1

The lingering moon hung in the night sky like a hook, and the Jackdaws cried a mournful tune.

The Forbidden Room in Qingyun Sect was dark, and the disgusting stench of blood was thick enough to taste.

Eighteen bone-piercing nails penetrated the man's limbs, chest, and abdomen, pinning his lean body firmly to the stone wall. Blood had been dripping from the body for several days, condensing from bright red into a dark brown.

Pain usurped his consciousness, and his head hung in a hazy, disoriented manner. The dazzling, beautiful face of the past was now bloodless and pale. But, the dark red teardrop mole underneath his left eye still gave him a devastating beauty.

Just like a flower that had bloomed too much and would soon be ruined by death.

In the silence, the sound of the door opening emitted a clear whisper.

"Master." Yan Jin walked slowly in front of him, his expression ice-cold as he mockingly said, "Can you still endure ten thousand cuts?"

The person on the wall ignored him. The sound of breathing was nonexistent, and only the slight undulations of his chest indicated that he still clung to life.

But death was approaching.

Yan Jin's dark eyebrows drew down, and his long fingers pinched the man's delicate chin. With barely any effort, he pushed the man's head up.

On Yan Jin's wrist was a white brocade band adorned with a little white jade, and it shook gently as he moved. He coldly said, "Consider this as a repayment for destroying my spirit root."

These words seemed to shock the dying man in front of him, and his lips parted to emit a broken breath. "Yan...Yan..."

There was a strong taste of rust in his mouth, and when he coughed, scarlet blood spilled from his lips. The blood moistened his throat enough for him to rasp a name. "Yan Jin..."

He could only see a vague shadow in front of him. The man closed his eyes and on his lips came a small, strange smile. "Are you going to kill me? You will regret it."

He panted, murmuring, "The person you kill will be him...You're going to kill him..."

This remark was confusing and incoherent. Yan Jin's expression grew colder, and he moved his hand to the fragile neck, clenching without hesitation

"Ah!"

The person wrenched out of his sluggishness and suddenly opened his eyes. His pupils flashed vacantly and strangely. Then, realizing the situation at hand, he immediately collapsed briefly before struggling to free himself, his pale lips trembling. There was something he wanted to say--

But the blood-soaked spikes firmly imprisoned him, and Yan Jin no longer wanted to listen to him.

The sound of bones shattering and disintegrating lingered, then dissipated.

The dust had settled.

....

It hurt!

It was like someone had ran a knife across his skin and pulled out all his muscles and tendons. The pain came from deep within the bones, making the soul tremble and thrash under the agony. But, the mind was clear with despair.