Chapter 1

Writer's pov.

Nandini was sitting in the middle of the bed, dressed in bridal wear, waiting for her worst nightmare to enter the room. He was none other than her husband.

She never wanted to marry Manik Malhotra but her father arranged her marriage with him. Manik was her father's business partner and according to him, Manik can be the best husband. The reason behind her denial was because Manik was a divorcee and had a daughter from his 1st marriage. Nandini didn't want to become someone's second choice.

She denied this marriage but her father wasn't ready to take her denial. He was firm regarding his decision and wanted Nandini to agree on it. After a lot of fights, she finally gave in and said yes to this marriage. She thought that maybe Mr. Malhotra will deny it. But to her worst nightmare, he agreed to marry her.

"How can he bloody do this with me? He spoilt my whole life." She thought angrily while fisting her palms.

She was even afraid of his intentions. "What if he tries to harm me or do something without my permission?" Many thoughts were roaming in her head when she heard him entering the bedroom.

He walked towards the bed and sat in front of her. Nandini was continuously looking at her hands which were kept on her lap. He cleared his throat to get her attention but she didn't look up at him. She felt his hand approaching her and she leaned back not wanting him to touch her. Many thoughts were roaming in her brain "He can do many things with me but I am ready with my pepper spray and if that doesn't work then I will even punch him right on his face."

"Nandini." He called her and she slowly looked up at him for the 1st time. She has only seen his pictures before. He wasn't present in any of their marriage functions because of his tight work schedule. He didn't even attend their engagement which angered Nandini a lot.

Manik looked at her face and the look of disappointment was evident in her eyes. He never wanted to spoil her life but his mother insisted on him for this marriage. He even wanted his daughter to get mother's love and so he agreed to the marriage.

He looked at her face and noticed her beautiful features. She was looking eternally beautiful in her wedding dress. The main reason for marrying her was his daughter, Aarohi. But deep down he even wanted a life partner. He was tired of taking all the responsibilities alone and he wanted to share his life with someone.

Nandini felt his intense gaze making her uncomfortable. He noticed the look of discomfort in her eyes and asked. "Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" He asked and she nodded in no.

"You didn't want this marriage, right?" Manik asked and this time she nodded in yes.

"Then why did you agree?" He asked again.

Taking a few deep breaths she replied.
"Because my dad almost forced me and I thought you will deny this marriage." She said in a low tone.

"I am sorry, Nandini." He said with a guilt-filled voice.

Manik took a glass of water kept on the side table and extended it to her. She took the glass from his hand and drank some water. He saw a tear on her cheeks and took his hands near her to whip it. But she moved away not wanting him to touch her.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything with you. I just wanted to wipe that tear." He said and pointed towards her cheeks. She immediately wiped the tear.

"Nandini, you are free to do anything in your life. You can love someone else or if there is a person in your life then tell me right now. I will divorce you as soon as possible." Manik said looking at her.

"I don't love anyone, Mr. Malhotra. It's just I never wanted to be someone's second wife and you even have a daughter. I don't know if I will be able to take responsibility of a child or not. I don't know if I will be able to fulfill the duties of a mother or not." She said in a low tone while looking into his eyes.