Pawn

Kars now had you pressed against his muscular body. He had pocketed the Red Stone of Aja at some point, leaving his arms and hands free to hold you. You stared blankly into the distance, still processing what had happened. The light headed feeling that had come with your blood loss was now gone.

Joseph's scream brought you out of your shocked state and you tilted your head to see him amidst a crowd of vampires. He was clearly angry, "K-Kars!" He clenched his fist and glared at the Pillar Man. "You're going down!" He Hamon punched the undead left and right in fury. "Out of my way! I'll split your damned skull!"

You had at first thought he was doing rather well against one hundred or so vampires, until you realized none of them were being hurt by the punches.

Kars watched Joseph's struggle in amusement, "It appears the battle has left you weary. Your breathing is off and your Hamon has weakened. And you're the last of the Hamon users trained by Lisa Lisa! Will you last? Will you last, JoJo?" He slowed down his speech, clearly enjoying himself. "Will you last?" He licked his lips and you couldn't stop the chills that went down your spine.

One of the zombies was about to attack Joseph from behind, you shouted, "Watch out, JoJo!" The Joestar managed to successfully dodge the attack.

Although, you didn't expect the bone shattering slap from Kars. You could feel that your jaw had broken in several places, piercing through your skin. Frightened, you shakily moved your gaze to the Pillar Man. He no longer looked amused, just angry.

His smile was long gone and he narrowed his eyes at you, "Do not speak to the one named JoJo. To disobey this, would be to kill the Hamon Master, I've left her barely alive for this exact purpose." A curved blade came out of his calf and he moved it dangerously close to her neck. "Would you like to be responsible for the death of another one of your comrades?" You vigorously shook your head despite the pain that came from moving it, "Hmmm. Perhaps it is only fair that they all be killed just as mine were. It would give us something to bond about, no?"

There was then a sharp intake of breath from Kars. Your face had now healed back in place enough to allow for a painless movement of the head when seeing what had surprised the Pillar Man. You gasped as well, the sea of vampires were melting before your very eyes from purple lights.

You squinted your eyes and saw the form of Stroheim. His hand touching his forehead in a salute. There seemed to be quite a bit of people behind him. Each had their own pair of UV lights resting on their shoulders.

Stroheim smirked as he spoke, "Listen up, vampires! You'll be facing against Stroheim and the German elite!"

"And the Speedwagon Foundation Scientific Special Forces!" Shouted several people in the crowd behind him.

"JoJo! (Y/N)!" Shouted Speedwagon and Smokey.

Joseph turned to face them and smiled, his eyes filling with hope, "U-Uncle Speedwagon! And Smokey from New York!"

You smiled just as big, but remained silent. You weren't sure if Kars would kill Lisa if you talked to them, and you didn't want to take the chance.

Stroheim quickly removed the top half of his uniform, "My right leg is a bit stiff... but my body has been repaired! Have a taste of our anti-vampire weaponry!" Lights then came out of his shoulders, shining on the undead, "Ultraviolet Ray Blasters!" The people behind him then rushed into the fray.

Speedwagon smiled and glanced at Stroheim, "It was actually the Speedwagon Foundation that miniaturized them. He really loves the limelight!"

Kars watched the spectacle, "Clever humans." He then glanced at the battle field and noticed someone was missing, "Where's JoJo?! He's gone!" You suppressed a smile, not wanting the Pillar Man to know you had seen Joseph slip away earlier. You rather not be hit in such a way again.

Kars turned around to face the Joestar, you were still held tightly against him, "Crafty as ever. Take your eyes off him for a second, and he's already hatching some kind of scheme. Your companions are quite annoying, (Y/N)."

Joseph scowled at Kars, the yellow energy of Hamon swirling around him in intensity. "You crossed a line you shouldn't have crossed." He pointed an accusing finger at the Pillar Man, "You said you'd fight fairly, but you broke your promise to Lisa Lisa! And you betrayed the memory of your fallen comrade, Wamuu!"

