2.0 Dempsey x Depressed! Reader

Requested!

For a friend of mine, IHaveTooManyIssues. Here it is^^
_____

Sitting on a crate near the cool cement wall you leaned your head against it and let your thoughts become the best of you. You were bad you knew it. Everyone hates you, you were an experiment gone wrong. How could you survive? Good people deserve good things and get a long healthy life.

Yet here you were, everyday, these zombies remind you that your alive and you hate it. The pain reminds you that you haven't left this world, that your still living a nightmare. All you ever wanted was to go home and be with everyone you loved...with Dempsey. He may have not even loved you like you thought. Maybe it was all just a lie, a trick to get all the good and smart information out of you, to later throw you away?

Who knows, you just knew that you were badly in love at this point, there was just no backing out. "Love, you alright?" Tanks rough voice called out and caught your attention. "Yeah, why?" "You seem.. a little..- you just took off" "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling well" you closed your eyes and heard the waves crash against the docks. The salty smell of the ocean invaded your nose and the cool breeze became chilly all of a sudden. Shivering and shrinking back you leaned into Dempsey.

He moved away from you, of course he would. His love was a show, it wasn't real. You kept your eyes shut, "j-just tell me you love me...even if it's fake I'll take it" your voice cracked at the thought of Dempsey turning on you and leaving you. "What? No I love you, I swear" his jacket embraced your body and warmth soon replaced the cool air. His arms wrapped around your waist and brought you into his lap. Before holding you, he zipped up the jacket and held you close.

"You can tell me what's wrong" his voice was gentle, it wasn't the loud marine always yelling and screaming. He was soft and gentle, his voice calmed you down. You didn't want to tell him, he'd just baby you and make you take breaks from the things you do good at. He'd be to overprotective and demanding when it came to your health. Sometimes you needed to be yelled at, get things through your head.

"I-I just.. I can't" "and why the hell not?" "Because-" "go on" he urged you, he didn't sound mad or upset. He sounded understanding and comforting. "You know what? Never mind" you felt bad because your were hiding things from him, maybe that's what made you bad. Always hiding from him and not telling him things that made holes and dents on in your life.

"Cause the same thing happened to me" now it was his turn to sound sad and feel guilty. You hated that he felt this way, you made him feel this way. "I didn't feel like I was in the right place before, the world was cruel and I was so innocent. I thought war was just another fairy tail. I was so lonely, then when I turned 18 I straight away signed my life into the marines. That was my escape, little did I know. I was signing up for my literal nightmare. You have to fight your fears with bravery and confidence. I was suppose to go to some abandoned asylum in Germany. I was scared, but I had faith in myself that everything would turn out alright. Now this shit is on my plate again. Fighting against the world, but ain't nobody I'd rather fight it but with you"

The smile made its way on his face. And he sounded happy, he bottled all that up, and you had a feeling he never told anyone. "I just really want you to stay with me" his cheek nuzzled yours. Your thoughts made you realize that you weren't fighting by yourself. But you had your lover. Both of you had the same experience and it made you both even stronger.

Your arms in the over sized sleeves found themselves tucked under Dempsey's arms. The grey shirt he wore smelled absolutely heavenly. "I love you...and that's not fake" his breath was even and calm, you swore you could hear your own heartbeat. "Just promise me you'll never leave me", you guess he had the same question about you. "I'll never leave" your voice echoed in his head, making him smile and hide his face in your neck. Your eyes closed.

You didn't need to tell personal stuff, but you did need to hear someone else's story to understand yours. You loved Dempsey with all your heart, you just needed to keep fighting for the life you always wanted.
_____
I actually had about 4-5 people request this but my friend was the one who requested it first. Thank you all, and request are open:)