53

This chubby youth was A’Lin, who should have been with Yu Yuan in town.

Lin Qin blurted out, “Junior Brother A’Lin!”

A’Lin heard him called but didn’t look back.  He continued to speak, saying words that he’d probably wanted to say for a long time. Although he was stammering due to the tension, his words were still quite clear.

He talked about everything that had happened in recent days and requested to hand over the matter regarding Yan Jin. Finally, he said in a trembling voice, "Junior was inattentive and caused a big disaster. Regarding my senior brothers’ blame, I have nothing to say. I only sincerely request that spiritual master provide one or two pointers. If there is a way to get Senior Brother Zhang’s statement to clear my name, then I would die without regret.”

As A’Lin spoke, his tone was mournful yet slightly courageous. Listening to him, Lin Qin couldn’t help but feel upset. He said, “Junior Brother A’Lin, we don’t blame you…”

A’Lin turned to look at him. In the past few days, he’d suffered a lot in his heart. He was obviously thinner, and his cheeks were sunken. His expression was desolate as he said, "I know that my disciple brothers have been avoiding me these past few days. Senior Brother Yuan also sent a letter to master, requesting that martial uncle come and take me back...None of you believe me.”

Lin Qin was momentarily speechless. He opened his mouth but couldn't say anything. In the end, he could only stand up and treat Spiritual Master Qiongyu with utmost courtesy. "Spiritual master, please forgive my junior brother’s rudeness. Regarding this matter, we can’t determine the truth and so we would like to ask spiritual master for a pointer or two…"

This was basically the same as A'Lin's words.

Spiritual Master Qiongyu’s expression turned grave. He supported Lin Qin up with one hand and said, “Where is Yan Jin right now?”

.....

In the small town at the foot of Qiongyu Sect’s mountain, Yu Yuan forced himself to remain calm. “Think again. When and where was the last time you saw Junior Brother A’Lin?”

The youth said, ”One hour ago, Junior Brother A’Lin said that he was hungry and wanted to go out and buy some buns that were being sold by the side of the inn. I could see him from where I stood just outside the door. So I didn’t keep up. I just looked at him from the door. As Junior Brother A’Lin was paying, suddenly a child ran out, causing a group of people to chase after him. After the chaotic group of people ran over, Junior Brother A’Lin was gone."

He added in a low voice, “...I thought Junior Brother A’Lin was pushed away by the crowd and so I waited. But, after a while, I still didn’t see him. I searched everywhere but couldn’t find him.”

Yu Yuan said anxiously, “Martial uncle is coming. Junior Brother A’Lin must not have any mishaps….” He paused. Taking a deep breath, he forced his expression to remain calm, not wanting to cause any more panic. “Search again…”

Before he could finish the rest of his words, he was interrupted by a voice outside saying “Senior Brother Yuan.”

It was Lin Qin's voice.

Lin Qin had already met with Spiritual Master Qiongyu and returned?

Yu Yuan momentarily put down other thoughts and walked out quickly. But, the moment he went out, he became stunned.

Lin Qin was back with Spiritual Master Qiongyu’s junior disciple, Spiritual Master Qi Yu. And the person standing next to him...Wasn’t that the A’Lin who’d gone missing again?