Chapter 4

Nandini's pov.

"I didn't want to make you feel that you are her maid. From tomorrow you won't do anything related to her. I will tell her that you are not her mother," Manik said this making me shocked. 

"What?" I said in disbelief.

"I will try my best that she don't bother you from now. I am sorry if you ever felt like her maid." He said looking at me in cold tone while I gave him an angry look.

"Are you out of you mind, Mr Malhotra? First of all I never felt like you treated me as Aarohi's maid. Second thing is that in this marriage only Aarohi is the best thing that happened to me. So don't take her away from me. Third thing is that there is no person born on this planet except my father who can force Nandini Singania to do any work. If I am doing something for Aarohi than I am doing it with my will. Got it?" I said in a stern tone while looking at him.

He just can't take Aarohi away from me. I know its just been a day since I met her but I adore her. I don't want her to go away from me.

My trance was broken as Mr Malhotra said "Not Nandini Singania now its Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra." He corrected me with a small smile while I nodded my head with same small smile.

"You heard Abhimanyu's question but not my answer. Abhi is concerned for me just like you are concern for Aarohi. Don't take his concern in a wrong way even he never wanted this marriage." I said.

He looked down at Aarohi and then said.

"Nandini.." he said. I interrupted him by saying. "Mr Malhotra, lets talk in the balcony. We don't want to disturb her sleep, right?"

He nodded and we walked towards the balcony. We entered inside and I closed the door. We both took the seat facing each other and he said.

"Nandini, I don't want to lie to you because it's your right to know everything. The truth is that even I never wanted this marriage but my mother forced me alot. She said that you have no problem with my past and with my child and so I agreed for this marriage." Mr Malhotra said.

I sighed.

Mr Malhotra continued. "The main reason for marrying you was Aarohi. I got married to you only for Aarohi." Hearing this I fisted my fingers.

"Mr Malhotra, no one wants to get married like this, like us. You are complete stranger to me and that too a divorcee with a child.
Don't you think that you are selfish to marry someone only for your daughter?" I asked. He looked at me with serious face.

"Nandini, it hurts when you know that your child needs a mother, but you can't do anything to fulfill her wish. It hurts to lie to you child every time she asks about her mother. It hurts when everyday she cries but you don't know how to handle her. If you think that marrying you for Aarohi is my selfishness, than I am selfish." He said in a serious tone.

"Just for once imagine yourself standing at my place and now tell me what will you do?" He asked.

I looked down as I don't have any answer but he was right. Every child needs a mother and I would've been done the same thing that he did. Even I would've married someone for my child.

There was complete silence for few minutes and then he spoke. "I had an arrange marriage with Soha and on first night itself she said to me that She wants a baby. I never wanted a baby so early as I always wished to have a baby after few years of marriage. So that I and my wife have enough time for each other before baby. But she was adamant to have a child." Mr Malhotra took some deep breath and continued.