Chapter 45

~THE SILENT TREATMENT~

Next day.

Writers pov.

Manik opened his eyes slowly and sat on the bed while holding his head. he was having a bad headache. He looked besides him and saw Nandini sleeping. He smiled looking at her peaceful face. But suddenly he realized something. He got shocked as he realized that he was not wearing anything underneath the duvet. His eyes widen in more shock as he saw his and Nandini's clothes discarded on the floor.

"What happened yesterday?" Manik thought and tried to remember the stuff. He remembered that they were knocked out because of the vine.

He remembered about the hickey which Nandini asked and then they actually fell on the pool of desires. As they undressed themselves and consummated their marriage.

Manik looked at Nandini with horrified expression. "Oh god." He whispered and looked at Nandini.

"It happened that too in a drunk state." Manik whispered not able to believe their yesterday's action.

"She won't like it and this might affect us." Manik thought looking at her face. "It's all because of me. I should have been sober when I knew that she was drunk."

Manik stood up and wore his pants. He walked towards the washroom after taking towel and his clothes for a bath. He immediately took a nice bath and came out only to see Nandini was awake. She was sitting on the bed while holding the duvet near her chest. She was looking on the ground seeing their discarded clothes.

He saw her horrified expression and sighed as he was expecting this to come.

"Nandini." He called her slowly. She looked at him and immediately widen her eyes and she took the duvet and covered herself properly. A tear left her eye and he saw look of discomfort in her eyes.

She didn't said anything but just kept looking at him with teary eyes.

"Go and take a bath." Manik said in a low tone.

She just nodded in yes as more tears formed in her eyes. She was not able to believe the thing happened yesterday. She was not ready for this.

She didn't know how she will walk from bed to the bathroom naked in front of him. Suddenly Manik walked to the balcony and closed the door behind him understanding her discomfort.

Nandini sighed as she stood up and picked up all her discarded clothes. She immediately rushed towards the bathroom with a towel and new clothes. As she entered inside she bursted out in tears. She didn't want this. Specially not like this in a drunk state.

Manik came out of the balcony as he heard bathroom's door got locked. He heard Nandini's muffled cries from bathroom making him sad. "If she was drunk than it was my responsibility as a husband to remain sober and take care of her. But what I did." He whispered to himself in disbelief. "I hope this doesn't ruin us."

Soon Nandini came out wearing a blue skin fitting jeans and a casual tshirt. Manik saw her eyes red knowing that she cried.

Nandini didn't looked in his eyes as she didn't knew how to face him after yesterday's night.

She brushed her hair and made a pony tail. She was going to wear her earrings but she heard a knock. Manik stood up and opened the door as he saw Aarohi standing their in her night suit with half opened eyes. Manik smiled as he picked her up. He saw Nyonika standing right behind Aarohi.