Bittersweet Farewell

You twirled your (f/c) parasol as it rested on your shoulder, shielding your sensitive skin from the sun's rays. You stood in a grassy field, the wind rustling the leaves of the trees from the forest not so far away. Speedwagon was there as well, holding a sledgehammer. The stone mask rested on a rock that was amidst the light green grass. He lifted the hammer and smashed it in the mask causing it to crumble to pieces.

He turned to face you and gave a thumbs up, "Looks like our work here is done!"

You covered your mouth as you laughed, "I hope so, Speedwagon."

The blonde man pouted, "Hey, I told you to call me Robert now that we're, y'know..."

One of your arms pulled him into a side hug and he did the same, "Yeah, it's just weird because I've called you Speedwagon for so long. You'll have to be patient with me."

He tilted Zeppeli's hat towards you, "Of course, I'll always wait for you."

"I really appreciate you, Sp- I mean Robert." You moved to kiss him but pulled back right before your lips touched. You snatched his hat and began running across the field.

Speedwagon blinked quickly, confused, "W-what..." His hand went to his now hatless head and then he looked at your running form. "(Y/N)!"

The two of you ran for a while until Speedwagon caught up to you and tackled your fleeing form. Your rolled around the grass and he hovered above your form and leaned in to kiss you. Just like you, he pulled back right before making contact and took his hat back. He stood up and pulled you to your feet. Both of you dusted yourselves off. The stinging of your skin reminded you of your parasol. You looked around and saw the wind moving it away in short bursts of movement.

Speedwagon freaked out a bit and began pulling you towards the shade of the nearby trees. "Quick (Y/N), get in the shade!"

You stopped him, "It's okay Speedw-" He stared at you, "Robert, I got this." You bit into the pad of your thumb and allowed a long tendril of blood flow out towards your parasol. The red substance wrapped around the handle and brought it back to your waiting hand in only a matter of seconds.

"I could've just gotten it for you. You don't have to hurt yourself for things like this." He looked a tad despondent. You hadn't realized that it him pained him to see you use your ability. He held the hand that you bit.

"Okay, Robert. I'll try." You offered a small smile which he returned in kind. He then pulled you into a tight hug and he didn't want to let go. His eyes fell upon Dio's dark blue scarf that you still wore around your neck. One of his hands moved to fiddle with the smooth cloth.

"Why do you still keep this? Doesn't it pain you to wear something that belonged to that monster?"

One of your hands moved to the hand of his that rested on your scarf, "I use it to cover the bite marks that he made. It seems as though they won't heal like my other wounds."

"But why use his scarf? I can always get you a different one y'know?"

"You don't have to do that...I suppose it is just my memoir of him. I don't really want to forget him."

"It just pains me to see you wear it. Well, I suppose it is just a scarf. It shouldn't matter to me whether you wear it or not." Speedwagon pulled out a pocket watch and flipped open to look at the time. "We should get going, wouldn't want to be late for our reservation." The two of you left the field in fairly awkward silence. You continued twirling your parasol and Speedwagon had picked up his sledgehammer.

Around two months later, you, Speedwagon, Jonathan, and Erina were sitting at a table. Jonathan and Erina had just gotten married and the four of you were enjoying the simple chatter.

"So, where do the two of you plan on taking your honeymoon?" You asked while sipping a bit of the warm drink the newly weds had offered.

The two looked at each other and Jonathan answered, "We'll be going to America. We've heard good things about it."

Speedwagon wrapped an arm around your shoulder, "That sounds like it'll be fun."

Erina set her cup down with a light clincking sound, "What about the two of you?"

You raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"Well, you are a couple, right? Are you going to get married soon? You seem to go well together."

You and Speedwagon looked at each other, away from each other, and then back again. "I think, perhaps we will get married."

Speedwagon joined in, "We'll definitely wait until after you return from your honeymoon, though."

Your looked back to Jonathan and Erina, "When are you going to be leaving?"

Jonathan feigned a hurt expression, "I see you're that eager to get rid of us."

You played along, "Of course, how could I bare to see your face again!" You paused a moment, "But seriously, I don't want to miss a chance to say goodbye when your boat takes off."

Jonathan laughed lightly, "Oh, don't worry. It's not as if that'll be last time you see us. We'll be going in a week, better not miss it."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

A week later you stood in front of the ship that would carry away your dear blue haired friend. You had just hugged Jonathan and Erina before they walked onto the ship. You stood next to the friends you had made along your journey. You chatted with them happily, although Straizo kept giving you odd looks. You looked around the area, hoping to spot Speedwagon who had yet to show up. Your eyes lit up when you saw his form running towards the ship.

"Hey!" He shouted.

Poco turned to the checker hatted man, "Hi, Mr.Speedwagon! You almost missed seeing them off!"

"Sorry I'm late. So where are they?"

You moved towards Speedwagon, "They're already on the ship. It's going to set sail soon."

"Where can I see them?!"

"You might get a better view from over there, I'll go with you."

He began running in the direction you had pointed and you chased after him. He ended up bumping into some people who were carrying a large metal box of sorts. When you neared the box to help Speedwagon back up, you felt an odd pain along your throat, similar to how you had felt right after Dio's apparent defeat. You stared at the coffin like container. You had a bad feeling about it. But you were snapped out of the odd trance by Speedwagon's voice.

"Ouch! What a bunch of louts!"

You pulled the blonde man to his feet, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, It was just a little stumbling."

"Mr. Speedwagon!" You turned to look at Poco, "Look! There they are!" The little boy looked at Jonathan and Erina who were now standing on the deck of the boat. "Hey! Mr. Joestar!"

Speedwagon stood there with his arms crossed as he watched you wave to the newlyweds. He had found that he had become good friends with the Joestar. If they were ever in trouble, he knew you'd likely rush to their aid. He planned to be at you side when it happened, even if he'd just get in the way.

Once the boat left your view, you walked over to Speedwagon who had just been standing there in silence. You stood there and hugged each other for a moment before walking down the street with your head resting along his shoulder. Everything seemed peaceful. The cool breeze flowing through your hair and the faint smell of salt from the sea. You had thought that perhaps your life had gained some stability once again. That was, of course, until you received notice of the tragedy that had befallen your dear friend.

The Ludicrous Escapadeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें