Goodbye, Joestar

Jonathan placed the candelabra on the table next to him.

"I found the antidote. Dad just took it. Let (Y/N) go, Dio."

Dio reluctantly loosened the hold he had on you and sat down. Jonathan outstretched his arms and when you got close enough he pulled you into a hug. He leaned close and whispered into your ear.

"I'm so glad you're alright, (Y/N). When I came home to find both you and Dio gone I thought he might have done something." He shifted so only one arm was around you while he talked to Dio.

"Dio, I'm heartbroken. We were raised as brothers and now I have to turn you in."

Dio looked into Jonathan's eyes, "I'm sorry." He adverted his gaze, "You might not believe that, but I mean it. That compassion is very like you. JoJo, this is selfish, but I have a final favor to ask."

He looked back at Jonathan. You could see the confusion on Jonathan's face. He likely expected Dio to resist and frankly, you expected the same.

"Please, give me time. Time to turn myself in. I regret my life until now! Being poor when I was a child made me greedy! What I did was wrong. I tried to poison and rob the man who raised me! I care back to turn myself in."

That was news to you. He hadn't mentioned anything of the sort during your way back home. You were shocked when you saw his eyes tearing up. The clear liquid dripping down his cheeks.

"If I wanted to run, I could've gone anywhere!"

Jonathan tensed up, "T-That's true."

"I want to make amends."

"Careful Jonathan. Don't trust a word that snake says." Hearing the familiar voice you turned to see Speedwagon. So Jonathan had gotten the man to help him after all.

Speedwagon was holding a lit match in front of his face. He smiled at you when your eyes met and then looked back to Dio, "Who am I, you ask? Allow me to introduce myself, even though we've met once before. I'm Robert E.O. Speedwagon, the meddler. I was worried about (Y/N) and Jonathan, so I came back with him."

Speedwagon took a few steps forward and placed a hand on your shoulder while looking at Jonathan. "Since you're her friend, let me tell you something. I was raised in a squalor, and I've seen a lot of lowlifes. My nose knows the difference between good and bad. And this guy smells worse than a pile of puke! I've never met a man as wicked as him! Wicked because of circumstances? No! This man was born bad!"

Speedwagon removed his hand from your shoulder and walked over to a red curtain. "This face is familiar to you, isn't it?" He pulled out an old and scrawny Chinese man. "This man has testified that he sold you the poison." Dio looked angry and perhaps a bit scared.

"I've heard enough." You turned to see the older Joestar with about five members of the police behind him. "This is truly a shame. I put the same love and hope into you as I did my own son."

Jonathan let go of you to go to his father. "Dad, you need rest."

"Right, I'll go to bed now. I don't want to see my son arrested. JoJo, do what you must."

Dio stood up, "So this is the end?"

He heard the odd ramblings of the old man, "They won't catch him. That face and three miles on his ear...he was born with the devil's own luck."

You looked at Dio's ear to see that there were indeed three moles on one of his ears. You hadn't really noticed them before.

"JoJo, I want you to be the one to handcuff me. For our years together."