Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Kakyoin rested his head on your lap as you sat on his hospital bed. He was almost entirely better at this point and you gently pulled your fingers through his red locks. He grabbed your hand, stopping you for the moment, "So, um, I guess it's all over now. Are you going to go back to Morioh?"

You gave a small nod, "Yeah. But feel free to visit whenever you want, I'll try to do the same. And if you need anything, and I mean anything, don't be afraid to call me. I'll do whatever I can to help."

"I know, I know. It's just..." He let out a small sigh as he sat up, now staring at the wall instead of you, "I just wish things didn't have to be this way. I really care for you, and I like you, a lot. Maybe that's kind of weird considering the age gap, but you're one of the first people that was actually able to see the other part of me. Even so, when everyone is here, you still look lonely. And it hurts me to think that you'll live your whole life like that. And then... there's Avdol and Caesar, too. They didn't deserve their fates either. And now your Stand is Dio, the person that caused all of this. It's just... not right."

The door slowly creaked open and you and Kakyoin's attention were drawn to Jotaro standing in the doorway. He raised an eyebrow, "Am I interrupting something?"

Kakyoin moved closer to you and brought his knees to his chest while giving an awkward laugh, "No, no. It's fine."

Jotaro sat on the bed next to you, his fingers moved to graze over Dio's bite mark. "Huh, it seems to be getting better."

You gave a small nod, "Yeah, ever since his body burned to ash it started to close up."

He gave low hum, "That's good. But besides that everything is the same?"

"I can still manipulate my blood, if that's what you mean. So, presumably if that still works then so does my immortality." Your hand went to your left ear, "And the moles are still here, too. I think Dio's blood has become too mixed with mine at this point."

There was a loud bark as Iggy ran into the room, testing out the capabilities of his new robotic leg. He dove onto the bed and moved around in a circle before settling down on your lap with his tongue lolling out.

"Where the hell did you go, you stupid mutt!" Polnareff's voice echoed down the hall. He stuck his head into the room, "Hey, (Y/N), have you seen... oh." His voice quieted down when he saw the dog was with you. He walked into the room and plopped down in one of the visitor chairs. "Why is everyone in here? Well, I guess Mr. Joestar isn't-"

Joseph walked into the room while holding a glass bottle of Coca Cola. "Can you believe it cost me an entire dollar to buy a Coke from the vending machine? What is this world coming to? I remember the days when all I needed was a nickel..." He finally became aware of the somewhat dreary atmosphere. He scratched the back of his neck, "So, um... I guess we'll be parting ways tomorrow, right?" He reached over to pat Iggy's head, "You'll finally be able to be free on the streets again. That must make you happy, Iggy."

The dog barked angrily at Joseph and made a point of moving even closer to you. You smiled while gently scratching behind his ears, "It seems like he wants to stay with me."

Polnareff let out an angry and annoyed huff, "Of course he does, stupid dog." Iggy leaped onto Polnareff's head, ripping out his hair using his teeth. The French man screamed and fell out of his chair. He began rolling along the ground in an attempt to stop the tiny beast.

Joseph moved closer to you, keeping his voice low, "(Y/N), are you actually going to take him in? I'm not going to stop you if that's what you want, but a Boston Terrier only has a lifespan of around fourteen years."

Your smile faltered, "I know that. But it's fine. I'll just make sure his life is as long, healthy, and happy as possible." Joseph gave an understanding hum as you moved off the hospital bed to save Polnareff from his attacker. The French man's breathing was erratic but he attempted to calm himself as he fixed his hair. "Oh, Jean. I need to talk to you about something, probably alone."