Weirdly Quiet Bizarre Town

"Let's ask about a hotel at that restaurant there." Spoke Kakyoin as he pointed at a building.

"But it sure is a weirdly quiet town..." Mumbled Polnareff. "Every other place has been super crowded and noisy."

Joseph waved Polnareff's worries aside, "It's probably because of the fog." The Joestar then pointed at himself with his thumb, "Listen up. In Pakistan, and further west in the Islamic world, this is how you greet people. First you smile and say..." he turned around to face the man outside the restaurant, "Assalamu alaikum!" He was so happy as he spoke, but the man just stared at him while flipping the open sign over to the closed side.

Joseph wanted to better the situation, "E-Er... You didn't have to close up shop so suddenly..." He gave an awkward laugh, "We just want to ask a question. Is there a hotel nearby?" The silence was beginning to really make the Joestar uncomfortable and he waved his hand in front of the guy's face, "Hello?"

"I don't know." Spoke the man before turning around and going into the restaurant.

"Huh?" Joseph reached out towards the man, "Hey, wait a minute. What do you mean, you don't know?" He took a few steps towards him but stopped and rubbed his eyes. "W-What's with this guy...?"

Polnareff spoke, "I'm sure he couldn't understand you because your pronunciation was so bad."

You shook your head, "That can't be it. Joseph's pronunciation was actually pretty solid."

"There's a guy over there, let's ask him." Polnareff walked over to a man leaning against a wall. "Hey, guy! Sorry, but we're looking for a hotel. Preferably a hotel with nice, clean toilets. Do you know any..." He let out a gasp and grabbed the guy by the shoulder, "What's wrong?" The guy fell over and two lizards scittered out of his mouth.

"What?!" Exclaimed everyone in sync.

Caesar stared at the body, "They're dead! And they look so frightened, too!"

"What the hell is this?" Asked the French man, "Why are they lying dead in the road? What was the cause of death? A heart attack? A stroke?"

Jotaro moved closer to the body, "That could be... But it doesn't seem to be an ordinary heart failure."

Polnareff noticed the weapon in the man's hand, "A g-gun! This guy is holding a gun..."

"You just noticed?" Asked Kakyoin.

You crouched down next to the dead man, "There's smoke rising from it. He must have fired it recently. But none of us heard anything, so it must be before we got here. I don't see any bullet wounds though."

You began to lift the man's shirt up, but Joseph grabbed your wrist. "(Y/N), don't just go around touching dead bodies!"

Kakyoin looked around for someone else to talk to and saw a woman holding a baby, "Excuse me, ma'am. Someone has died here, please call the police." The lady turned around to show several pale bumps along her skin, oozing a pale yellow substance.

She brought an arm up to hide it, "Pardon. My acne seems to have festered. By the way, did you need something?"

Kakyoin set aside his disgust and spoke to the woman. "I said I'd like you to call the police."

"The police?" She lowered her arm. "For what?"

Kakyoin was getting angrier with each second he spent talking to the woman, "Look! There's a dead body over there!"

The lady just picked at the lumps on her face and spoke with indifference, "Oh, my. There's a dead body? Is there anything I can do?"

Kakyoin seemed half ready to strangle the lady, "I already asked you to call the police!"