A Chance Has Arrived

You and Dio sat on the red seat. He twirled your hair around his fingers while humming. Every so often he'd bury his nose in the crook of your neck, inhale deeply, and then sigh. You kept glancing at the window. You couldn't help but feel as though Jonathan would enter from it at any moment. Dio noticed your glances and tilted your head towards his.

"Oh?Your still waiting for your dear friends to show up? They're probably dead by now. Even if they do show up, any attempts they'd make to kill me would be muda."

Your eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, "Muda?"

"It's the Japanese word for useless."

"I know that, but why aren't you just saying it in English?"

He adverted his gaze for a bit and his cheeks seemed to regain some color, "I, Dio...just thought it sounded cooler that way."

You chuckled quietly and it might have been the first time you laughed since Dio made you whatever you were. A genuine smile formed on the Vampire's face, he hadn't seen you laugh since he forsook his humanity.

"Well, you do you, I guess..." and your happy mood faded as you wondered if trying to go against Dio really was 'muda'.

He snuggled against you a bit more, wanting the peaceful moment to return. He didn't have to worry about Joestars or Hamon. He could just spend eternity with you. He traced his arms around your no longer warm frame. Would you be able to spend eternity with him? You weren't a vampire or zombie, but you weren't human either. Had you obtained the same immortality a him? His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Enter."

A zombie dragged in another woman. She was wearing a yellow dress and she reminded you of Poco. She was dropped in front of the window. She looked you up and down, not sure how to feel about you. Dio took the flower that he had placed in your hair earlier and twirled it in his fingers while speaking to the female.

"Your youth is blooming just like the flower is. Consider this carefully, mademoiselle." You didn't like where this was going. "If this flower blooms fully, It will only wither away. A shame, don't you think?" Did Dio not have enough zombies already? You really didn't want to have to watch the zombie process again.

"Umm, Dio, don't you already have-"

Dio put a finger to your lips and winked, "Don't worry, darling. It's not a romantic gesture. You know you're the only one for me."

Dio got up and left you sitting on the seat trying to figure out why he thought that was what you were trying to say.

The woman could also tell that you seemed to be worried about her. And thought that perhaps you were not willingly with the demon of a man.

"So, mademoiselle...I offer you a choice. Wouldn't you like to enjoy your youth for all eternity? However, I will not force my friendship upon you, unlike some. You are free to choose your own destiny." You glared at Dio's back. Where was this gentle-manliness when he decided to transform you?

"Devil." This woman was pretty brave to stand up to an actual vampire.

"What's that you said?" Dio leaned closer to the woman, smirking. You got up from your seat and placed a hand on Dio's shoulder and looked at him coldly.

"She obviously doesn't want to join you, just leave her be."

The woman looked at you also a bit surprised that you had stood up for her.

"Very well, my darling (Y/N), I'll stop pestering her. Leave the room, I'll join you in a moment."

You slowly left the room and closed the door behind you. You slowly walked up the stairs to the top of the tower.

Once you had left Dio turned to the girl, "Alas. Though you will soon part, allow me to introduce my companion." A zombie wearing a sack on its head dropped down from the ceiling. "This is the dreaded Doobie. Since my darling is so keen on me leaving you alone I'll leave you in his company instead. Bye, mademoiselle." Dio left and the door closed behind him leaving her alone with the zombie.

You were looking at the ground from the tower, you wondered if you'd survive a drop from that height. You looked at the thumb you had bitten before. Perhaps you could use your blood as a rope. For a brief moment you thought you saw the forms of your friends but you lost sight of them as Dio placed an arm around your waist. He looked into your eyes, he seemed a bit angry.

"You're not thinking of escaping, are you?" You adverted your gaze and he sighed. " I should've taken some precautions anyways." Dio removed his blue scarf and began tying it around your wrists. "This is better than nothing, I suppose. You look better like this anyways."

You heard the sound of approaching footsteps and looked to see who or what it was. You were shocked to see Jonathan standing there. A wave of relief washed over you, so he was okay. You didn't see anyone behind him yet, though. What happened to Speedwagon and Zeppeli?

Dio turned to face Jonathan, one hand held tightly to your wrists. He had thought the man done for, but it seemed he still managed to be a nuisance. Dio tilted his head upwards, looking down on the hamon user.

Jonathan's eyes widened when he saw you. You looked younger, he supposed they had been too late to stop Dio from turning you. He noticed the scarf tied around your wrist, a vampire would easily be able to break through that, perhaps something else had happened to you. Jonathan glared back at the vampire.

"I'm back from Hell, Dio."

"Still alive, JoJo? I suppose that means you defeated my two knights. Seems you were right, (Y/N)."

Four zombies appeared behind you and Dio. "Lord Dio, we await your order to eliminate him!"

"I'll let my fangs make an impression on him!"

"No. This one...This one I'll handle personally. Hold (Y/N) for me. I wouldn't want her interfering with such an important battle." A few pairs of hands grabbed onto you and pulled you away from the blonde vampire, different from the four that spoke before, "Allow me to be frank, JoJo. I didn't want to have to do this personally. We were raised in the same house. Making you undead does not please me. That's why I left this buisness to my knights."

"And what about (Y/N)? Your fine with making her undead?! She's lived with us for years!"

"Ah, (Y/N) is different though. I actually want her to spend an eternity with me. I also didn't make her a zombie like I shall be making you. I suppose I underestimated your capabilities, though. Seeing you alive makes me realize I was too soft of an emperor. Now I will slaughter you without a hint of hesitation!"

Jonathan clenched his fist, angry at all the things the horrid monster before him had done. To go so far as to take away your humanity! "Same here. I'll feel no guilt for killing you!"

Dio raised an arm while speaking, "By the way, what happened to that dapper mustachioed gentleman you were with?" You watched Jonathan's expressions, you also wanted to know why the man was absent. "Did he run off?"

Seeing Jonthan's pained expression you realized that Zeppeli must have died. Your eyes began to water as the truth dawned on you. If the Hamon user was dead, how could Jonathan possibly stand a chance against Dio now? You couldn't even use Hamon anymore! What good would your attacks with blood do against someone who could freeze it?

The blue haired man began to speak again, "Dio, I must express my feelings. This shames me as a gentleman, but...truth be told, I, Jonathan Joestar, will kill you to satisfy my anger!"

Dio positioned his body, ready to attack the Joestar and end this once and for all. "Come, JoJo!"