Chapter 23

~STEP MOTHER?~

Writer’s pov.

Same night.

“Come on guys take a seat.” Nandini said welcoming them. They all took a seat except Nandini and alya. There was space beside Manik. Nandini smiled and walked near him to sit there. But before she could, Alya sat beside him.

This was a shock for both Nandini and Manik. Manik looked at Nandini who glared at him. While Alya had a smirk.

Manik knew that Nandini doesn’t like Alya. And by doing this, Alya is giving Nandini more reasons to hate her.

Nandini angrily looked around to find a place to sit but there was no place. She fisted her hand in annoyance. She turned around but stopped as Manik held her hand.

Nandini looked at him, he pulled her gently towards him. He stood up and said.

“Sit here Nandini, I will bring a chair from the dinning table and will sit on it.” Manik said softly. Alya fumed in anger seeing this.

“Why don’t you make Nandini sit on your lap. In this way, you both will get a place to sit.” Aryaman said who heard Manik.

“Well, I don’t mind.” Manik said looking at Nandini. Nandini blushed and looked down.

“I think even Nandini don’t mind, right?” Aryaman asked Nandini. Before she can say anything, Alya said.

“Of course she minds. It’s Manik’s lap, not a chair. And if Nandini sat on his lap then his legs can pain. Why don’t you sit on a chair, Nandini?” Alya asked.

Nandini looked down in anger. Manik saw her anger and thought. “Oh god, if I don’t do anything then this angry bird will fight a 3rd world war with Alya.”

Manik immediately sat on the couch beside Alya and pulled Nandini. Nandini sat on his lap with wide shocked eyes.

“Well, Alya don’t worry. Nandini can never hurt me.” Manik said with a smile. Nandini smiled listening to this.

Nandini whispered. “Tell me something, why are acting so cheesy? I mean you made me sit on your lap.”

Manik rolled his eyes and whispered. “Even this is because of you. I saw you getting angry on Alya. If I wouldn’t have done something then u would have fought a 3rd world war with her. I don’t want your volcano to burst.”

Nandini giggled hearing this. All this while Alya was fuming in anger seeing them sitting in such position.

“Guys.” Cabir said. Manan looked at him.

“Do you both even remember that we all are present here?” Cabir asked.

Manik laughed and said. “Yeah don’t worry we know you all are here.”

“So Nandini tell us something about you.” Mukti asked.

Nandini smiled and said. “Mukti I am a cardiologist.”