Survival

"C-Caesar!" You wanted to cry, you really did, but you couldn't. Not now. Not yet. You tried to steady yourself as you stood up, but the shock you were going through wasn't helping in the slightest neither was the image of Caesar's smashed in skull that had engraved itself into your mind. The injured Iggy still struggled to breathe, doing his best to stay alive. The dog was nestled between your arms and he at least felt somewhat safer.

Dio nonchalantly dusted off his hands, "Well, now that that's over and done with..." He reached behind him and pulled knives out of his pocket while showing the ones now within his belt. "I have a way to kill you, Jotaro, so that it doesn't matter how long you can move!" You and Jotaro both gasped, "You've both gone pale. When you saw these knives, you realized that Jotaro will face a more horrific fate than that geezer Joseph." He let out another chuckle, "Though perhaps not as bad as that Zeppeli friend of yours."

Although, this did mean he was still unaware of Joseph being alive. Hopefully it would stay that way. Jotaro grumbled under his breath, "You bastard..." He pushed off the ground with his Stand, zooming away while sending Iggy a nervous glance.

"You cannot escape!" Shouted Dio. "The World!"

Star Platinum was suddenly punching away several knives, but a few still managed to lodge themselves in his chest. Thank goodness for him being smart enough to put books there earlier. He coughed out a bit of blood and started to fall back to the ground, gravity taking its hold.

"It's over." Claimed Dio, as he stood upon a chimney with his arms crossed. "I'll add one more, just to be sure."

When The World took hold of another knife, you just knew he'd aim for the high school student's head. You had no idea if Jotaro had put something to protect himself there as well, so you attempted to perhaps whip the blade back with your blood. This was not much use as you were suddenly within the arms of Dio. His time stop at work once again and a knife seemed to stab through Jotaro's hat and into his skull. You were grateful (if that was even the right word for it) for the fact Dio had merely placed Iggy on the asphalt and hadn't finished the job.

"To be frank," Started Dio, as he kept one hand tight around your waist, "I am relieved that I could finish you quickly, Jotaro." His free hand intertwined with one of yours as he moved it to graze over the star birthmark belonging to Jonathan. "I never thought you would be able to enter my stopped time." He moved your hand to cup his cheek, turning you to look at him instead of the falling Jotaro, "(Y/N), the machines known as automobiles are quite useful, correct? But because everyone has one, the streets become too crowded."

You could hear the thud of Jotaro's body against the pavement as well as the terrified shrieks of onlookers. The vampire continued talking, "So you can see why only I, Dio, should ever have the ability to stop time."

You attempted to turn around and break out of Dio's hold. There was hardly any room for movement, but you needed to see that Jotaro was okay, that he wasn't as hurt as the sound of his collision seemed to suggest.

The vampire only clasped you tighter, his sharp teeth grazing over the shell of your ear. "Please, Darling. Calm down. You wouldn't want to attempt anything rash, would you? That dog you seem to care about is well within the distance I can move while time is stopped, and I'm sure Polnareff isn't too far away either. You wouldn't want anything to happen to them, right?" You went rigid. He placed a kiss on your neck, "Good. I didn't think so."

How did it always end up like this? Pressed against the body of the enemy as they threatened to end the lives of your mortal comrades. Were you weak for going along with them after their threats? Why weren't you stronger? You had been through hell and back, yet every improvement you made was dwarfed by that of the enemy. No matter what you gained, they got more.