Chapter 42

~THE RIDE TO MAHABALESHWAR~

Next morning.

Writer's pov.

"Manik wake up." Nandini said with frowns on her face. It has been 30 minutes that she is trying to wake him up. But no response.

"Sleepyhead." Nandini said in anger. She looked at her watch to see it was already 4 am.

Yesterday they had decided to leave till 4:30 am so that they can reach Mahabaleshwar till afternoon. But here it's 4 am and still, he is not awake.

Nandini then looked at Aarohi who was also sleeping while hugging her father. She slowly took Manik's arm away from Aarohi and slowly took Aarohi a little away from Manik.

Nandini saw frowns appearing on Manik's face. He extended his hand to hug Aarohi again but Nandini held his hand and didn't let him do so.

But the next moment, Manik held Nandini's hand and pulled her near him. She fell beside him and he hugged her tightly. She again saw him getting into a deep slumber making her sigh in disbelief.

"Fine you just sleep and I will take mom and Aarohi to Mahabaleshwar. Even I know how to drive the Car. We don't need you, Manik." Nandini said a little loudly so that he listens.

Manik made a grumpy face and he opened his eyes. Nandini glared at him and pushed his hand away which was on her waist.

"You sleep." Nandini said angrily and stood up to leave but Manik held her hand and slowly pulled her towards him.

"Shh." He said.

"You guys are not going anywhere without me." Manik said to her while she just glared at him.

"Oh god, you are such a cute angry bird." Manik said with a smile seeing her cute angry face.

"Shut up." Nandini said beating his shoulder.

'Ouch' he murmured while laughing.

"Now will you get up? We are already late." Nandini said.

"Yup." Manik said and got up after kissing her forehead.

He saw Aarohi still sleeping and looked at Nandini saying. "Why didn't you wake her up?"

"I will wake her up after 10 minutes. 1st you go and take your shower." Nandini said.

Manik nodded in yes and went inside the shower to take a bath. After 10 minutes, he came out and saw Aarohi in Nandini's arms, half asleep.

"Baby wake up. You don't want to go to Mahabaleshwar for holidays?" As Nandini said "holidays" Aarohi opened her eyes a little and just nodded in yes.

"Okay, let's go and take bath." Nandini said and took Aarohi inside the bathroom. She immediately brushed her teeth and gave her a nice bath. Now she was wide awake and was talking with Nandini that she wants to take her teddy to Mahabaleshwar.

"But baby, why you want to take that teddy?" Nandini asked.

"Muma, teddy calt shtay away flom me. Sho I have to take him. He wolt distulb us, I plomise." Aarohi said with a pout.