Richtofen X Reader Early Christmas

Sorry this was requested earlier this month, maybe in November..? I'm not sure, keep in mind the people who did request a chapter, I'm still going to do them, but I'm just a little busy especially with Christmas around the corner. Anyways I'll stop typing:)
_____

Christmas. The holiday everyone enjoys, family comes together or your loved ones surround you. A tradition where you and loved one set up Christmas lights, a tree, make hot chocolate and open gifts.

But not for Richtofen. He didn't like his childhood very much, especially the way his family treated him. They never celebrated holidays or even got together for a party. His life was rather dull and boring, the most fun he ever got was probably making his sister feel sad by breaking her dolls. Which usually ended up with his mom getting mad, what scared him the most was his dad. He wasn't a good man.

The time both he and his sister were so excited for was Christmas. They loved the colorful lights, the cookies, Santa, and most of all toys. They always asked their parents to celebrate but it ended up with the parents saying no and that they were bad children. That Krampus would come and take them because of what they did, and what they were doing. It scared Richtofen and his sister the most because they actually believed in Santa.

Year after year the excitement died down until they fully excepted that they weren't ever going to celebrate the holidays. They still believed in Santa, well Richtofen did, maybe his sister did too because she never did anything wrong. Then when he was orphaned, it was the same. He'd see the lights lighten up the streets hanging from tree to tree and building to building from inside his room. Watching kids walk happily back home with their parents after shopping. He always wanted that, why was it so hard to have one of those?

-

"Liebe what's this about?" "Hush, come on" you pushed Richtofen out the door and he happily obliged and waited for you. Once you locked the door you turned to him and smiled, "I want to take you somewhere" you told him and your arms looped around his, his hand acted on instinct and grabbed yours while putting it in his pocket. "Care to tell me?" He asked curiously while smiling "no, not yet. You have to see for yourself" you answered as you both walked down the street. He watched families set up trees and play outside, he smiled for them.

"We're almost there, keep your head down and don't look" "I don't like where this is going but alright" his eyes watched as his feet crunched in the fresh snow and left behind his tracks. "Can you see what it is from the bottom?" "Nein, was I suppose to?" "No! Close your eyes" he did as told and hoped you would let him crash into anything. The sound of people making sounds of fascination and joy surrounded him. He wanted to look but didn't want to upset you so he left it. "Ok...you can look now" you said joyfully. His eyes fluttered open and he was standing in middle of a park, with lights shining all around him. The trees were shining green, and decorations/statues that were in shapes of presents and deers were littered around the ground. Plastic trees with small presents under them were by the gated and a real giant tree right in middle of the park.

Ornaments spread across the pine needles with snow lightly dusting the tree was something all to new to him. You watched in awe as you seen him turn and look at the decorations with a sparkle in his eyes. The sight of him enjoying himself was adorable, what's even better is when he looked at the giant tree and the snow fell behind him. The lights danced on his clothes and his face, you couldn't explain how he looked. Once he seen the whole thing he turned to you and smiled. You've known about his past so you wanted to give him a better Christmas, one he's never had. He smiled and hugged you, he laughed and continued to look at the lights.

"Do you mind, if we go walk around?" He asked shyly and grabbed your hand. You nodded in excitement and took you around. "You know, when I was smaller, I always seen these, but never went to one. Both in my house and in the orphanage, it's a lot more than I expected" Richtofen confessed while looking at the Penguins that had Christmas hats and scarves on. He booped their noses and moved on. "It's getting cold, let's head back Yeah?" He asked with a smile on his face. "If that's what you want" you'd do anything to see Richtofen have the perfect Christmas.