Curiosity

"We have some strong UV lights that can be brought over real quick if you just give the word." Whispered the guard.

You whispered back to him while waving at Santana, "It's fine. Really. I don't think he's going to try anything." The guard opened his mouth but quickly shut it. Who was he to question your decisions?

The Pillar Man looked around curiously at the rather barren landscape surrounding the building as he walked over to you. His only attire still being the white cloth covering his lower regions. The closer he got to you, the farther the guards went. They were obviously still scared of him. Santana stopped once directly in front of you. He placed a hand on your head, "It is good to see a welcoming face after a short nap. Your subjects are not as..." paused as he searched for the right word, "considerate as you are. Are we going to your residence?" He looped his arm around yours.

"Yeah..." You led him over to your car and opened the door to the passenger's side for him, "Oh, and don't break anything. Please." You walked back over to the driver's side as he took a seat and eyed all the mechanisms that were new to him in awe. You fastened your seat belt and he attempted to mimic your actions only to basically rip the safety device out.

He looked over at you, almost scared, "I-I apologize. I did not mean... I didn't know..."

You patted his shoulder, "Hey, don't worry about it. Just be more careful next time." You put the key in the ignition, the car starting up with a low hum.

"How odd." Muttered Santana. You pushed down on the gas pedal, eventually ending up on a more busy street. The Pillar Man stared out the window curiously, "What do you call these metal beasts?"

"They're called cars." You explained.

His eyes widened, "Really? These things are named after my master? I wasn't aware that humans thought so highly of him..." He pushed one of the buttons on his door, causing his window to roll down. He stuck his head out just as a car zoomed past. He also noticed a car crashed along the side of the road with police already gathering around. "This method of transportation actually seems quite dangerous."

"I suppose it can be." You made it through S city before actually getting to Morioh and pulling into your driveway. "Well, this is home. Someone else is staying with me right now, though. And um, let me just make a rule for you to follow if you really want to stay with me." Santana gave you his full attention, "Don't eat or kill anyone, okay?"

He nodded, "That is reasonable." You opened your door to step out of the car and Santana attempted to do the same. He struggled a bit and began to apply more force, becoming frustrated when it still didn't work. You quickly unlocked his side for him before he broke the door.

You opened the front door to see Iggy just laying on the wooden floor. He seemed to have fallen asleep while waiting for you. You scooped the dog into your arms, careful not to wake him up.

Santana gazed at you with admiration, "Did you tame this tiny animal?"

You shrugged, "Sort of, but not really." You crumpled up the note you had left on the counter. Jun'ya didn't need to see it anymore. Tomorrow you would set the guest room up for Santana after the high school student left. For now, though, you supposed he'd just share your bed. He needed clothes, too. Perhaps you'd go shopping tomorrow as well.

He stared at your table lamp on your bedside table, pulling the small chain over and over again to activate and deactivate the light bulb. After you put Iggy back to bed, you made sure your curtains covered the whole window so no light would peak through in the morning.

You turned around to see the Pillar Man now squishing you're pillows. "I have never slept on a bed like this before. Are you sure it is okay if I lay here with you? Moreover, I usually sleep the day time away instead, but I suppose I should attempt to adapt to your schedule."