64

Shen Zhixian was feeling very irritable lately.

The first reason was that he’d beheaded too many demons and eliminated too many devils, which will inevitably affect his mood; the second reason was that he had no information on Yan Jin’s whereabouts; and the third reason was that...

The day he tried to communicate with Sect Leader Wen’s broken sword spirit, he saw a vague image.

It was the scene where Sect Leader Wen suffered a qi deviation while in retreat. Aside from Sect Leader Wen, there was another figure partially hidden in the image.

Using his sword, an unknown man was sneakily destroying Sect Leader Wen's painstakingly arranged protective formation.

However, this was, after all, just a ray of a broken sword remnant. The image only flashed briefly before disappearing completely.

Shen Zhixian clenched his fist, his heart ice-cold. Even though he’d only seen half of the sword, it was enough. He recognized that it was Song Ming’s sabre.

Sect Leader Wen’s death really was related to Song Ming!

Previously, Shen Zhixian only had a vague suspicion. Now, he was almost certain of Song Ming’s guilt.

Song Ming was initially just an ordinary disciple. However, after Shen Zhixian’s body was seized, Sect Leader Wen saw that Song Ming was very diligent and hardworking. He then accepted him as a disciple and passed the sect leader position to him, wanting him to take more care of Shen Zhixian.

But who knew...

It was only at the last moment that Sect Leader Wen clearly saw the wolf’s ambition and the heartless scorpion under Song Ming’s gentle face.

Shen Zhixian rushed for a few days. By the time he arrived in Qingyun Sect, night had gradually shaded the sky darker. He was well acquainted with Qingyun Sect's restrictions. Moreover, since Sect Leader Wen had deliberately opened the back door for him, something Song Ming didn't have the capability to change, he was able to silently enter the sect.

He didn't go back to his own peak. Instead, he went to Shilian Mountain.

The last time he was here, Yan Jin had altered a formation, causing them to be teleported to this place. Right now, as he looked at this familiar scenery, his mood was complicated.

This was the place where he’d naughtily ran over when he was a kid. The demon beasts here were more powerful and so it was usually not open to new disciples for trial. When he was a kid… In Sect Leader Wen’s words, he was like a little jumping cat.

He liked to jump where all the excitements were and go where he shouldn’t go. Relying on his own excellent cultivation and quick-wittedness, he’d quietly slipped into this mountain area.

The demon beasts here were much more powerful than the little demon beasts outside the rest of the mountain. After Little Cat Shen Zhixian secretly observed this place, he felt that he might be capable of fighting them and so, no matter how many, he would catch each demon beast and fight with it.

He stayed here for a few days, messing with a group of demon beasts to the point of tears. When Sect Leader Wen found out that he’d came to this place instead of going into retreat as he ought to, Sect Leader Wen hurried in to rescue him. The moment he was taken out, all the demon beasts celebrated for three days.

However, soon after discovering that he’d received no injuries, Sect Leader Wen was relieved and no longer restrained him. “Those demon beasts are all quite resistant. Since you’re not afraid, it’s also good to go and move your muscles.”

So, he took off for a few more days.

The demon beasts were not at all happy to see Little Cat Shen Zhixian return, waving his tail and looking for a fight.