I Sea You

Your ran down the halls of the submarine as Joseph spoke, "What?! Jotaro, you answered a phone call from Susie? Damn it... you shouldn't have done that. Well, whatever. Anyway, we'll talk when we get out of this predicament. Leave it to me."

"Do you have a plan?" Asked Jotaro.

"Yeah... a brilliant one." Responded the Joestar. "I Joseph Joestar have been in a number of situations like this." You had a feeling you knew what his plan was.

Kakyoin's feet splashed along the inch of water covering the floor, "What do we do now? I'm not sure if it's us or the Stand that's trapped. Sooner or later, it'll cut its way out of that room and get here!"

Avdol began to run faster, "We are definitely at a disadvantage in this closed space filled with machines. This submarine is done for. We need to abandon it and escape! We just need to surface in Egypt!"

"But we're forty meters below sea level!" Cried out Polnareff. "It's not that deep, but how are we going to get to the surface?" You helped Joseph pulled out all the scuba gear before everyone began putting it on, "Now we're scuba diving?" He stared down at the regulator, "I've never done this before..."

Joseph started running in place, "Hurry up! Step on it!"

Jotaro stared intently at his mask and scuba tank, "Yare yare."

"But I can't make the necessary preparations to dive with this hand." He stared down at his stump as he stopped running, "Help me out, Jotaro."

"Do it yourself." Grumbled back the Kujo.

Caesar sighed and walked over to his friend after having already completed getting himself ready, "I'll help you out, Joseph."

Kakyoin looked at you while he made sure none of his hair got between the goggles and he face, "You haven't put any gear on yet, do you need help?"

You shook your head, "I don't need to breathe, so carrying all that stuff would just slow me down." You put on some goggles, though. You didn't want your eyes burning from the salt water.

The whole submarine shook. Polnareff looked around nervously, "Th-This isn't good!"

"Don't lose your cool!" Spoke Joseph as Caesar helped him fasten the oxygen tanks to his back. "It's time like these when men need to be prepared." He looked over at you, "Oh, and women too, I guess. Who here has scuba dived before?" There was a chorus of not me's in response.

You rose your hand, "I haven't, but I know the equipment well enough."

Avdol has a hand resting on the door of your current room, "The High Priestess is still attacking from the next room! Quickly, teach us how to dive!"

"Don't panic, Avdol." Spoke Joseph as Caesar put the goggles over his friend's eyes before giving the Joestar a childish, almost mocking, pat on the head. "Above all, never panic. That's the most important thing in scuba diving. When you're underwater, for every ten meters you go below the surface, the pressure increases by one atmosphere. At the surface, there's one atmosphere of pressure. We're forty meters below the surface right now, so we'll endure five atmospheres of pressure. If we try to surface immediately, our lungs and blood vessels will burst. We have to go up slowly so our bodies can adjust. We're near the Egyptian coast, so we'll go up the along the sea floor. Now," He put his hand on a red wheel and began to turn it. "I'm going to let water in."

As he did that, you explained the mechanics of the equipment, using Caesar as your model. You picked up the dark grey mouthpiece, "This is a regulator. There's a valve inside that only lets in air from the tank when you breathe in. When you exhale, your breath comes out the left side." Kakyoin put it up to his mouth to practice using it.