door was flung into your hallway, reduced to nothing but splinters.

"(Y/N), are you okay? Did something happen?" Rang out Jotaro's voice as he entered you house.

"I'm in the kitchen, JoJo." At the sound of your voice the Kujo rushed to your location, Star Platinum trailing behind him.

"Why weren't you... oh." His eyes landed on Dio who just smirked as gave a small wave of his hand. "Why is he here?"

You opened your mouth to respond but Dio was quicker, "Because I wanted to be. But feel free to do whatever is it you were going to, Jotaro." He let go of you and took a seat on top of the table, drinking from your cup. "Just act like I'm not here."

You gave your attention to the Kujo, "So, what's with the surprise visit?"

"Do I need a reason to visit you?" Grumbled Jotaro.

You shook your head, "No, of course not. You're free to visit when you want. Although, uh, maybe next time give me a heads up so you don't break down my door because I'm getting groceries or something."

"Okay, fine. Whatever. Just make Dio go away." The vampire started to protest but he was forced to vanish from view anyway. Jotaro took a seat at one of the barstools as you poured him a glass of cold water, waiting for him to enact a conversation.

A few minutes of silence passed before he spoke again, "I'm sorry about the door."

You waved a hand through the air, "Don't worry about it. I'll just call someone up to fix it. Oh, you finished high school not too long ago, right? What are you going to study in college?"

"Marine biology." He took a sip of the water.

"That's cool. Do you know what Kakyoin's doing?"

"Programming. He's thinking of becoming a video game designer." He set the glass down. "What about you. What are you doing now?"

"Not much. Still just keeping an eye over the SPW foundation. Polnareff Land has been a success so far. We get around sixty thousand people a day." As you spoke, Iggy walked into the kitchen. He used his Stand to open up the fridge and pull out the food he wanted before heading back to the living room.

Jotaro stayed the rest of the day, but neither of you talked much. Frankly, it was all very awkward. When it started to get late he just left, and that was that.

As the years passed you were incredibly shocked at the announcement of his wedding and later, a child. Anytime he had visited you since, he never even mentioned either of them. From what you could gather, he was also much more invested in his work life rather than with the one at home.

At some point, Jotaro and Polnareff has gone in search of more Stand arrows as the SPW Foundation had stumbled across some info of more of them having been sold by Enya. Apparently the French man ended up stumbling across something better left untouched while in Italy and you hadn't heard from him since.

Joseph seemed to be starting to lose himself, his mental stability decreasing with each passing day. You weren't sure how many years he had left in him, but Jotaro made mentions of starting a will in the event of his demise. You didn't want to think about it getting to that point. Joseph had cheated death many times, so you somewhat hoped he could do it again.

Kakyoin would visit fairly often. He'd always bring the newest version of his games and watch as you played through them, taking notes throughout most of it. You were his personal beta tester and you didn't mind that in the slightest. The two of you had gone on a few trips together, with his claim of it being research for his next project. You didn't mind being his travel buddy either.

Iggy was on a similar route as Joseph. He was an old dog now that didn't do much else besides sleeping in the comfy chair in the corner of the living room or next to you in your bed. It was something Santana found quite saddening, as the dog was his companion whenever you weren't there.

You had gotten to know your neighbors a bit better. Or at least you and Shinobu were on somewhat friendly terms. Her husband was rarely ever there. Sometimes she'd ask you to babysit her son, Hayato.

In the same time you had simply grown more accustomed to Dio. The vampire had successfully managed to worm his way into a more central part of your life, a fact that he found quite pleasing. He had done a fairly decent job of becoming nicer, or at least pretending to. You weren't aware of this, but he would sometimes make phone calls while you were sleeping. All to a certain religious friend of his.

Eventually it came to a point where many years had passed since the fight resulting in the death of Dio. The year being 1999...