Chapter 39

~I LOVE YOU~

Writer's pov.

The ride from their house to the party was totally silent. Both were in their own imagination land. Nandini was trying to get the courage to confess him the truth and Manik was thinking all the possibility if Nandini ends this relationship.

He knew that if this relationship ends then it effects will be on him as well as on Aarohi. He was too much worried about his baby girl. He doesn't want Aarohi to again get devoid of Mother's love. And he himself loved Nandini so much to not end this relationship.

Manik and Nandini entered inside the party with Manik's hand on Nandini's waist, looking like a beautiful couple. Manik scanned around and saw the newly wedded couple standing on the stage. They walked towards them to meet them and congratulate them on their wedding.

They got up on the stage and went near the couple.

"Congratulations Manav." Manik said hugging Manav tightly.

"Congratulations Mrs. Aarora." Manik said looking at Manav's wife whose Name he didn't know.

"Thank you so much, Manik." Manav and his wife said with a smile.

"Meet my wife, Nandini." Manik introduced Nandini to them.

"Hello, Mrs. Malhotra. Nice to see you here. And guys meet my wife, Naina." Manav said introducing his wife as well.

Nandini congratulated them and handed over the gift to them. Naina thanked her and kept the gift on the side table with other gifts.

"Naina, even they got married just a month back." Manav said to Naina. Naina smiled and hugged Nandini saying. "Congratulation for your marriage as well."

Nandini smiled and thanked her.
"But this is not fair Manik. You didn't even call us to your marriage." Manav complained. Manav and Manik were very good friends along with being business partners. They know each other from years now.

"Actually we kept our wedding very small and only our family members were present. But I will surely give you guys a party of my marriage." Manik said.

"Of course you have to give us a big party and where is your doll?" Manav asked about Aarohi.

"As it was a kind of business party, so I thought it will be boring for Aarohi. So she is at home with her grandmother." Nandini said.

"Oh god, you guys should have brought her here. You know Naina, Aarohi is such a beautiful girl. I mean you guys are blessed to have such a beautiful daughter." Manav said.

Naina frowned listening about their daughter. "But Manav, their marriage just completed one month then how baby?" Naina asked in a low tone but still, it was heard by Manik and Nandini.

Nandini smiled and answered without any hesitation. "Naina, Aarohi is Manik and his 1st wife's daughter."

Naina just nodded in yes now regretting asking this question. While Manik smiled seeing how confidently and without any hesitation, she answered this question. This showed him that she is not at all affected by his past.

But he again remembered her words that she is confused for him and he became sad.

"Guys enjoy the party, if you guys need anything then you can inform us." Manav said.

Manik and Nandini greeted them bye and they stepped down from the stage. Manik was again holding her waist as she has drapped her saree in a way that it was fully visible. He has no problem with her dressing style but its just that there are more Man and fewer women present at the party. And he doesn't want anyone's else to fall on her.

"Nandini, you want something for a drink?" Manik asked in a low tone.

Nandini nodded in yes, observing his change of behavior. He just nodded and left towards the bar area and ordered drinks for them. Even Nandini went near him as she didn't want to stand alone between people who are total strangers for them.

Manik turned around and saw Nandini standing right beside him. He handed over her drink to her. They started sipping the drink in total silence. It was 1st time when they were with each other and there is total silence between them. Or else Manik talk with her, flirt with her. But today he was doing nothing.

They both wanted to talk with each other but were not able to start the conversation. Both sighed and called each other's name together. They looked down and again said together. "I want to talk with you."

They looked down and again silence spread between them. Manik looked at her and as he saw she is not speaking so he said. "Nandini you said that tonight you will tell me about your feelings. So what are your feelings for me?"

But before Nandini can answer, Manav spoke on the mike. "Guys, Tonight is a celebration of love. So all the couples here, come to the dance floor. Dj play some romantic songs."

Nandini looked at Manik and extended her hand towards him.
"I don't want to dance." Manik said in a low tone looking at her.

"But I want to." Nandini said and almost pulled Manik towards the center where couples were dancing.

She placed his hands on her waist and kept her hands on his chest. They started moving slowly on the beat. Nandini was keenly looking into his eyes but he was not looking in her eyes.

"Look at me, Manik." Nandini said cupping his face.

"No."

"Why?"

"I am afraid, you will see my emotional side." Manik said.

"Does this relationship affect you this much Manik?" Nandini asked looking at him.

Manik smiled and nodded in no. "No, it doesn't affect me at all. All these days I was just pretending to be in love with you."

Nandini got the sarcasm in it.
"And moreover, even it will affect Aarohi. Again she will be affected because of her parent's drifts." Manik said with a moist eye not wanting his baby to suffer everything again.

"But that's fine. If you don't love me then I can't keep you with me. I am sure with time, Aarohi and me, we both will be able to live without you." Manik again spoke looking everywhere but Nandini.

"And about our parents then I will tell them it's my fault, they won't say anything to you. I will give you divorce..." Manik again said but stopped as Nandini kept her hand on his mouth.

She leaned towards his ears and whispered. "I love you."

To be continued..

How's it, guys? I guess now it high time for Nandini to realize her love. I hope you guys liked it.

I have updated 2nd part of "our beautiful nights" do check it out, guys.

BY J.