Cute Squirrel

Kars laid motionless on the ground before standing up without even bending his legs. The last few pieces of the shattered mask that were on his face as well as the Red Stone, quickly slid onto the ground.

Everyone stared at the Pillar Man in terrified silence, wondering what he was going to do. Joseph held your slightly shaking form even closer to try and comfort you, although he was terrified just as well. He whispered Kars' name.

"He stood up!" Shouted a German soldier, who was also very frightened.

Stroheim grit his teeth, "Stand your ground! German soldiers cower to no one!" Kars raised his melty Hamon infected arm, goopy flesh slowly dripped off while doing so. "The ultimate being? Foolishness! Nothing can ever achieve perfection!"

"Kars." Joseph said the now ultimate being's name once again. You were starting to wonder if he was stuck in repeat or something.

Stroheim pointed at Kars, trying to find something wrong with him, "Look! His arm! His wound from the Hamon is still smoking! It's spreading to the rest of his body! The Hamon will melt him away! He may've laid the Red Stone in the mask, but he's no different from before! He'll croak just the same! Re-engage the UV amplifiers! We'll finish him for good this time!" He looked to one of his soldiers standing near the mechanism, "Hurry it up!"

The man nodded, "Sir."

You gave a concerned look, "Uh, Stroheim, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I doubt he's the same as before." Everyone's eyes remained on Kars as he began turning his head, looking for something. "Are you oka-" You cut yourself off and tried to get into your head to not be so concerned over the enemy's wellbeing. It shouldn't matter to you if they were okay or not, but it just sort of happened.

"What's gotten into him?" Questioned Smokey. More worried than concerned.

Kars has his eyes locked onto a pair of owls with their talons wrapped around the branch of a leafless tree. He then glanced to the base of the tree where a squirrel was picking at some acorns, before it dropped one and skittered after it as it rolled away. It was kind of adorable. Until Kars' hand became green jelly and turned into a second squirrel.

"W-What the hell?!" Shouted Joseph as he covered your eyes.

You plucked his hand off your face, "JoJo, I've seen much worse than squirrel hands. You don't need to shield me from such a sight." The squirrel jumped from the arm stump and scampered up Kars's arm before nuzzling its head on Kars' cheek. "Awe, that's kind of cute." You whispered quietly.

Joseph heard you though, and whisper shouted back. "You see? This is why I covered your eyes! I knew something like this would happen! I can't have your mind clouded by the cuteness of his pet hand rodent thing."

Speedwagon questioned his sanity, "Am I seeing things? I could've sworn his hand turned into a squirrel!"

The squirrel launched itself from Kars' shoulder towards the other squirrel by the tree. The tree squirrel jumped towards the Kars squirrel seemingly attracted to it.

You tilted your head and rested the side of your face against the palm of your hand as you watched the exchange. "It's too late JoJo! My mind has been swayed. I cannot stop myself from siding with the ultimate being because he has hand squirrels." You said jokingly as you took a step towards the creatures. Although the current situation wasn't really the time for that sort of thing.

Joseph gripped your wrist tightly, "Stop! It's dangerous! Stay away from that squirrel!"

You gave a quiet laugh as you glanced back at the hand squirrel that was now eating the original. "Never mind. Hand squirrels are surprisingly vicious and deadly. Perhaps I will remain on the side of humanity after all." You squinted at the sight, trying to get a better look. "Does it have fangs? Did he seriously create some sort of vampire squirrel? Who does that?! And it's eyes are glowing red! Can it do the Space Ripper Stingy Eyes?!"