58

The bald monk hid behind Shen Zhixian. Now that he was being shielded by Shen Zhixian and Yan Jin, he seemed to feel a lot more relieved. He loudly yelled, “Honestly, I already told you. I didn’t do anything wrong this time. You can’t hit me!”

The cold-faced man named Chen Lie looked indifferently at him. With eyes thickly laced with frost, he asked coldly, “Where is Si Fei?”

The bald monk moved his neck back and refuted him, “I already told this child. You shouldn’t be bothered with A’fei. Our family A’fei is extremely good!”

Chen Lie stared at the bald monk for quite a while before he gave Shen Zhixian a slight nod and coldly said, “Right now, his words are not right. This person likes babbling nonsense and can’t distinguish between right or wrong.”

His phrase “babbling nonsense” was aimed at the bald monk and had nothing to do with Shen Zhixian.

Shen Zhixian had no opinions regarding his treatments of the bald monk; this was a private matter between the two of them. However, he did have an opinion on Chen Lie wanting to kill the bald monk...Therefore, he was happy to listen.

Shen Zhixian also wore an indifferent expression as he said, “Dare I ask who this person is…”

Chen Lie was accustomed to treating others with a kind of chilly arrogance. His long explanation just now was already very rare. At this time, he only said coldly, “Mingzhou, Chen Lie.”

Right after saying this, he got up to leave.

As he walked past Shen Zhixian’s table, he looked at the bald monk, his eyes showing a deep hatred. “Sooner or later, the day will come when I’ll destroy all that sin.”

The bald monk grinned at him. “It didn’t ask you or mess with you. Why do you chase after it?”

“A place that shelters evil cannot exist under the Heavens.”

After he left, the bald monk quietly mumbled, “Obtuse boy.”

“Who was that?”

“That man came from Mingzhou Sect. He’d vowed to punish evil, promote goodness, and rid the world of any defilements.” Although the bald monk spoke with a smile, there was a slight irony in his words. He sighed faintly. “He said that the Undead City is the most dirty place in the world, and sooner or later, it will be destroyed.”

Shen Zhixian lowered his eyes. “The Undead City overflows with thousands of demons and devils...so, it’s really like this. The Si Fei he’d mentioned...is a person from the Undead City?”

“He’s the Lord of the Undead City.” The bald monk chuckled. “In this world, there are too many things that may not be what they seem. It looks like this, but in fact..."

He stopped, shook his head, smiled and sighed again.

Shen Zhixian asked, "What is it actually?"

At that moment, the waiter shouted “Here it comes!” and put four baskets of meat buns on the table. The bald monk’s eyes immediately brightened and he rubbed his hands together. Too overeager, he grabbed a bun in each hand, not caring that they were still scalding hot. “He’s actually just like the bald monk. He looks like he loves steamed buns, but he actually really loves meat buns.”

He drooled as he looked at the two meat buns. “Ah, really fragrant! I love meat buns, ah!"

Shen Zhixian knew that he was deliberately changing the topic. He no longer asked and only said, “You always talk about steamed buns, so I thought you only eat steamed buns.”

“If I have money, would I be eating steamed buns everyday? Meat buns are really delicious!” The bald monk had already bitten off half of the bun and chewed quickly. “Mainly, it’s because there’s no money… I’m a penniless bald monk ... "