Kars smiled smugly, his eyes still narrowed, "Save your indignation, scum... the end justifies the means. All that matters is that the Red Stone is in my hands. Having (Y/N), albeit not initially something I thought I would seek out, was a pleasant surprise. You must expend the least amount of effort while minimizing the danger and avoiding risk, moving your pawns ever so carefully!" He pulled out the Stone, showing it off, "That is a true battle!" Kars put the Stone away and pointed at Joseph, "And now, gradually you'll make your way into my grasp and to your death..."

Joseph grew angrier, not caring for the Pillar Man's ideals. "Let me tell you, Kars! I've never hated anyone more than I hate you!"

"You hate me?" Kars pushed you aside, and you landed on your bum next to Lisa's body. He brought out his forearm blades and beckoned Joseph towards him, "Then show me. One-on-one. We'll fight just as you desired."

Lisa shifted in her wounded state. Joseph gasped, shocked that she was still alive. Kars let out a deep chuckle, "Lisa Lisa is almost dead. I suppose you didn't hear me when I told little (Y/N) here. This was my plan! To leave her hanging on. Now why do you think I would do such a thing?" He nudged Lisa's body, moving it towards you slightly. "She's one of my pawns!"

He bent down slightly, one hand on your shoulder with the other arm's blade nearing Lisa. "A pawn that will ensnare you! It's already worked well enough on (Y/N)," You were startled when he suddenly lifted your legs up off the stone, "It keeps her silent." His fingers danced up and down your legs as he mimicked playing imaginary guitar on them. You blinked rapidly in confusion as to why he was using your legs as an instrument. It was even weirder to see how much Kars seemed to be enjoying himself. What was next, Piano?

Joseph was perhaps more irritated than you were, "Bastard!" Kars let out an excited shout as he stabbed through your foot.

This was, of course, painful, and you clenched your teeth to stop yourself from letting the others know the pain you were actually feeling. To you it didn't matter so much if you were the one receiving the attacks. Better you than Lisa who would not heal so easily.

Kars set your bleeding foot down gentler than you expected him to and moved over to Lisa, wrapping something around her. "I've bound her feet together with this rope!" He tossed the rope over a stone beam above the four of you. "Why am I doing this?" You and Joseph watched wearily, waiting for him to make some sort of move. "Here's why!" He then kicked Lisa off the edge.

"Lisa Lisa!" Shouted Joseph in terror.

You began to dive after her, but Kars was quicker. He pulled you away from the edge and brought you back against his bare chest while whispering into your ear, "Well it's no good if you're the one who stops her from falling." He looked to Joseph who had yet to move. "She wouldn't be much of a pawn if she died, now would she?! If you don't grab that rope, she'll go splat when she hits the ground, JoJo!"

Joseph took hold of the remaining rope before Lisa could die. Kars chuckled madly, truly enjoying the scene before him. He pointed a finger at the struggling Joestar, "Now you can't move. This is what a true battle is, JoJo!"

He gripped your face tightly in one hand and his tongue moved along the side of your face before he licked his lips. He moved his mouth closer to your ear, his voice barely above a whisper, "If you try to interfere with my attack against JoJo, I won't hesitate to cut the rope. Perhaps I'll do something about that mechanical man that seems to know you so well. Or, what was the name of the aged one... Speedwagon? But don't worry, this will be over before you know it."

He then let go of you and began moving towards Joseph, his forearm blades now aglow with his light. "And now, I, Kars, shall enjoy my saunter toward you before I slice you up as you stand there, frozen!"

Joseph watched nervously as Kars slowly approached him. He glanced at your stunned and frightened form, not sure if you'd be able to help. He realized that whatever Kars had said to you was making you think twice about acting against him. Joseph clenched the rope tightly and screamed in rage, "Kars, you bastard! I'll make sure you rot in hell!"