Chapter 11

Writer’s pov.

Living room.

Nandini stood there as tears fell from her eyes. She knew that it was her mistake but his words has hurt her a lot. She took some deep breaths and wiped her tears. She picked up her car’s key and left. Only work can distract her from his words. She doesn't want to think about it right now. She went to her hospital and started working.

Manik entered inside his bedroom. He saw his princess sitting on the ground playing with a toy or we can say breaking that toy as she was pulling her toy’s right arm.

Manik walked towards the bed and sat there. He was just thinking about Nandini’s carelessness. He doesn't even want to imagine himself losing Aarohi. She is his life and he cannot imagine his life without her. He looked at Aarohi who is annoyed at her toy. She was making cute angry faces.

“Aaru come here,” Manik called her softly.

“Dady, no let me play,” Aarohi said annoyedly.

“Aaru, right now,” Manik said in a little high tone. Aarohi made a sad pout as she stood up and said to her toy. “You ale a vely bad toy and I will nevel play with you."

She walked towards the bed where her dady was sitting. Manik picked her up and settled her on his lap.

“Baby, if ever I or your muma gets late to pick you then you will directly go to your teacher, okay? Do not go with any stranger, okay?” Manik said caressing her cheeks softly to which Aarohi nodded in yes with a still annoyed face.

“What happened? Why is my baby so grumpy?” Manik asked.

“That toy ish vely bad. He tole my doll's hand and I will nevel play with it.” Aarohi complained.

“Okay baby, throw it away. I will buy you another one.” Manik said and kissed her cheek. She nodded and kept her head on his chest. Manik kept ruffling her hair and she was fast asleep. He placed a kiss on her cheek and adjusted her on the bed.

At night.

It was 9 pm, Nandini entered inside Malhotra Mansion. She was too tired after doing all the pending works. She went inside her bedroom and took a nice shower. She came out and wore something casual. She wondered about Aarohi as she didn’t see her. She went to Nyonika’s room and she knocked on her door.

Nyonika opened the door and smiled seeing her. “Mom, where is Aarohi?” I asked.

“Aarohi was bored, so Manik took her to his office,” Nyonika said with a smile and Nandini nodded in yes with a small fake smile.

Before Nyonika could say or ask anything, Nandini left from there. She went towards the terrace and sat on the swing. Manik’s words “you can never be her real mother” were playing in her head.

“Mom.” Nandini cried as she was very hurt by Manik’s words. She wants to talk to her mother, she wants to share her feelings with her mother but she doesn't want her mother to get tensed.

“I never felt so alone before,” Nandini murmured as few tears left her eyes. Someone cleared his throat getting her attention. She wiped her tears and looked behind to find Manik standing there.

“May I sit?” Manik asked and Nandini nodded in yes. She thought that she was successful in hiding her tears from him but he saw her crying.

Manik sat beside her and said in a low tone “I am sorry Nandini."

“No, I am sorry. It was my mistake.” Nandini said in an emotional tone.

“No Nandini, I am very sorry. I got angry, in the afternoon, because I love her a lot Nandini. She is my life. I cannot even imagine myself living without her. But I am sorry for saying such things. I know you are hurt by my words but please forgive me. I have realized that I don't have any right to get angry at you.” Manik said.