Chapter 34

~A LITTLE PAINFULL PUNISHMENT!~

Writer's pov.

Malhotra office.

Manik's Cabin.

After their kiss, they both settled on the couch which was in the left corner of the Cabin. Nandini was busy admiring the whole cabin while Manik was busy admiring her.

"Liked it?" Manik asked.

"Yup your cabin is beautiful." Nandini said with a smile.

"Thank you." Manik replied with a smile.

Nandini again started looking around and saw Aarohi's picture on his desk. She smiled looking at her picture. There was a small bookshelf on the corner of the Cabin.

Nandini asked excitedly. "You like to read?"

"Naah it's just for show. Actually, mom took the responsibility to design my cabin. So she decided to keep this bookshelf and some books. I don't even know which books are kept there. I and books are not possible." Manik said in a matter of fact tone.

All the excitement in Nandini died listening to this. "You know that I love to read?" Nandini asked.

"Seriously?" Manik asked with disbelief look.

"Yeah, reading gives me pleasure." Nandini said and walked near that shelf. She started looking at the books.

"Dude I seriously don't understand what's in the books that it gives people pleasure?" Manik asked in disbelief.

"You won't understand that Manik." Nandini said and picked up a book from the shelf. She continued. "I am borrowing this book."

"Please take all the books. Because sometimes these books depress me. I will ask a Maid and will shift this whole shelf to our house." Manik said.

Nandini smiled and nodded in yes. Manik looked at Nandini's attire and smiled while complementing. "Someone is looking hot today."

"Actually today I was feeling like getting ready and looking all good." Nandini said.

"Oh, your mood swings are working for my benefits." Manik said with a wink.

"Shut up." Nandini said and sat on the couch again. Manik was going to speak something but Stopped as Nandini asked. "Why you lied to me about Jenny?"

"Which lie?" Manik said.

"That Jenny is your friend. But in reality, she considers you as a big brother." Nandini said in a little firm tone. Listening to this Manik looked at her with a shocked face.

Manik looked at the ground and then at her and said. "Actually I said that Jenny is my friend because I didn't want that in future you misunderstand me if ever you see me kissing Mukti or Navya's forehead. Nandini I know everyone grows into a different lifestyle. You might have got some friends who are not so near to kiss each other's forehead. But I am very near to my friends. And it is always a friendly kiss. So I don't want you to misunderstand me, Nandini."