18

After the teleportation was completed, the fog dissipated. Once he became more clear headed, Yan Jin uneasily tried to pull his hand away from Shen Zhixian's grasp. In fact, he’d never had such intimate contacts with other people before.

Immediately, Shen Zhixian vigilantly tightened his hold. He was a little angry that this tool would unabashedly play such a trick, and he was also annoyed with himself. Knowing that Yan Jin was reborn with hatred in his heart, why was he so unprepared?

Shen Zhixian thought about it and decided that he'd been led astray by the man's beauty.

From the beginning until now, Yan Jin had been silent. At this moment, he stood motionless, looking straight ahead without any expression on his face, his lips pressed tightly together.

Shen Zhixian stood next to him and stared at his profile.   

At a glance, this was indeed the protagonist he’d fancied. When he was reading the book, he thought that the protagonist was very handsome, just from the description alone. Now, looking at the actual person, he still looked good at 360 degrees, with no imperfections. This was his favorite type.

Knowing that his master was staring at him, Yan Jin couldn’t stand it anymore. He turned his head slightly and said in a low voice, “Master..”

He hesitated, then turned his gaze down to their fastened hands. “Hands…”  

Shen Zhixian calmly continued to look at him. Noticing that Yan Jin’s five fingers were a little stiff and that he looked overwhelmed, Shen Zhixian casually said, “What’s the matter? I'm just holding your hand.”

He focused his gaze on Yan Jin’s taunt jaw and let out a small laugh, saying lightly, “The Master and disciple are of one mind and has the same goal. A’jin will not abandon Master, right?”

Yan Jin’s throat moved but he did not answer.

The experience that came with spending four years with Shen Zhixian clearly told him that Shen Zhixian was angry.   

As soon as Shen Zhixian was angry, he would laugh, smiling easily and peacefully. His eyebrows would rise slightly, his lips tipped up in a somewhat mocking smile. The whole person obviously looked elegant and calm, but it made people feel cold and set their hairs on end.  

He’d treated Sect Leader Song like this, Yan Shen like this, and other people who had angered him like this.

But, it seemed...this was the first time that Shen Zhixian was truly angry with him.

In the past, Shen Zhixian had always been lenient with him, even indulgently so.

Yan Jin suddenly had a strange, indescribable feeling in his heart. In the past few years, Shen Zhixian could be said to have been too good to him, almost completely in line with the “master” that he’d longed for in his childhood.

As someone who’d been wandering alone in the cold world for so long, he’d always treated warmth like a treasure. Late at night, Yan Jin would repeatedly tell himself to cherish the present and forget the nightmare. But, somehow, he could never do it.

Whenever he’d determined to do so, there would always be a cold and deep voice tempting him in a dream, telling him to do whatever he wanted, to destroy the world.

Then, he would suddenly awakened, sweating coldly, his heart pounding, as if he was swaying between life and death. The little unwillingness and hatred were like a gangrene spreading deep within the bones. Just peel a little away and it would immediately re-grow to entangle him once more.

“...A’jin? Did you hear my question?” Shen Zhixian’s smile became more and more kind. “Do you want to stand here with Master until we grow old?”